TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Lowering Springs - M-5300-L

Madlock

Ford seems to have come-up with a set of lowering springs that's compatible with the 2013's SVT Performance and Track Packs and lowers cars by 1.25".

To install these, will I also need (or should I also install) a bump steer kit to ensure the front suspension rotational moment stays true?

• 1 month later...

Ford seems to have come-up with a set of lowering springs that's compatible with the 2013's SVT Performance and Track Packs and lowers cars by 1.25".

To install these, will I also need (or should I also install) a bump steer kit to ensure the front suspension rotational moment stays true?

Give me a few weeks and I'll be able to answer this question for you.

The 2013 GT500 Super Snake prototype is using these springs and I believe isn't having to use a bump steer kit from the pictures I've seen. SA is using there Caster/Camber Kit though on this car, but I don't think it is necessary from my research thus far.

Understood. What are the part numbers you used? Have you installed these yet? Some folks are saying only go with Eibach prokit.

Well, Ford Racing's sway bar kits are made by Eibach, Isn't the Pro Kit meant for V6/GT?

The parts go in this week - L springs and the B sway bar kit from the FR-3 back for GT500. I'd prefer to go with what SVT and Ford Racing has approved - especially with the additional confidence that it will actually provide a tangible improvement without requiring a bump steer or other mods to compensate for unintended consequences.

The FR-3 pack is pretty-much considered to be the gold standard. The only difference for '13 is that cars with the SVTPP's dual-mode dampers forgo the individual dial-a-ride jobbies. Would love to see somebody in the aftermarket make a compatible dual-mode unit to offer an even-more compliant road ride and even-firmer track setup. I'm actually looking into retrofitting my '12 with the Bilsteins if I can get the wiring and various control modules to integrate.

I suggest you find out the diamaters for the FRPP bars. I think they are what comes on the car to begin with for the performance pack option. I was even debating getting the boss leguna seca sway bars because they are even thicker. At 26mm and 36mm.

The pro kit is not just ment for v6s/gt. They have a kit for the shelby. Don't think ford racing is the gold standard. Remember when it comes to sway bars and springs Eibach is usually always number 1.

Update: Just called ford racing and they said these sway bars won't do shit on our cars. Thats why they don't list them as 10-13 only 10-12. http://www.fordracin...rtKeyField=9894

The guy did not have much other info. But he said the springs work given how they lower the car and work with the adjustable suspension. But again I rather go with eibach just because it only lowers 1 inch instead of 1.25. Plus eibach will get rid of that dumb rake.

Update 2: I'm checking again with someone else please hold. I am sending the guy an email to send to the engineers to see which one of these are best or equivalent.

Update 3: The springs are actually made by eibach. The sway bars are not. It was some company I never heard before.

I suggest you find out the diamaters for the FRPP bars. I think they are what comes on the car to begin with for the performance pack option. I was even debating getting the boss leguna seca sway bars because they are even thicker. At 26mm and 36mm.

The pro kit is not just ment for v6s/gt. They have a kit for the shelby. Don't think ford racing is the gold standard. Remember when it comes to sway bars and springs Eibach is usually always number 1.

Yes all this is interesting. Recently spoke to BMR and they say the opposite about Eibach. Mainly after 3-4 years thier spricgs sag? Also said in his oppinion there is not a good spring rate for the 13 yet but they are woking on it. They say 165 rate is too soft and you need something around 180. Plus he said shocks, struts, and sway bars should be upgraded. This is overwhleming though.

Update: Just called ford racing and they said these sway bars won't do shit on our cars. Thats why they don't list them as 10-13 only 10-12. http://www.fordracin...rtKeyField=9894

The guy did not have much other info. But he said the springs work given how they lower the car and work with the adjustable suspension. But again I rather go with eibach just because it only lowers 1 inch instead of 1.25. Plus eibach will get rid of that dumb rake.

Oh and when I talked to Eibach they told me they have a Prokit for a 12 but no testing to date for a 13 so he did not know what would happen!

Oh and when I talked to Eibach they told me they have a Prokit for a 12 but no testing to date for a 13 so he did not know what would happen!

yes I am looking to get rid of the rake and try to maintain a half way decent ride. Also want the money for other mods in the future and not have to revamp the entire suspension.

Well John Lund has the eibach pro and it works fine. BMR says a lot of BS because they say they have the hour glass thing or some crap like that but ride quality is horrible. Besides who cares if eibach springs sag even if that were true. You have a million mile warranty. If that happens you get another one. If that happened often they wouldn't offer essentially a lifetime warranty.

And if you see my update from above. The ford racing springs are made by eibach as well.

Well John Lund has the eibach pro and it works fine. BMR says a lot of BS because they say they have the hour glass thing or some crap like that but ride quality is horrible. Besides who cares if eibach springs sag even if that were true. You have a million mile warranty. If that happens you get another one. If that happened often they wouldn't offer essentially a lifetime warranty.

And if you see my update from above. The ford racing springs are made by eibach as well.

True! Everyone has their own oppinion and wnat to sell stuff. I don't mind that as long as I get the right stuff.

True! Everyone has their own oppinion and wnat to sell stuff. I don't mind that as long as I get the right stuff.

Thats the problem. Everyone wants to sell their own shit. Thats why it's hard to truly get an idea of what is best

Since ford racing/eibach and eibach are springs from the same company essentially I guess what it comes down to is do you want a 1.25 inch drop or a 1 inch drop? Though I'm waiting to hear back from the FR engineers. Also about the sway bars.

Thats the problem. Everyone wants to sell their own shit. Thats why it's hard to truly get an idea of what is best

Since ford racing/eibach and eibach are springs from the same company essentially I guess what it comes down to is do you want a 1.25 inch drop or a 1 inch drop? Though I'm waiting to hear back from the FR engineers. Also about the sway bars.

So FR is 1.25 and no panhard bar needed or do you and Eibach is 1.0 drop and no panhard bar?

It's not just about how much "drop", but from what height is being used as a reference since the Performance Package already has lower springs and higher rates than the baseline car. And at least according to what I was told by Ford Racing, the sway bars do differ between the OE '13 parts and the 5490-B.

I wouldn't put a tremendous amount of stock in how quickly the item descriptions are updated to add another model year. By the same standard, This FRPP link is just as unequivocal to the contrary.

So FR is 1.25 and no panhard bar needed or do you and Eibach is 1.0 drop and no panhard bar?

It's not just about how much "drop", but from what height is being used as a reference since the Performance Package already has lower springs and higher rates than the baseline car. And at least according to what I was told by Ford Racing, the sway bars do differ between the OE '13 parts and the 5490-B.

I wouldn't put a tremendous amount of stock in how quickly the item descriptions are updated to add another model year. By the same standard, This FRPP link is just as unequivocal to the contrary.

Yes you are right the sway bars are different. But I am waiting from the ford racing engineers if these sway bars are in fact better than the 13. And I already mentioned the spring advertised rate is different. Though on a 13 gt500 someone did get a 1.25 drop even with the SVTPP so I don't know what to say about that one. The difference between pp and not pp is about half an inch.

The ford racing springs according to them are 15% stiffer than the OEM ones.

Can I also ask from your mods what is your rear camera setup and what is front splitter curb alert?

My rear camera set up is by nav-tv. Thats the lockpick that uses the OEM interface so it works exactly like the OEM ford camera does. My actual camer is attached to a license plate full of infared lights around it for night time which I also got from nav-tv. It takes about an hour to install maybe hour and half tops. Its super easy to do.

The front splitter curb alert is sold by americanmuscle. It essentially attaches anywhere you can find a place for me I did it on the back of the OEM splitter. Or on a 13 you could even put it inside the lower grill since everything is open. It bolts on, no drilling or anything like that needed. You can set it to make a noise from 7-14 inches. Basically when your splitter reaches the distance from any object whether its from above,below, or ahead it will beep 3 times to tell you to stop. That way you never will mess up your splitter.And the wiring can be attached to the battery or the 12v in the car. I used the thing in the car for a more OEM look.

And the best part is neither of these can void your warranty in any way.

Unless, for some inexplicable reason a person has removed it, why would any car NOT have the Panhard bar it came with?

You need an "adjustable" panhard bar. Lowering it pushes the rear end out to the side if you don't shorten the rod. Stock is non adjustable.

My rear camera set up is by nav-tv. Thats the lockpick that uses the OEM interface so it works exactly like the OEM ford camera does. My actual camer is attached to a license plate full of infared lights around it for night time which I also got from nav-tv. It takes about an hour to install maybe hour and half tops. Its super easy to do.

The front splitter curb alert is sold by americanmuscle. It essentially attaches anywhere you can find a place for me I did it on the back of the OEM splitter. Or on a 13 you could even put it inside the lower grill since everything is open. It bolts on, no drilling or anything like that needed. You can set it to make a noise from 7-14 inches. Basically when your splitter reaches the distance from any object whether its from above,below, or ahead it will beep 3 times to tell you to stop. That way you never will mess up your splitter.And the wiring can be attached to the battery or the 12v in the car. I used the thing in the car for a more OEM look.

And the best part is neither of these can void your warranty in any way.

Thanks, just search nav-tv? understand american muscle.

Coastal electronics is a ghetto manufactuer and their shit can fry and destroy you entire interface. It's happen many times before with their products. Also nav-tv has much better customer service and has been doing this for longer. Again yes its twice the price but its also twice the quality.

Believe me I didn't want to pay that much for this either.

I got a discount on my nav-tv set up. I think the retail is like 400 and I paid around 320. Coastal electronics is around 250 I believe now. So actually its not so bad. And you get twice the quality.

Coastal electronics is a ghetto manufactuer and their shit can fry and destroy you entire interface. It's happen many times before with their products. Also nav-tv has much better customer service and has been doing this for longer. Again yes its twice the price but its also twice the quality.

Believe me I didn't want to pay that much for this either.

I got a discount on my nav-tv set up. I think the retail is like 400 and I paid around 320. Coastal electronics is around 250 I believe now. So actually its not so bad. And you get twice the quality.

Odd. The SYNC Lockpicks I bought when Coastal was the only game in town always seemed decently made and functioned perfectly - just as PnP as advertised.

It's a rather narrow market to support two unique hardware designs. I'd be surprised if they didn't come off the same dock in Shenzen.

Archived