TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Real Shelby or Clone/Fake

2007_Shelby_GT

A little help from a registrar or someone with access to THE database!

VIN# 1ZVHT82H995103989

Comes back as a Mustang GT, but then the Shelby GT does that...

Owner claims he bought it as a Shelby but I have my doubts! (Seen some dealers pull a "lookalike" or "Shelby Package" routine)

Sam

A little help from a registrar or someone with access to THE database!

VIN# 1ZVHT82H995103989

Comes back as a Mustang GT, but then the Shelby GT does that...

Owner claims he bought it as a Shelby but I have my doubts! (Seen some dealers pull a "lookalike" or "Shelby Package" routine)

Sam

That VIN number comes back to a 2009 Mustang GT. If the car has Shelby parts on it, we would have to consider it an owner modified car.

Steve

That VIN number comes back to a 2009 Mustang GT. If the car has Shelby parts on it, we would have to consider it an owner modified car.

Steve

I was about 90% certain that was the case - interesting that the owner stated he purchased it from the dealer as a "Shelby". It is a very nice car with quality suspension, engine work, paint, accessories, etc and definitely some dollars were dropped into it, but "it ain't a Shelby"!

Thanks Steve!

Sam

Steve

So, your saying that, THAT Mustang GT was NOT converted into a Shelby GT at SAI since ALL Shelby GT's have a Mustang GT VIN#? Did you check the Registry for that VIN#?

So, your saying that, THAT Mustang GT was NOT converted into a Shelby GT at SAI since ALL Shelby GT's have a Mustang GT VIN#? Did you check the Registry for that VIN#?

I think Steve's statement is pretty definitive. It is not in the list of VINS that was of the Shelby GT list, or to the NOT part of the universe, there is not a 07SGT#### assigned to this VIN.

Steve's word is pretty much bond... On top of the fact that as far as I know there were no 2009 model Shelby GT's...

Anton

There you go. If the VIN is a 2009 MY car, it's not a Shelby GT. I looked back and didn't even see that.

In other words.... MASSIVE FAIL.

Steve

Like Steve said, the vin states its a 2009...there endith the story...SGT's final year was 2008!

VIN Decoder sez

VIN Results New Search VIN: 1ZVHT82H995103989

World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions VIN Code: 1ZV Assembly Country: United States Make: Ford Body Style: Coupe Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position VIN Code: H Brake System: Standard GVWR Class: Restraint: Dual Air Bags Front Head and Sides/Active Belts Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions VIN Code: T82 Vehicle Line: Mustang Series: GT Vehicle Type: Passenger Car Engine Type - 8th Position VIN Code: H Engine: 4.6 L Cylinders: 8 Fuel: Gasoline Engine Manufacturer: FORD Model Year - 10th Position VIN Code: 9 Model Year: 2009 Assembly Plant - 11th Position VIN Code: 5 Assembly Plant: FLAT ROCK, MICHIGAN Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th VIN Code: 103989 Prod Sequence Number 103989 Additional Information Wheel Axles Wheelbase 214.2

New Search spacer.gifspacer.gif

customerlogin_title.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Web User ID: Password: btn_login.gif Forgot Your Password? myfleetlinks_bottom.gifrelatedlinks_startwhite.gifspacer.gifrelatedLinks_titles-left-top.gif Related Links relatedLinks_titles-left-bot.gifright-col_bullet.gifTowing Guides spacer.gifrelatedlinks_endwhite.gif

It was the 2009 model that clinched it.

The truth is though, it IS a beautiful car, he must have really dropped some serious coin on it, (or somebody did): Alcoa wheels, Cervini GT 500 style hood, GT 500 front fascia, cutom paint and painted stripes, all of the Ford Racing suspension pieces, tastefully done exterior bling with just a few Cobras. The interior is a bit overdone, but it does have the Shelby gauge pod. For me, the let downs are under the hood with a Magna Charger, aftermarket shock tower brace, and some dinky looking chrome pieces, mixed in with Shelby GT coolant, oil, power steering caps and what not.

Hated to break his heart, but it had to be done!

Sam

Hated to break his heart, but it had to be done!

Another heart was broken yesterday when I had to give the new owner the news that he did not own a 2006 Shelby GT350H but rather an owner modified 2006 Ford Mustang GT. If he had only called us before he wrote the check.

http://carsforsale-usa.com/cars_for_sale/14076/2006%20Ford%20Mustang.html

Steve

VIN Decoder sez

VIN Results New Search VIN: 1ZVHT82H995103989

World Manufacturer Identifier - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Positions VIN Code: 1ZV Assembly Country: United States Make: Ford Body Style: Coupe Restraint System Type (Passenger Cars) or Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks and Vans) - 4th Position VIN Code: H Brake System: Standard GVWR Class: Restraint: Dual Air Bags Front Head and Sides/Active Belts Line,Series Body Type - 5th, 6th, 7th Positions VIN Code: T82 Vehicle Line: Mustang Series: GT Vehicle Type: Passenger Car Engine Type - 8th Position VIN Code: H Engine: 4.6 L Cylinders: 8 Fuel: Gasoline Engine Manufacturer: FORD Model Year - 10th Position VIN Code: 9 Model Year: 2009 Assembly Plant - 11th Position VIN Code: 5 Assembly Plant: FLAT ROCK, MICHIGAN Production Sequence Number - 12th - 17th VIN Code: 103989 Prod Sequence Number 103989 Additional Information Wheel Axles Wheelbase 214.2

New Search spacer.gifspacer.gif

customerlogin_title.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Web User ID: Password: btn_login.gif Towing Guides spacer.gifrelatedlinks_endwhite.gif

,,,,Can you please tell me what is the ( X-code ) for in my 2007 GT/CS Mustang GT ,,and YES it was a special ordered car ,,I had it built / made ,, ? would that be it ,,thanks ,,here is the VIn numbers # 1ZVFT82HX75365265,,,,and you can say is a " owner modified car " ,,002410-R1-08-17A.jpg,with lots of Shelby parts on it ,,not saying its a clone ,,just my own little crazy thing going on with it ,,,,thanks .

002410-R1-08-17A.jpg

,,,,Can you please tell me what is the ( X-code ) for in my 2007 GT/CS Mustang GT ,,and YES it was a special ordered car ,,I had it built / made ,, ? would that be it ,,thanks ,,here is the VIn numbers # 1ZVFT82HX75365265,,,,and you can say is a " owner modified car " ,,002410-R1-08-17A.jpg,with lots of Shelby parts on it ,,not saying its a clone ,,just my own little crazy thing going on with it ,,,,thanks .

,,Here is the Ford paper on it .,,, :camera: ,,,,2007 GTCS 001.jpg,, B) .

002410-R1-08-17A.jpg

2007 GTCS 001.jpg

That is a check digit for VIN verification. The check digit will be a number from 1 to 9 or it could be a 0 (zero) or an X like in your case.

A check digit is a way to verify a VIN number, below is a link to Wiki that will explain check digits better than I can.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/Check_digit

Steve

Some VIN resources:

Everything you want to know about the format (click through the years)

http://mustangattitu...07&f1=vinmatrix

VIN to a sticker:

http://services.ford...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So in the above, (right click copy the link, paste into a browser window, and change "X" to the actual vin) if the question was if the car was an SGT (and was a 2007 or 2008) you could look for the "GT Upfitters Package" which is clue #1 that the car was designated to become an SGT.

Archived