TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Future Mustangs.. what will you buy?

orange whip 04

How does anything they build that I can get in a convertible sound? :D My story is thus...I've always loved the Mustang. Don't know when I saw my first one or why they seemed to have struck a chord but I do know that ever since I was a kid, I've wanted a Mustang and I told myself that I would own one one day. I'm not really a gearhead or probably as big an enthusiast as some others, but the car just does something for me. I finally realized my dream in 2001. My wife wanted to stimulate the economy in our own little way after 9/11 and I'd already decided that my next car would be a Mustang. She had a mid 80's 'stang convertible so that part is her dream. So, off we went in search and lo and behold found a gray 2001 Cobra convertible which I owned and drove daily until about 3 weeks ago. Family growth necessitated that I trade it in for a crew cab truck but I did it with a plan. I'd already decided that I would have a Shelby this year or next. If that doesn't work out and a GT350, Mach 1, BOSS, or Bullit come out then I'll probably get one of those. My 2001 had 320HP and the current GT has 300HP so I'm only giving up 20HP if I don't get anything other than a 2009 GT (after the redisign) assuming they don't make any power improvements. Bottom line , I will own another Mustang convertible, whether that's summer 2008 when the '09's are released or shortly thereafter is there is another high performance offering in the making.

I would buy any new Mustang (even a Mach 1 :boring: ) if it had a 5.4L n/a engine.

An affordable GT350 with better styling than the GT-H would be at the top of my list followed closely by a Boss 329 (just sounds SOO much better than a Boss 330).

Then a Bullit would be a distant third and a then a Mach 1, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I am just so tired of not having any low end torque in the Mustang. It's been this way for over 10 years now. It's time to get back making a Mustang feel & drive like a Mustang. Not a Honda.

Give me a Boss in Grabber Blue!! By the time theseactually goes on sale and are affordable my '05 will be ready to trade in and hopefully I'll have some $ saved up to go along with the trade in to get the payments down to where I can afford them. Bring on the Boss!! :shift:

I'm all for any legendary name/model that is done right and keeps the Mustang's diversity. With that being said, here's what I would buy:

Boss 329

GT350

It would be cool to see a Mach1 and a Bullitt too. How about a Twister Special? Or would this be incorrect it today's sensative society?

For me, it's as simple as a single word: BOSS!!! :bowdown:

As long as Ford produces a Boss similar to this:

http://www.saleen.com/S302.htm

Make mine metallic black :shift:

A distant second choice would be a much improved GT350 with improved power, styling and handling over the recently introduced GT350-H.

Archived