TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Color Question

mlane73

They are both paint code D3. I think torch red was used by Ford for a short time for the S197 cars and it was learned that GM had used it for some time. So Colorado Red is the official / correct name.

I may be wrong, but this is my understanding. Here are a couple of other discussions on this:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/820567-torch-red-really-colorado-red.html

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/47461-d3-is-colorado-red-not-torch-red/

I just checked the Ford ordering guides from 2007 to 2010 and they only list Torch Red (D3), no mention of Colorado red for those years.

Its not unusual for car manufacturers to use the same exact color on different models but with a different paint name. Looks like Ford just wanted to spice things up by calling the color torch red when used on the current Mustangs.

Steve

Wow, thanks for posting that. I missed that thread somehow. I will update my spreadsheet. I wonder if they were a part of the 1011 or in addition to? Im told those numbers are inclusive of prototypes, but clearly there is more to the story here.

Wow, thanks for posting that. I missed that thread somehow. I will update my spreadsheet. I wonder if they were a part of the 1011 or in addition to? Im told those numbers are inclusive of prototypes, but clearly there is more to the story here.

TXCobra; would mind sharing your spreadsheet? Like you, I'm trying to "document" these KR's. I can pm you my email to send it.

Thanks.

I too have my own little personal KR registry.

Haven't looked at it in awhile but I believe I have over 300 KR's in it.

I have pictures, CSM#, vin, ++ for just about all of them. If it was ever posted on the internet for sale I have it.

Happy to share / compare

I heard about the 2 08's coming up to Canada as well, but both were owned by Ford and used for marketing. I don't believe they were ever sold. I have also seen a new ebony 08' that was brought up by a dealership here in Calgary and sold. So it seems as though it was at least possible at one time to bring up 08's and registrar them here in Canada. Today I think it is impossible according to our import rules.

I too would like an updated spread sheet. :)

I too have my own little personal KR registry. Haven't looked at it in awhile but I believe I have over 300 KR's in it. I have pictures, CSM#, vin, ++ for just about all of them. If it was ever posted on the internet for sale I have it. Happy to share. dave4691@gmail.com

09KR0096 left from Penn State to Alberta.

Whats funny and both sad is that i was running a spreadshhet on the 08 SGT-C (GO), and now working on the Hertz. You would think SAI, would post a spreadsheet or something for all owners to view. We are still waiting on the registry...5 years later

Archived