TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Route 66 tour being worked on now!

sportscars

Being one of the VERY lucky few that did SRE 2012.........I know first hand the fantastic job Sean does with running events. The Route 66 participants are in for a wonderful time full of cool cars, fun people and great memories that will last a life time.

+1000000

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest markham51

Okay, we are still working on this! Tentative dates (99% sure) will be July 31 through August 7. We will start with a group dinner in Santa Monica at Bubba Gump's on Tuesday July 30 and start driving on July 31st! Most days will be about 5 hours of driving but we will have two long driving days, the first and last day of the tour.

Still waiting for a few hotels and resturants to get back to me on group pricing.

Awesome. We are in...will be driving both ways. We will be headed to LA from Winnipeg via Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone and Yosemite. Plan to take our time (ha!) A bucket list trip for certain. Maybe time for a nip over to Vegas while in LA depending on how the wife holds out with the long drive. Taking the red convert. This is going to be MAJOR fun!

Mark and Annette

Being one of the VERY lucky few that did SRE 2012.........I know first hand the fantastic job Sean does with running events. The Route 66 participants are in for a wonderful time full of cool cars, fun people and great memories that will last a life time.

+1000000

:wub::wub2::salute::worship::hysterical2:

Awesome. We are in...will be driving both ways. We will be headed to LA from Winnipeg via Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone and Yosemite. Plan to take our time (ha!) A bucket list trip for certain. Maybe time for a nip over to Vegas while in LA depending on how the wife holds out with the long drive. Taking the red convert. This is going to be MAJOR fun!

Mark and Annette

What a fantastic trip you have planned Mark................pics, pics an more pics are going to be needed.

Guest markham51

What a fantastic trip you have planned Mark................pics, pics an more pics are going to be needed.

Will do. I'm big on pics. I can't wait until July.

Should have pricing details no later than Monday.

Trip is all inclusive (hotels and meals) with a good mix of nice diners and old school Route 66 type drive ins (burger type meals). The last night in Chicago will be fabulous!

More details in the next few days!!!

Reminder, if you are on Facebook you can "like" our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Route66Bash

Is it possible to jump in halfway for part of the trip? I'm closer to the eastern side of the trip and really can't afford or take the time off to go to CA and then back, but I could go from say OK into Chicago. Thanks

Any update?

My wife was supposed to double check my numbers but for some reason she is in Vegas drinking margaritas with a bunch of Shelby people :censored::redcard: while I'm at home being a single dad! :runaway::confused:

I leave for Texas Mile tomorrow so it will be next Monday or Tuesday before I get anything finalized. :banghead:

Sorry....

My wife was supposed to double check my numbers but for some reason she is in Vegas drinking margaritas with a bunch of Shelby people :censored::redcard: while I'm at home being a single dad! :runaway::confused:

I leave for Texas Mile tomorrow so it will be next Monday or Tuesday before I get anything finalized. :banghead:

Sorry....

Don't get stress out, I'm just glade that you are organizing the trip. I will wait. Enjoy the Texas Mile

• 2 weeks later...

I do some work for Gateway Classic Mustang in Bourbon MO which is right along I44 (old Rte 66).

If this event starts to come together, stay in touch with me and we can coordinate a visit as everyone passes though.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay the event has been finalized!!! Registration is open and can be found here. Event includes all hotels and most meals (lunches and dinners and most breakfasts).

Price is $2650 for a single and $3250 for a double. Space is limited to 25 cars maximum. There is a discount for SVTOA members.

Off to the Texas Raptor Run in the morning (102 Raptors!) while the wife will be at the MCA national show in Beaumont all weekend. I'll be back on Mon or Tues to answer and questions.

Guest markham51

Which car are you bringing???

Im bringing the red GT500 convert w Evo tune. just love the top down feel on a road trip....

Not going to be able to do this event but any idea when the tour will be heading into Flagstaff? Would love to be able to at least meet some people and see the beautiful cars.

We should arrive in Flagstaff on July 31st. Would love to have anyone and everyone come out and see us!

I would so do this if you were starting in Chicago and driving to CA.

It's the same distance no matter which way you drive it.

Hi Sean!!

Alex

Morning Alex! How are things in Palm Springs? It would be nice to have a new SBY Boss on the trip!

Archived