TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 Shelby GT Northern California Editions

07SGTC

Any pictures of the extra rear deck stripes? Didn't know that was a NorCal edition factory option?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the OP meant that his car had "extra," or replacement stripes that were in the trunk.

With the way that people bump into things, that would've been nice no matter what the model!!

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the OP meant that his car had "extra," or replacement stripes that were in the trunk.

With the way that people bump into things, that would've been nice no matter what the model!!

Correct. NorCal edition cars did not come with "extra rear deck stripes" as part of the package.

It sounds like maybe the particular car happened to have them.

Correct. NorCal edition cars did not come with "extra rear deck stripes" as part of the package.

It sounds like maybe the particular car happened to have them.

Yes.

There was an extra set, in the box, in the trunk... (still have them)

Yes.

There was an extra set, in the box, in the trunk... (still have them)

Really??

Are they mentioned anywhere in the literature?

I bought mine new in San Rafael, CA. 15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge. But it didn't have them in the trunk. If my stealership was still in business, I'd go back and ask.

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify NO Shelby GT's came from Shelby American with an "extra set" of stripes in the trunk. Either a previous owner put the stripes in the trunk or if they were found in the trunk when the car was new I would have to guess that the dealership had a SGT with damaged stripes and after repairing the car the dealership put the unused portion of a full stripe kit in the trunk.

The original stripe supplier who was also the installer of the stripes at SAI installed the stripes from a bulk supply of non-boxed stripes. Somewhere there are SAI assembly line photos showing the stacks of stripes sitting on a cart or table in the striping area at Shelby.

Boxed stripes were only used for Scott Drake and then SAI owned SPP.

Steve

Archived