TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Speedo HELP!!

AH64DFlyboy

So I have been wondering why people are not doing the speed limit. I was on base the other day and driving and noticed every one was doing ten under the speed-limit no problem I go around them and even a cop. They followed me until I got to where I was going. After I got out they said very nice car oh by the way do you know the speed-limit? I said sure its 35. Well he was clocking me doing 45. He didnt give me a ticket and was nice but this has me puzzled. I am trying to figure out if the tune I have doesn't take in the 331 rear end or tire ratio. I called Lethal and they told me the tire rev/ mile is 750. So I did that and still not sure if its right? I found a website and it says 724. What should I do? Can anyone tell me @ 45 MPH in 4th gear what they RPM should read.

Well I am turning just over 2000 rpm @ 40 mph. I am not sure what I need to do to fix this?

do you have an iphone?? if you do go download a gps app and check your speed with it... ive done this before on my super duty cause they dont have a programmer for the 2011 that does 37' and above tires...

Should be. If its a properly done tune. I'm assuming its Lund. Mail in tunes always make me nervous. I don't think I will everr tune my shelby. A gt or v6 I wouldn't care but definintley not with this car at least till warranty expires.

What should I do?

Your sig has 6 different cars listed so I'm not sure what year you're talking about. Here's something for you, or not;

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=22362

My FRPP Whipple 2.9L Supercharger kit included a Pro-Cal tuner and which allows me to change parameters for both tire size and gear ratio changes.

There is also a aftermarket unit that allows you the same, plus change the RPM rev limit and the Vehicle Speed limiter. I think it sells for 2 or 3 hundred dollars.

Phill

Archived