TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2005 shelby mustang

demon666

I don't believe the Terlingua was available until late 2007 or 2008. I don't believe the CS6 or CS8 were available in 2005. However, you could send a used Mustang to be converted to a CS6 or CS8 just as you could send a used Mustang for the Terlingua conversion.

the tristate mustang club in cincinnati gave 1st place in its class to a 2005 shelby mustang. i did not know that such a car existed. am i wrong?

That all depends........MUSTANG F/X (my company) had a Contract with CSL to produce 1994 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby Mustangs and 1997 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby Haulers (Ford Trucks). These Vehicles are Authorized SAI Licensed Vehicles.

the tristate mustang club in cincinnati gave 1st place in its class to a 2005 shelby mustang. i did not know that such a car existed. am i wrong?

That 2005 Boss 302 I seen for sale at the Ford dealer last month must not have been there.

This is on the SA Web Site:

"Shelby American and designer/artist Bill Neale have returned the legendary Terlingua Racing Team to the forefront of the racing community with a post title package for the 2005 - 2010 V6 Ford Mustang. Ranging up to over 375 horsepower, the packages are availabe from all factory-authorized Shelby Mod Shops nationwide.

From powerful Baer brakes to a functional hood scoop to feed air to a Paxton supercharger, this “mad bunny” post-title package turns the V6 Mustang into a balanced performer that can run with some of the fastest cars on the street."

Of course if there was a picture of the car, we could tell you exactly what it is. It is possible to be a Terlingua (however I don't think there were any built on 2005 models), CS6 or CS8, Tribute Edition, or could have been a Shelby Supercharged, or a couple other of those models were eligible to be built on 2005's, but do not know if any ever were. A picture would help a ton. Most likely, it is a clone or not real Shelby.

Or then again, could just be a misprint of the results on the Tri-State page. Everything else I find shows that the winner owns a 2009 GT500, not a 2005. So could just be a misprint in the year.

Of course if there was a picture of the car, we could tell you exactly what it is. It is possible to be a Terlingua (however I don't think there were any built on 2005 models), CS6 or CS8, Tribute Edition, or could have been a Shelby Supercharged, or a couple other of those models were eligible to be built on 2005's, but do not know if any ever were. A picture would help a ton. Most likely, it is a clone or not real Shelby.

Or then again, could just be a misprint of the results on the Tri-State page. Everything else I find shows that the winner owns a 2009 GT500, not a 2005. So could just be a misprint in the year.

i swear i seen a 2005 Terlignua for sale awhile ago, think it was on autotrader. It was black with yellow hood and had a 05 sticker on the door

That all depends........MUSTANG F/X (my company) had a Contract with CSL to produce 1994 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby Mustangs and 1997 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby Haulers (Ford Trucks). These Vehicles are Authorized SAI Licensed Vehicles.

Dave, how many of these Mustang F/X's were made? I liked your '05.

All, it might be a tribute or clone car, don't believe everything the Internet or car show participant tells you.

Dave, how many of these Mustang F/X's were made? I liked your '05.

All, it might be a tribute or clone car, don't believe everything the Internet or car show participant tells you.

About 80 have been built.........I personally own a few of the Packages with Signed Certificates.

MUSTANG F/X (my company) had a Contract with CSL to produce 1994 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby Mustangs.

What would such cars look like? What could they be a tribute to if Shelby did not produce cars from 1994 to 2005? I am truly trying to learn something here rather than be a nay sayer. I would appreciate the details. Thanks.

Jim

What would such cars look like? What could they be a tribute to if Shelby did not produce cars from 1994 to 2005? I am truly trying to learn something here rather than be a nay sayer. I would appreciate the details. Thanks.

Jim

The Cars are called Tribute Edition Shelbys and were produced to pay Tribute to Carroll Shelby for all he has done in the Automotive World. The package is an Appearance because most of the Buyers already modified their Mustangs with Wheels, Exhaust, Drop Springs, CAI Kits, etc. My slogan was basically "I make it Official, you make it Yours". Some of the Customers bought the Package just to be different from the Mustang next door. When I asked Carroll about putting the Tribute Edition Shelby's in the Registry, (before He got back into building Shelby's), He said he didn't know why they wouldn't be admitted, since they are Official Products of Shelby American Licensing. Rick Kopec said YES, they will be included in the next Registry and was working with me on it. He told me to keep in touch and they will be in the Last Book. When Carroll opened up Shop, Amy was Hired as President of SAI. Then as you all may know, Carroll and Rick went to War over SAAC. Some how in the Deal, the Tribute Edition Shelby's fell into the Cracks. When I talked to Rick after things were settled, he told me that He was not allowed to Register the Newer Cars so these were out. I contacted Amy about putting them in the SAI Registry and she told me NO because it was just an appearance package, that they were cool but not enough modifications. These Car filled a Gap, they put the Shelby Name back on the mustang where it belonged and it had a little something to do with Carroll getting back into building Shelby's again and building V6 Cars. Check my Gallery for some Photos.

If I recall, some of these Trtibutes were at some of the SAAC conventions in the late 1990s. They had CS signatures on them. The V6 was a GT350 model, V8 was a GT500 series and a supercharged V* was a KR. Is thuis correct?

If I recall, some of these Trtibutes were at some of the SAAC conventions in the late 1990s. They had CS signatures on them. The V6 was a GT350 model, V8 was a GT500 series and a supercharged V* was a KR. Is thuis correct?

Mostly correct, the GT 500KR's were based on the Cobras. Very good memory, I was at several of the SAAC Shows, Charlotte, NC and Nashville, TN were my Favorites.

Pretty sure Terlingua's didn't show up until around 07, not to say they weren't made off an 06. But thought that was an 07 car.

07 was when it was offered to the Owners of V6 Mustangs as a Post Title Package for 2005 to 2009 Models.

Archived