TEAM SHELBY FORUM

waiting on the tow truck

kraegar

So here I sit, waiting on a tow truck (typing on my blackberry). I was doing about 50-55 when my brakes started squealing. Sounds nasty.

I've flashed it back to stock, and they'll be towing it to where I bought it to get looked at.

Fun.

Happened on the first "fun" drive of the year with my wife.

This sucks.

- Tony

Well, I'm home. The car is (hopefully) at the shop. They'll look at it on Monday.

It sounded like something broke loose. Heard a small squeak once, let off the gas to get the Bassani to quiet down, and heard it again.

Immediately pulled over, and it was already a squeal. Tried to take a look, couldn't see anything out of place. Pulled forward a bit to get it to a spot a truck could latch on to it, and it was squealing with a little grinding type sound. Not good at all.

Definitely the front driver's side.

The tow & repair will be covered by the warranty, so that's something anyway. (I put the tune back, even though it has nothing to do with the brakes. I figured at least this way they won't notice and make note of it in their system)

It's a bummer all around, but I guess the bright side is it's the motivation I've needed, so I got my jeep out of storage. Man is that thing a beast. After driving a v6 mustang for a while, that thing is wild. Drifts around, jumpy, bouncy ride, completely weird shifting. But still lights up the tires when I want it to (two or four!)

- Tony

Thank goodness for a waranty! Let us know what happened.

Man - you scared me!

I thought much worse had happened.

They'll fix what broke.

You're okay.

Things will be good, once again!

(like the Bassani reference!)

I went to a Vette show today and got several comments on the Bassanis - matter of fact, one guy is buying some for his Vette.

So here I sit, waiting on a tow truck (typing on my blackberry). I was doing about 50-55 when my brakes started squealing. Sounds nasty.

I've flashed it back to stock, and they'll be towing it to where I bought it to get looked at.

Fun.

Happened on the first "fun" drive of the year with my wife.

This sucks.

- Tony

Dude

that really bites

I'm trying not to let it get to me. It's going to be covered under warranty.

Ford will take care of it.

And it should just be a few days without my car.

At least I have another vehicle to drive while they have it, too. (Though it sucks down premium gas like nothing else)

- Tony

Got my car back, saw the rock (pebble).

Everything seems fine, they say the rotor wasn't damaged. I'll likely have the rotor double checked, and if it was damaged I'll look into the upgrade to GT front brakes (saleen takeoff's for $90)

- Tony

I had something similar happen to me once in my F150. My friend and I were out quail hunting and were doing a lot of driving on dirt roads. All of a sudden by brakes started squealing pretty bad. I got to thinking I was in need of a brake job, but my friend, who is a Ford dealer, said not to worry, it was probably just a rock stuck in the brakes. Sure enough by the time we got back to town the squealing was gone, and a quick check of the rotors saw no damage.

Archived