TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby oil separator

jnf

Finalized some details to place the manufacturing order for these today, it's going to be a great product you'll all be proud to own.

Details and pix ASAP.

Jer

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: ,,Yayy ! ,,,can't wait ,,,,looks like it will be a good " Christmas " after all ,,,, or will it Jer :unsure: ,,,is there anyways you can give us all a price yet ? maybe ,,, anyways Thanks for all your time / work on this item . :salute:

Delivery by Christmas will be sketchy, I can't promise that.

As for pricing, we're finalizing now.

The way these kits are going to be offered is different from anyone else, you'll see what I mean soon.

Thanks,

Jer

Gonna be a very cool item, I promise. Classy, effective, and simple. We tested it over 1000 miles, it works. No cheap plastic crap. And the way we'll offer it should make everyone happy.

Jer

Gonna be a very cool item, I promise. Classy, effective, and simple. We tested it over 1000 miles, it works. No cheap plastic crap. And the way we'll offer it should make everyone happy.

Jer

I heard through the grapevine that the "classy" part of the unit is that it will have a picture of Jer on the top cap!! :hysterical2:

They will fly off the shelf!

In all seriousness, I'd love to see a complete kit with mounting bracket, hoses, and attaching hardware...and for those who already have a unit and want to upgrade, an option to just buy the unit would be awesome.

Just my $0.02, but I bet Jer is 10 yards further down the field than I am....wait, wrong context, he is 2 laps ahead of me on the track!

Andy.

Jer

1000 mile test, eh? I bet someone hated coming in to work that day!

I heard through the grapevine that the "classy" part of the unit is that it will have a picture of Jer on the top cap!! :hysterical2:

They will fly off the shelf!

In all seriousness, I'd love to see a complete kit with mounting bracket, hoses, and attaching hardware...and for those who already have a unit and want to upgrade, an option to just buy the unit would be awesome.

Just my $0.02, but I bet Jer is 10 yards further down the field than I am....wait, wrong context, he is 2 laps ahead of me on the track!

Andy.

Yeah, I'm no football fan, thanks for the adjustment! LOL

And, yes, it will be modular, sold "ala carte" and really easy to buy the right pieces, no matter what each person needs. You are on the right track (and I'm glad I read your mind and designed the kits that way)!

Jer

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not gonna lie......I check back to this topic daily hoping to see pics and prices. This is worse than waiting for Christmas when I was 8.

LOL... well, I hope you like what we've done. I'm pretty sure you'll agree it was worth the wait. I'll post pix as soon as they're ready.

Jer

Jer,

Do you have an ETA, my car arrives sometime in Jan and it's going to get an oil separator, question is, is it going to be your's or someone else's?

I expect a January ETA, later in the month. They are being manufactured now.

Jer

Finalized some details to place the manufacturing order for these today, it's going to be a great product you'll all be proud to own.

Details and pix ASAP.

Jer

Thought we were going to have Pics ASAP? How long is ASAP?

They are being manufactured now, and I should have them in my hands by the end of January. Then, I'll take a picture of them and post them up for sale.

Yes, it really can take this long to make a new product.

Remember, I scrapped the old design and started fresh, so we had to go back to the drawing board. Sorry!

Jer

They are being manufactured now, and I should have them in my hands by the end of January. Then, I'll take a picture of them and post them up for sale.

Yes, it really can take this long to make a new product.

Remember, I scrapped the old design and started fresh, so we had to go back to the drawing board. Sorry!

Jer

Can you advise us what the filtering media is? Merry Christmas Jer.

And the way we'll offer it should make everyone happy.

Jer

Your going to take the JLT product in as a trade??. I could sell my JLT's as NOS because there has never been any oil in them. LOL. I look forward to buying a product that I can feel confident it really works.

Can you advise us what the filtering media is? Merry Christmas Jer.

Gravity. A common misconception is that there needs to be steel wool, etc, in the line. We modeled the airflow in CAD and tested it on a car for 1000+ miles, and found that the "filter" aspect of other oil separators was nothing more than marketing hype. An inline chamber that was properly designed for airflow and evaporative effect collected oil like crazy.

Sorry, almost forgot: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jer

Gravity. A common misconception is that there needs to be steel wool, etc, in the line. We modeled the airflow in CAD and tested it on a car for 1000+ miles, and found that the "filter" aspect of other oil separators was nothing more than marketing hype. An inline chamber that was properly designed for airflow and evaporative effect collected oil like crazy.

Jer

That sounds really interesting. Can't wait to see it. Based on your testing are you recommending 2 units or just one?

That sounds really interesting. Can't wait to see it. Based on your testing are you recommending 2 units or just one?

4.6 and 5.4/5.8 engines each have one side that collects a lot, one, not so much. It's just all about how picky you want to be!

(Or I could say, "Take two, they're small"!)

The install is REALLY easy, we've tailored the kits and separators to fit perfectly, total install time for both sides, under 10 minutes (including a cold drink break).

Jer

Archived