TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MT 2012 best drivers car competition

267K Mclaren MP4-12C 1:34.5....

400K+ Lambo aventador.....1:35.4 hmmm

107K 2013 GTR BE, it did a 1:36.3....very impressive

63K GT500....1:38.7 pretty awesome considering the contenders

108K C63 Black....1:38.9 ( looks like a damn GT2 car)

57K ZL1....1:39.2.....pretty damn good on this list of cars

124K porsche( handling monster, with outdated looks IMO)...1:39.3 beat by the zl1....wow

133K XKR-S 1:42.9....very hard to drive apparently, shocking

28K subaru ( about what it costs for a brake job on the Lambo ) 1:51.3; LFA would have been more appropriate in this slot

decided to just post the times here. For arguments sake I guess....considering the competition (besides the subaru ) the GT500 and zl1 did pretty damn well. Pobst prefers V8's that make you work just a lil, his comments eluded to him not exactly feeling connected to the mclaren and GTR. He loved the GT500, Lambo, Merc and zl1...even the BRZ

all in all pretty good stuff, I rather just watch him drive and give commentary than to later read to stupid editors and why they decide to choose one over the other....what have we learned here>? sometimes driving a super expensive car does not always mean its better

link to videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MotorTrend

Pretty darn impressive for the GT500 and ZL1! You are correct about the editors. Some of the videos I have seen, Probst will give some really insightful commentary and then the host/editor will say completely the opposite. How big of a role do you think the hard numbers will actually play? I'm not sure what criteria they use to decide this contest, but it seems crazy comparing a 28k car to a 400k car.

267K Mclaren MP4-12C 1:34.5....

400K+ Lambo aventador.....1:35.4 hmmm

107K 2013 GTR BE, it did a 1:36.3....very impressive

63K GT500....1:38.7 pretty awesome considering the contenders

108K C63 Black....1:38.9 ( looks like a damn GT2 car)

57K ZL1....1:39.2.....pretty damn good on this list of cars

124K porsche( handling monster, with outdated looks IMO)...1:39.3 beat by the zl1....wow

133K XKR-S 1:42.9....very hard to drive apparently, shocking

28K subaru ( about what it costs for a brake job on the Lambo ) 1:51.3; LFA would have been more appropriate in this slot

decided to just post the times here. For arguments sake I guess....considering the competition (besides the subaru ) the GT500 and zl1 did pretty damn well. Pobst prefers V8's that make you work just a lil, his comments eluded to him not exactly feeling connected to the mclaren and GTR. He loved the GT500, Lambo, Merc and zl1...even the BRZ

all in all pretty good stuff, I rather just watch him drive and give commentary than to later read to stupid editors and why they decide to choose one over the other....what have we learned here>? sometimes driving a super expensive car does not always mean its better

link to videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/MotorTrend

But the entire rub on the GT500 was that the ZL1 beat it on the track and that the GT500 was just a straight line beast. Seems things have changed...

I think hes going to choose the mclaren or the mercedes c63. I am leaning towards the mercedes because Randy is so obsessed about braking confidence. Its almost his number 1 criteria of any track car. Give how he had no complaints about the c63s brakes and like the steering and balance, I'm sure he will pick that as his favorite.

So the porsche was number one and the shelby was 7th? I knew they would pick the camaro over it because of the damn brakes. They even said they like our car more on the street and back roads then the camaro. Knew the lambo would be dead last. Shocked to see the mclaren at 5th, it should have been first followed by the c63 and then the porsche IMO.

The BRZ should have been 9th IMO because its a POS that shouldn't belong in that list even. I rather drive a v6 around canyons with more power than a 200 HP subie.

Obviously good from a 40 roll...but with the tall gearing and power to only 2 of the 4 wheels, the Shelby gives up so much from the line. I wonder what would happen from the line to the 1/2 mile (like Green Pants said)? I would also like to see a '13 Shelby with 3.73's run a GTR from the line.

These 13 GT500's are monsters, and are cosiderably cheaper than the 13 GTR. Also rode in a 13 GTR recently and it's basically a race car. Loud in the cab and not motor loud, noise and suspension vibration is rediculous. Crappy daily driver if you ask me. Doesn't mean I don't want one. It's a marvel of engineering. I love them, I just love my American beast more.

These 13 GT500's are monsters, and are cosiderably cheaper than the 13 GTR. Also rode in a 13 GTR recently and it's basically a race car. Loud in the cab and not motor loud, noise and suspension vibration is rediculous. Crappy daily driver if you ask me. Doesn't mean I don't want one. It's a marvel of engineering. I love them, I just love my American beast more.

You felt vibration and noise? I didn't notice any of that on the 2011 I drove. Plus it was way quieter than our 13s.

Maybe they changed some important stuff when they did those suspension changes?

Obviously good from a 40 roll...but with the tall gearing and power to only 2 of the 4 wheels, the Shelby gives up so much from the line. I wonder what would happen from the line to the 1/2 mile (like Green Pants said)? I would also like to see a '13 Shelby with 3.73's run a GTR from the line.

With 3.73s and the same stock rubber you'd just get more wheel spin making the car slower.

Do you guys think the GT500 could have beaten the GTR to the 1/2 mile. I wish the race was longer. I would love to drive any of those cars in that race.

Yes it would have...just look at tthe times and mph...the only thing that saved the GT-R from being 4th is the AWD..the GT500 was almost 2 mph

faster crossing the line so had they have went on to a half mile or a full mile there's no dought that the GT500 would have beaten the GT-R...they

should have had the ZR1 Vette at that race and the new Viper..What the hay was the Subie doing there anyway.

Archived