TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rebuildable GT500 on ebay

davidnz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My question is, why isn't the owner rebuilding it?

I wouldn't want it. It'd have a salvage title, and those are a major hit to resale

I wonder what it will sell for??? for me it would make a great daily driver if goes cheap....looks like a easy fixer....who cares if it has a salavge title...

A Shelby is a Shelby, no doubt. But since someone is getting rid of a "possible" totalled Shelby, it might need A LOT of work (maybe frame work).

Sure it'd be a nice car. But for all the money you'd spend fixing it (and fixing it right hopefully), you'd be better off getting a brand-spankin'-new Cobra

EDIT

We bought this car directly from the insurance company. It is hugger orange with white stripes. black leather interior. 5.4 supercharged V8 rated at 500 hp, 6 speed transmission, and a Shaker 1000 sound system. Car still runs and drives fine. Located in Des Moines, IA it will be sold as-is on a Iowa salvage title. $500.00 deposit due within 24 hours of end of sale, balance is due in 5 days. Deposit may be made by paypal, balance must be cash or wire transfer. We can load the car for you.

Hugger orange? Who are the kidding?

Come on.... they say, "We have a 2006 Mustang GT rear clip available for $2500.00"

Is the 06 GT clip the same as the 07 GT500 clip??

No an 06 GT clip is not the same.

A 07 GT/CS clip is the same.

A Shelby is a Shelby, no doubt. But since someone is getting rid of a "possible" totalled Shelby, it might need A LOT of work (maybe frame work).

Sure it'd be a nice car. But for all the money you'd spend fixing it (and fixing it right hopefully), you'd be better off getting a brand-spankin'-new Cobra

EDIT

Hugger orange? Who are the kidding?

looks like the owner got paid off by the insurance company ...you would have to fix right ..no point of not fixing right..at the end of the day it all depends of how $$ the car can be bought for...if i canbe bought for low 20's and fix it for 5k and be in for 30k that would a good deal for me.....

You SICK bunch of *&%^$^%!

You all sit around and talk about Her like she was a 1997 Taurus!

We should all take a second to LOOK AT HER! And have a moment of Silence..... Look at Her as if she was YOURS! ...."Does that hit home"?

We have All Lost one of the greats. God Be With Her.

We should all take a second to LOOK AT HER! And have a moment of Silence..... Look at Her as if she was YOURS! ...."Does that hit home"?

Get some counseling. Its a god damn car not one of your children..................

The more that crash the better the reasle :hysterical:

Ill give you a moment of silence.Hold on while i go out and burn my tires off and power shift the car in a brake stand.

Whether or not it's worth it to purchase this car all depends on how much the car cost and the cost of repairing it properly. I think it can be interesting for someone who drives the car a lot, plans to keep it for a long time but does not view it as a future collectible and consequently does not worry about resale value.

I actually have a personal experience with a car like this one and it has been a positive one. I bought a salvaged 2001 Audi S4 in early 2002. The car had only 2,500 KM (about 1,500 miles), and I saved over 20K on the price of a new one (these sold for around $62,000 CDN at the time). I have had the car for 5 years now and it has so far given me 50,000 trouble free miles (only routine maintenance). It is still my daily driver and I plan to keep it for at least a couple more years.

My goal with the Shelby is different and I am not sure that I would buy a salvaged one. However, at the right price, this could be a nice opportunity for someone who can't quite afford a brand new one.

As far as the color is concerned, my only guess is that this guy felt that "hug" and "grab" are synonimous. :hysterical2:

it colud be a good deal if you have access to getting it repaired . i have a freind that works in a body shop . he just purcased a mach 1 that was totalled " hit pole on passenger door " he repaired it on his own time. bought car for 6000 - 1000 in repair parts = priceless

I have a body shop & I am only 4 hours away. Very tempting. I would have to go see it in person.

looks like the owner got paid off by the insurance company ...you would have to fix right ..no point of not fixing right..at the end of the day it all depends of how $$ the car can be bought for...if i canbe bought for low 20's and fix it for 5k and be in for 30k that would a good deal for me.....

I can not imagine being able to get that fixed for $5k. Especially fixed right. If that was all it would cost the insurance company would not have totalled it. They would have had it fixed.

I don't think you could even buy the parts needed to fix it right for $5k.

Rumor has it that this GO Shelby was in a stop and go race with a Chevy. I guess the Chevy couldn't stop. :redcard:

It would be nice to buy this for the right price and have it fixed and keep it as a second Shelby. You could take it easy on your original car and absolutely drive the hell out of this one … and not look back.

Question is, could you ever touch it for the right price? Who knows.

HSURB

This car will be saved and enjoyed to the fullest, I guarantee that in writing. I might buy it if it's not to late, know just the person to remove and replace the back half.

Edit: It's already approaching a cost that would not be worth the investment (over 18K) and there is still over five days to go before the auction ends. If the car sells for 25K and costs between 5 & 8K to repair, you would be into her for as much as 33K. I don't think it's worth 33K repaired.

Well I might get one after all, I can fix it, I have done several rear clips, tops and many years of heavy collision but can't afford to pay sticker plus ADM. I wouldn't want if if someone else fixed it but I have a good friend who is a 35 year frame man and I can use his frame machine. That is provided it won't buff out!! Just called the wife and gave her a heads up and began the sucking up process. I will watch the bidding and let you know how it goes.

that car will bring over $27-30k............all day long

Its not hit that bad.Can easily ber fixed for $5k in used parts.People that do it for a living have much different access to parts that the general public dont.

Is there really THOUSANDS OF USED parts for this car out there now?? Where would you find thousands of used GT500 parts now ? That would mean that thousands of GT500s were hit in the front end and the rears are available. How many were made? Wasn't alot of the metal on the GT500 thicker for rigidity, especially the underside? So regular mustang metal won't do for most of this right? If thats what you were thinking using regular mustang parts. :shrug:

Not much out there in used parts so many new parts will have to be used. I said I could fix it but it still won't be cheap. I just can't pay what they are bringing new. It will most likely bring more than it is worth, I see that at the auction all the time. Cars for some reason bring what they should with no damage, go figure? This car is unique and although fixable in my opinion it is still a really hard hit and it is true they are never the same if they aren't repaired correctly. Also it never fails that there are always parts that need replaced that you thought were good. If this isn't done correctly the car will dog track among other issues.

Whether or not it's worth it to purchase this car all depends on how much the car cost and the cost of repairing it properly. I think it can be interesting for someone who drives the car a lot, plans to keep it for a long time but does not view it as a future collectible and consequently does not worry about resale value.

I actually have a personal experience with a car like this one and it has been a positive one. I bought a salvaged 2001 Audi S4 in early 2002. The car had only 2,500 KM (about 1,500 miles), and I saved over 20K on the price of a new one (these sold for around $62,000 CDN at the time). I have had the car for 5 years now and it has so far given me 50,000 trouble free miles (only routine maintenance). It is still my daily driver and I plan to keep it for at least a couple more years.

My goal with the Shelby is different and I am not sure that I would buy a salvaged one. However, at the right price, this could be a nice opportunity for someone who can't quite afford a brand new one.

As far as the color is concerned, my only guess is that this guy felt that "hug" and "grab" are synonimous. :hysterical2:

First of all why would you buy it as a daily driver with gas prices as they are? Secondly, I had a beamer years ago which was a hatchet job...literally cut in half and put back together and with a clean title...crooks! The only way I found out what shape it was in was when someone hit me and the insurance company and body shop looked at it and they wouldn't touch it. Don't go near that car if you're smart.

This one does not have a clean title, never will and that is a major killer on resale value no matter how nice a job you do repairing it. Its a driver thats all. At its current price it is past the investment range. You have to be careful with salvage titles. If it does not say rebuildable also it's just a parts car and can never be re titled.

Archived