TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Greetings from the North

Ratven

Hello everyone, friendly hello from Toronto! I've had my car for almost 3 years now, but for some reason never really got involved in the community. I figure it's about time to rectify that.

Here's a few pictures of her as she stands now, though I'm really thinking I want to re-stripe her with 'gotta have it green' or grabber blue stripes. I'm not sure where to look as I don't believe Ford offers those stripe kits for the GT500.

324707_10100615533118772_28118228_63134151_3819395_o.jpg

shelbyresized.jpg

Ratven,

Welcome to Team Shelby! Great looking 2010. Love the all black theme...

Have you thought about anodized Tiffany snakes?

I have, but one of the reasons I'm thinking about re-striping to a different color is that I'm not crazy about the all black murdered out/stealth look. It's a slippery slope from anodized snakes to tinting the tail lights, fog lights and headlights and that's not a look I think I'd be happy with :D

Welcome, nice car, I like your idea of the gotta green stripe it would really set your car apart from the others. I think you will have to paint the stripe on but from what I have heard on this forum those who have painted the stripe on really are happy with it.

Welcome, There are quite a few of us from the Toronto area that arrange various events

Have a look at the Canadian forum where we are planning a cruise to Halifax next year

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/75766-shelbys-across-canada-dearborn-to-halifax-ns/

Welcome, There are quite a few of us from the Toronto area that arrange various events

Have a look at the Canadian forum where we are planning a cruise to Halifax next year

http://www.teamshelb...-to-halifax-ns/

Thanks! I actually stumbled on that thread, it's what inspired me to join the forum. I'm totally in for the cruise next year.

Welcome! We have a 2012 black stripe delete as well. Put some silver rocker stripes and silver pit strips on as well as some chrome accents. Really like that look and nothing we can't remove if we tire of it. Chrome on the mirrors, door handles, tail lights and quarter lights accents. I will post pics in a couple of weeks or as soon as I can figure out how to do it! Whole idea is to customize it how YOU like it and make it your own!

:yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Toronto? I thought you said you were from the North? :) I'm not a real fan of the GHIG cars, but would think the stripes would look amazing on your car. I would look to the aftermarket. Lots of guys making good 3M stripe kits for the S197 cars. Easy to install with a hair dryer, razor blade, and a squeegee (guy that I buy stripes from sends one with the kit). I bet even if they don't have a kit, if you contact some of them, they can probably make one for you, assuming 3M makes the material in anything close to that color.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link Snoopy, I've checked with a local vinyl shop. They say that making the stripes would not be a problem at all, unfortunately 3M doesn't offer anything similar to GHIG... I can get another film in a similar color but it is not car-specific and I'm hesitant to put lower quality vinyl on the car. Might just hold out till spring and get it painted along with a Super Snake hood.

Took some new pics today:

IMG_4040copycopy.jpg

IMG_4034copycopy.jpg

IMG_4024copycopy.jpg

Archived