TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Skin issues.

Has anyone else had to deal with skin issues? I have been useing efudex for the past few weeks to get rid of some pre-cancer spots. My dermatologist says I'm right on the edge of skin cancer and wanted to see if anyone had some advice. I'm kind of freaked out! My face has a lot of red spots right now from the treatment. I have to go back in a month to see if everything is gone if not then he wants to do a biopsy.

Get a biopsy and have the lab figure out weather or not it is basil cell carcinoma or melanoma. Don't mess around with this. Trust me on that.

I am a skin cancer survivor. I had stage 2 melanoma on my face. I now have 6 years cancer free.

Melanoma is the only skin cancer that can kill you and if it gets into your water / limp glands or blood.....it travels fast all over your body.

I'm not trying to freak you out...but it is nothing to mess around with. Don't let it lay there and spread.

Definitely get it checked.

My belief is: If it’s Cancer and a Biopsy is done, it will really piss off the Cancer and it spreads. Sort of like disturbing an Ant Hill (Ants being the Cancer). I know, it sounds stupid, but I knew several People that had a Biopsy done, it WAS Cancer and they Dies several Months later. I am not saying that’s going to happen with you and I am not trying to freak you out, I am just saying what I believe. If they want to do a Biopsy on something, just have them remove it completely and test it. Just my 2 cents.

The important thing is to catch it in time, when in doubt cut it out. From now on you should go for a full body check every 3 to 6 months. Stay out of the sun from now on and when outside use a heavy duty sun block. Make sure you take a good vitimin D every day it helps to fight cancer, your skin is the largest orgin in your body drink plenty of water to keep it healthy....don't get crazy over this as I said if it is caught in time it is better than if too late.

Thanks for the replys!! I will be hounding my derm to do a biopsy.

Grabber,

I was Hopeing that you would post up I stumbled across your thread when you went through it. I tried to send you a pm but it would not go through. I am thankfull for all the insight this forum has to offer. Thanks again. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks bikeboy!! Unfortunately I have seen the photos from grabbers treatment. I understand the AZ native. I grew up in Barstow Ca so ran around in the desert without sun block the whole time I grew up.

Grabber,

I was Hopeing that you would post up I stumbled across your thread when you went through it. I tried to send you a pm but it would not go through.

My PM box is turned off here. Got tired of some insulting / degrading PM's. I can be found on FMCC and my PM box works there.

http://fordmusclecarclub.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

As a tennis pro,I know exactly where you are coming from!!!!!!!!! I have had a few spots removed and some frozen and have been fortunate!!!!! Please get them checked out pronto!!!!!! I see a dermatologist on a regular basis ( every 6 months ) as a kind of preventive maintenance.Remember as a kid we felt impervious to everything but as we get older those sunburns take their toll on us!!!! Put yourself at ease with a full body scan!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a full body scan and he does not see anything else that he is concerned with. I will continue to go back at least every six months from now on.

I am healing now as the efudex has left a lot of red/scabs on my face and he thinks it has taken care of all my trouble spots. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are all gone. Thanks for all the information.

Efudex works well for superficial low grade skin cancers, but not used for melanoma. If it was prescribed by a Dermatologist, Im sure they knew yours were low grade.

The red spots mean the stuff is working, for basal cell cancers, it takes 3-6 months until the lesions are gone. Regular Derm check ups are mandatory for all us ex sun-all-day kids.

Best of luck, sounds like its going as planned.

Has anyone else had to deal with skin issues? I have been useing efudex for the past few weeks to get rid of some pre-cancer spots. My dermatologist says I'm right on the edge of skin cancer and wanted to see if anyone had some advice. I'm kind of freaked out! My face has a lot of red spots right now from the treatment. I have to go back in a month to see if everything is gone if not then he wants to do a biopsy.

I have had pre-skin cancer spots removed semi-annually by freezing for more years than I can remember. Like Grabber said , don't mess around. My mother had a hole in her calf larger than Grabber's due to sitting by the pool too much. In March of this year, I had a full face photo-something treatment that turned my whole face, neck and ears into open sores for about 2 weeks. It was like the freezing only everywhere. I was asked by my boss not to be on the Q&A panel at our stockholders meeting the week after. :whew: :hysterical: My dermatologist says it worked as advertised so I don't need the freezing for at least 2 years.

As for biopsies, that is how my prostate cancer was discovered after my PSA level spiked. I had prostate surgery and am almost 600 days cancer free. My most recent PSA was 0.000. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Without the biopsy, it could have spread to other organs and my chances of survival would have gone down hill accordingly.

I have had pre-skin cancer spots removed semi-annually by freezing for more years than I can remember. Like Grabber said , don't mess around. My mother had a hole in her calf larger than Grabber's due to sitting by the pool too much. In March of this year, I had a full face photo-something treatment that turned my whole face, neck and ears into open sores for about 2 weeks. It was like the freezing only everywhere. I was asked by my boss not to be on the Q&A panel at our stockholders meeting the week after. :whew: :hysterical: My dermatologist says it worked as advertised so I don't need the freezing for at least 2 years.

As for biopsies, that is how my prostate cancer was discovered after my PSA level spiked. I had prostate surgery and am almost 600 days cancer free. My most recent PSA was 0.000. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Without the biopsy, it could have spread to other organs and my chances of survival would have gone down hill accordingly.

My whole face is a bunch of open sores right now. It defeinatly does not help for recruiting!! (I'm an Air Force recruiter). Glad to hear they caught your prostate cancer. I just hope this does not go to other skin cancers. Thanks for shareing your story this stuff helps not only me but others that may think they are alone when they go through stuff like this.

Archived