TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby losing HP causes depression

MongoCobra

I recently brought my 2010 GT500 to the speed shop to get a few dyno runs, figuring it was a good idea after installing the VMP elbow, lower temp thermostat and Magnaflow catback. Last year when I brought it to the dyno the best pull was 529 to the wheels and A/F pegged at 11.5, very respectable with a VMP tune and smaller pulley. Best run this time was 486 to the wheels and th A/F was all over the place during the run, from 12-10. The car did overheat once since the 529 pull so I'm afraid that some real damage was done.

I've been racking my brain trying to think of what could have thrown off the tune. Temp and conditions were about the same and it was the same dyno. Could it have been the muffler swap? Maybe the cats are clogged? I think I'm going to take it for a custom tune maybe that will fix the issue.

Hasn't been fun driving around knowing that I'm not getting all the power that I can. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dyno numbers will vary day by day and dyno by dyno.

And operator to operator.

I know plenty of dyno guys and they can fudge dyno numbers all over the place.

Some on purpose, some due to ignorance or lack of training.

Phill

Best run this time was 486 to the wheels and th A/F was all over the place during the run, from 12-10. The car did overheat once since the 529 pull so I'm afraid that some real damage was done.

Wildly varied A/F readings would bother me too. A clogged cat or failing o2 sensor should fire off codes and turn the idiot light on unless VMP turns off some sensor inputs in their tunes.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it HURTS big time/////// I paid a dealership to tell me I had to return my tune to STOCK :drop: My exhaust starting poppoppop on d/shift....It seemed to get louder /louder...I went to speed job to check my cats???there was no problem After running hard shifts and high speeds I returned to the city and drove aroun. At a stop light ENGINE LIGHT ON .....Stopped checked around read manuai ///all seemed ok..Drove to dealer ...After 3hrs....Answer.....LEAN AT IDLE.... .and.... THERE IS A BUMP in RPM AT IDLE.....AND...... WASTE GATES ARE NOT RESP0NING (cause of popopo exhaust sound)...Then return tune to STOCK. TUNE...I said OK..... because they could not find any FAULT with VEHICLES TESTS....STOCK TUNE loaded ...STCK AIR BX ON>>>START VEHiCLE dianostics runing ALL PROBLEMS GONE.. :wub2: I have driven apprx 60 miles and no problem..Vehicle is much quieter // KR exhaust sound better now.. just normal back presson..Vehicle runs very good just not a QUICK... I removed an 4yr old Evolution STAGE 1...... C&L cai ........after apprx 35k miles on tune...Some racing mostly highiway mileage.....I just installed a K/N flat filter..I will drive this untill storeage and SPRING time go VMP route and be FINISHED....GD....DAME

Archived