TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010+ Stripes Question

I recently got a full set of stripes from Raceskinz (who from another thread I found on here before used to or still does make the SS stripes for Shelby) and I have a question that I'm hoping someone here can answer. On the rear of the car the part that goes from the bottom of the spoiler and covers the back of the trunk....is that 1 piece? It appears in my kit that the sticker comes down to the edge just below the SHELBY lettering and theres a separate piece for the rest of the trunk where the faux gas cap goes. Can anyone with a real SS verify if theres are 1 or 2 piece. Also the rear bumper cover piece....all 1 piece? The kit appears to have a piece that goes from the edge and down around the license plate but can't find any piece for the part of the rear bumper above that edge that goes to the trunk. Its been a nightmare getting these pieces from them. I won't need the roof stripe as I have a glass roof so I might end up just having to cut that up as spare pieces.

04-2011-shelby-gt500-super-snake.jpg

It's not one piece, they overlap. The rear bumper is also two pieces from what I recall the part closest to the ground is installed first then the top piece overlaps it kind of like how shingles work on the roof of a house. Also from what i've been told, Raceskinz still owns the patent on the SuperSnake stripes. The only thing he can't duplicate is the "G.T.500 SuperSnake" logo on the front fenders.

It's not one piece, they overlap. The rear bumper is also two pieces from what I recall the part closest to the ground is installed first then the top piece overlaps it kind of like how shingles work on the roof of a house. Also from what i've been told, Raceskinz still owns the patent on the SuperSnake stripes. The only thing he can't duplicate is the "G.T.500 SuperSnake" logo on the front fenders.

Thank you very much. If thats the case it looks like I'm just missing the piece from upper part of the edge on the rear bumper. Should be easy enough to cut a piece straight across from the roof piece thats not used.

• 2 weeks later...

My GTS has overlap on the back and front as well.

At first, I didn't see them upon delivery, then when the car got dirty, the overlap appeared.

Not a huge issue for me, it's normal, but it did make me do a double take the first time I saw them.

Mi amigo....maybe this picture can help you? The stripes were just installed two days ago at SAI in Vegas......post-33685-0-49287500-1347106608_thumb.jpg

I thought you put the 2013 rear facia and lights on your car with the Boss lower section?

Phill

I recently got a full set of stripes from Raceskinz (who from another thread I found on here before used to or still does make the SS stripes for Shelby) and I have a question that I'm hoping someone here can answer. On the rear of the car the part that goes from the bottom of the spoiler and covers the back of the trunk....is that 1 piece? It appears in my kit that the sticker comes down to the edge just below the SHELBY lettering and theres a separate piece for the rest of the trunk where the faux gas cap goes. Can anyone with a real SS verify if theres are 1 or 2 piece. Also the rear bumper cover piece....all 1 piece? The kit appears to have a piece that goes from the edge and down around the license plate but can't find any piece for the part of the rear bumper above that edge that goes to the trunk. Its been a nightmare getting these pieces from them. I won't need the roof stripe as I have a glass roof so I might end up just having to cut that up as spare pieces.

04-2011-shelby-gt500-super-snake.jpg

lol did you read the thread I posted in about my idea with the black ss hood and red ss stripe that I would have raceskinz make since they made SS stripes for 07-09 cars? :)

lol did you read the thread I posted in about my idea with the black ss hood and red ss stripe that I would have raceskinz make since they made SS stripes for 07-09 cars? :)

So how are you guys getting these stripes? Directly from Raceskinz or through a vendor?

What are they charging for the complete OTT stripes?

I've pretty much convinced myself that I don't want a SS hood but I think a white t-T-t Super Snake style stripe on my '10 stock appearing Kona Blue GT500 w/Power Dome Aluminum hood would look great.

And I'm thinking a Super Snake stripe would still fit because the break for the SS 'scoop' openng is going to be about in the same position as the break for the stock hood vent. Anyone know for sure?

Phill

So how are you guys getting these stripes? Directly from Raceskinz or through a vendor?

What are they charging for the complete OTT stripes?

I've pretty much convinced myself that I don't want a SS hood but I think a white t-T-t Super Snake style stripe on my '10 stock appearing Kona Blue GT500 w/Power Dome Aluminum hood would look great.

And I'm thinking a Super Snake stripe would still fit because the break for the SS 'scoop' openng is going to be about in the same position as the break for the stock hood vent. Anyone know for sure?

Phill

I don't think the single stripe will look good on the stock hood.

Archived