TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby South Atlantic Summer Bash: 26 August 2012

robertlane

I've posted a thread about this car show since The 4th of August. From what I understand is that these things are put together by the Director of the area and really has nothing to do with the "mother ship" in Vegas so hence the area/location of events. Bob so happens to live here in South Florida and he's being supported by the local mustang clubs and Dealerships......these things comes out of his pocket. I have addressed the concern of having these events in other areas of the South Atlantic region and he said if anyone has a idea email him with the requests and plans and he will discuss it, has anyone emailed him?

If you Guys (, Sam and Vic ) want to organize a show that would be great. I'm sure Team Shelby National can get some things for you to give away. Team Shelby Regional Director is a volunteer position and I cant possibly organize shows all over the South East United States. Also, instead of complaining on the forum , call me anytime. 305-562-6848.

THANKS TO TEAM SHELBY AND BOB KIDS WITH AUTISM AND OTHER DISABILITIES ARE GOING TO BENEFIT FROM US DOING THESE CAR SHOW , METRO FORD IS SPONSORING THESE SHOW AND ALL THE MONEY WE COLLECT FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO THE CHARITY ( RAISE ME UP FOUNDATION) EVEN THE KIDS ARE THE ONES JUDGING THE CARS ,LOTS OF MUSTANG CLUBS FROM SOUTH FLORIDA WOULD HAVE LOVE TO GET THE OPORTUNITY TO HOST THIS SHOW BUT TO PROMOTE YOUR CLUB , TEAM SHELBY IS DOING IT. SORRY IS IN MIAMI........

Wow, I did not even know it was to raise funds for such a charity, I thought it was just another car show, thanks for the heads up Francisco.

And folks, again, I have spoken to Bob before and he's a pretty flexible guy just give him a buzz and discuss your concerns with him rather than this back and forth bickering on a public forum.

If you Guys (, Sam and Vic ) want to organize a show that would be great. I'm sure Team Shelby National can get some things for you to give away. Team Shelby Regional Director is a volunteer position and I cant possibly organize shows all over the South East United States. Also, instead of complaining on the forum , call me anytime. 305-562-6848.

I've been trying to see if I can generate some interest amongst Shelby owners in the Atlanta area, but so far not much results.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/76356-atlanta-area-meet-greet/

To quote Steve Martin: "Well exxxcuuussse me!"

Did I miss something or is the Official Team Shelby Forum not the place to talk about concerns/issues like this?

The rest of the region is feeling a little left out, not an argument, just a statement of fact!

We have now received a response and an explanation, I can deal with that and now I get it - we organize our own events, then contact Team Shelby National for support!

End of rant!

Sam

Like I said Sam, call me and I will help you organize a show. Did you attend the Memorial Show in Jacksonville which I think is about 45 min away from you? Bill and Daphne Norris had a great event there. They called me, I put them in touch with Sharon Elliott and they received what they needed from Team Shelby. It's very simple, but you need to call me. I can't work with anonymous people.

Grsybtch,

Don't know your name, but I would love to do something at the new Atlanta Motorsports Park--- the Motorsports Country Club in Dawsonville. I went there and met Jeremy and I'm sure we could do something with him. Let me know if you are interested in helping. But call me or hit me up on Facebook . We have 230+ people on Team Shelby South Atlantic. Thanks, Bob 305-562-6848

Grsybtch,

Don't know your name, but I would love to do something at the new Atlanta Motorsports Park--- the Motorsports Country Club in Dawsonville. I went there and met Jeremy and I'm sure we could do something with him. Let me know if you are interested in helping. But call me or hit me up on Facebook . We have 230+ people on Team Shelby South Atlantic. Thanks, Bob 305-562-6848

I don't get on facebook much because it's blocked on the computers at work but I am one of the 230. I started the thread for an Atlanta meet and greet on here to try to get some folks together up here and see if we could get some interest in puuting some things together, but after 500 views I've only heard from 3. Maybe a post on the facebook page would help direct them to the thread.

As far as helping with events, I'd be happy to do whatever I could to help out......just let me know with a PM on here.

Steve

Bob,

I apologize for my tone and yes, I did attend the Memorial event, I know Daphne and Bill personally. Also, I have contacted you regarding the "Horsepower on the Horse Farm" event that struggled and died on the vine due to a loss of venue - I offered a new location, but had no idea how to proceed.

As for Facebook, Steve's point is legit, but also I thought this forum was the "official" place for Team Shelby. I'm not a fan of Facebook, however, if we are moving to that format, I will comply.

Sam

I sure would like to attend a Shelby get together after this Summer heat takes a hike and a little closer than Miami. Chattanooga Tennessee is a closer drive for me than Miami. Sam's Fernandina Beach event could be the perfect event for me and there is another one at the Jacksonville Landing this Fall. :)

Don

Archived