TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 Shelby GT Northern California Editions

07SGTC

How many out there have a 07 Shelby GT Northern California Edition? With the Gauge Pod and California Sill Plates.

Supposed to be 200 made have heard as many as 202.

Mine is SGT 4939

Chime in if you have one of the few Northern California Editions.

07SGT5123 here. Black manual

FWIW, they are "just" 2007 Shelby GT-California... (according to my window sticker)

No official "NorCal designation.

Correct. But because of the confusion between the Shelby GT- California Edition and the Shelby GT-C Edition its been easier to call the 2007 cars, NorCal cars.

Steve

I have SGT 5221 white on black 5 spd. Our unique cars, the "Shelby-GT California", were sold only in the Northern California area. I live in So Cal and bougt mine in Fresno. There were approx 200 built. I think it would be interesting to know though, how many cars have the correct door sill plate? I am sure there are plenty unclaimed!

I have SGT 5221 white on black 5 spd. Our unique cars, the "Shelby-GT California", were sold only in the Northern California area. I live in So Cal and bougt mine in Fresno. There were approx 200 built. I think it would be interesting to know though, how many cars have the correct door sill plate? I am sure there are plenty unclaimed!

At the most I would say under 40 cars have the correct sill plates.

Steve

I too have the correct Sill Plates that SAI was kind enough to send.

If there are only fourty thought of to have the correct SIll plates the number would be lower due to one I know of that was totalled.

The owner had the sill plates and had never installed them.

I was lucky enough to get them from him to have a second set just in case one of mine was to get scratched.

Mine is Black with manual transmission,grey interior and the upgraded interior package.

Steve was kind enough to let us know how many at 202 and the breakdown of color. It would be great to know the break down further on transmissions, color of Interiors and if they had to have the upgraded Interior package or not. It also looks like they were not done in consecutive numbers?

One other thing how many have not made it this far and how many are left of the 07 Shelby GT California models. (Nor Cal Editions)

Can you help us with this Steve?

I've got the correct sill plate, and I hope every TS member who has one has gotten theirs. Mine started in Hollister,

first owner out of San Diego, and I shipped out to MA. Black with MT. Any others out east?

-Tom

Shipped mine back to the east coast as well, central NJ. Flew out to Salinas, CA, near Laguna Seca to check out the car. No better place for a test drive with all the hilly, winding roads. Felt like I was on the race track!

• 2 weeks later...

Shipped mine back to the east coast as well, central NJ. Flew out to Salinas, CA, near Laguna Seca to check out the car. No better place for a test drive with all the hilly, winding roads. Felt like I was on the race track!

Cool... I'll have to look for you at NE TS events.

-Tom

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Mine is #4765. White/Gray/5Spd.

I'm the original owner and it's been my DD since the day I bought it in September of 2007.

I bought it at the local Ford Dealer (Marin Ford) in San Rafael. It's about 15 minutes north of San Francisco across the GG bridge.

What's interesting is the paper work I received with the car. I was presented with 2 different Shelby GT window stickers. One showed it as a standard Shelby GT and the second has it as the SGT California. Both documents have the correct VIN and CSM number. The car came with the gauge pod and I installed the correct sill plates.

Anybody else have these 2 for their cars?

Unfortunately, the dealer went belly up a few years ago, otherwise I'd ask them.

I have CSM #4755 .

White exterior, 5 speed manual transmission, correct door sill plates, fully converted to a SCCA certified competition road race model - competing in the San Francisco Region of the SCCA. Originally sold @ Walnut Creek Ford and currently sponsored by Shelby Performance Parts. Garaged in Hollister, California and raced at Laguna Seca Raceway, Sonoma Raceway, and Thunderhill Raceway Park.

Correct. But because of the confusion between the Shelby GT- California Edition and the Shelby GT-C Edition its been easier to call the 2007 cars, NorCal cars.

Steve

What's the difference? The "Shelby GT-C Edition" (GT-C) is the grabber orange car, right? What is unique about the "Shelby GT - California Edition" (NorCal)? Is it just a "Shelby GT" that was sold in Northern California and has unique sill plates (that only a handful of buyers picked up from Shelby American)?

Well it is true that the gauge pod makes it a California Edition along with the different sill plates.

Anyway you look at it, they are unique in the fact that only 202 of them came this way and even less still exist!

there are 6 Norcals on the black list

4939/5/iup grey

4978/5/iup blk

5020/5/iup blk

5123/5/grey

only 106 more for the list

COOL!

Thanks

GOD Bless

Jim & Judy

post-35543-0-86920300-1418303942_thumb.jpg

never mind, i found it... seriously, the optional Shelby gauge cluster makes it a "special edition"? ridiculous.

41733d1179254838-limited-edition-norther

It was done as a marketing plan to get dealers to buy up remaining inventory. Notice the dates here on the form sent to dealers shown and the fact that the California Edition cars have higher numbers on their CSM #s. This was going on at the begining of the economy downturn and the 2008 MY vehicles were coming out in different colors along with a convertible model of the Shelby GT.

Mine is #4765. White/Gray/5Spd.

Anybody else have these 2 for their cars?

I have both also. There were also extra stripes for the rear deck and bumper in the trunk!

I have SGT5011 white/black/5spd/iup/guage pod. Not sure if I have the correct door stills.

Here's the correct ones...

SGT-Cplate.jpg

• 8 months later...

Archived