TEAM SHELBY FORUM

need info from ss owners with upgraded mats

Posted this in the 2010-12 section but since mostly SS owners have these mats I probably should have posted here

What floor mats do you guys upgrade to? I know lloyd has the luxe mats that I can customize and such but has anyone used the ones sold by shelby? The custom ones. I think those are the ones they put on super snakes. Just wondering because to get the mats from shelby would be around 260 and lloyd 400 dollars since I'm getting a trunk mat too. Apparently the luxe ones are so heavy they even dampen road noise.

Any input would be great.

My SS mats are pretty heavy, not sure which ones they are though. I'm assuming they are the luxe type. They're very nice.

SS mats aren't made by lloyd it was some other company that shelby told me. Same company that makes their premium mats

Posted this in the 2010-12 section but since mostly SS owners have these mats I probably should have posted here

What floor mats do you guys upgrade to? I know lloyd has the luxe mats that I can customize and such but has anyone used the ones sold by shelby? The custom ones. I think those are the ones they put on super snakes. Just wondering because to get the mats from shelby would be around 260 and lloyd 400 dollars since I'm getting a trunk mat too. Apparently the luxe ones are so heavy they even dampen road noise.

Any input would be great.

I use my OEM (plain mats) over the top of my Super Snake mats for under my feet when driving, and stick them in the trunk during cars shows. Double thick mats will dampen noise for sure. I also purchased the SPP rear floor mats to protect the rear carpet, also a small amount of noise dampening. I have the set of SPP Super Snake mats (which are not like the "Super Snake build" mats). I have the SPP trunk mat laying over the Super Snake build trunk mat.

Like I said, I double mine up, but it is more for protection of the mat below and not so much to dampen noise.

Here is a link to a Super Snake mat discussion. The first post shows the "build" mats vs. the SPP mats. Post #17 brings a 3rd Super Snake mat variation into the discussion............

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

R

I use my OEM (plain mats) over the top of my Super Snake mats for under my feet when driving, and stick them in the trunk during cars shows. Double thick mats will dampen noise for sure. I also purchased the SPP rear floor mats to protect the rear carpet, also a small amount of noise dampening. I have the set of SPP Super Snake mats (which are not like the "Super Snake build" mats). I have the SPP trunk mat laying over the Super Snake build trunk mat.

Like I said, I double mine up, but it is more for protection of the mat below and not so much to dampen noise.

Here is a link to a Super Snake mat discussion. The first post shows the "build" mats vs. the SPP mats. Post #17 brings a 3rd Super Snake mat variation into the discussion............

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

R

Are the SPP mats you got soft? I really don't care to dampen road noise I just pointed that out as another benefit. I really only care about quality and looks. I like the look of the SPP cobra mat way better than the lloyd one. But how soft and how much better quality are they compared to OEM and lloyd?

Are the SPP mats you got soft? I really don't care to dampen road noise I just pointed that out as another benefit. I really only care about quality and looks. I like the look of the SPP cobra mat way better than the lloyd one. But how soft and how much better quality are they compared to OEM and lloyd?

I would say that the quality comparision is similar OEM vs. the SPP mats...........I guess? They are not like the thin/flimsey mats that are also out there for sale. I have not had a lloyd mat for comparision.

R

I would say that the quality comparision is similar OEM vs. the SPP mats...........I guess? They are not like the thin/flimsey mats that are also out there for sale. I have not had a lloyd mat for comparision.

R

Similar not better? I'm wondering this because I think the stock mats are the cheapest pieces of c**p mats I've ever put my feet on. So thats why I was wondering the actual real world difference between lloyd and shelbys. Since calling either company doesn't help they both think their mats are the best things in the world.

Similar not better? I'm wondering this because I think the stock mats are the cheapest pieces of c**p mats I've ever put my feet on. So thats why I was wondering the actual real world difference between lloyd and shelbys. Since calling either company doesn't help they both think their mats are the best things in the world.

I have no Lloyd to compare.

Is it the pile difference that you are looking for? or the overall construction of the mat?, rubber backing. thickness, etc.?

R

I have no Lloyd to compare.

Is it the pile difference that you are looking for? or the overall construction of the mat?, rubber backing. thickness, etc.?

R

Pile, thickness, and overall construction. For example the lloyd mats are so thick where the emblem is sewed in there is maybe half an inch it goes into the pile. Are the shelby mats like this or are they just as thin as the stock mats?

For example look at these mats from americanmuscle http://images-ftp.americanmuscle.com/common/pages/viewer-enlarged.php?sku=93085&name=Dark%2520Charcoal%2520Floor%2520Mats%2520-%2520Cobra%2520Logo%2520%2805-10%2520All%29&thumbs=93085,93085_alt1,93085_alt2,93085_alt3,93085_alt4,93085_alt5&selectedImg=93085?$s7product$

Click on the picture that is just of the cobra. You can see how the pile is so thick the cobra is sewn into the mat and there is about half an inch height of fabric around it.

Pile, thickness, and overall construction. For example the lloyd mats are so thick where the emblem is sewed in there is maybe half an inch it goes into the pile. Are the shelby mats like this or are they just as thin as the stock mats?

For example look at these mats from americanmuscle http://images-ftp.am...085?$s7product$

Click on the picture that is just of the cobra. You can see how the pile is so thick the cobra is sewn into the mat and there is about half an inch height of fabric around it.

Are the American Muscle mats Lloyds? or just a pile comparision?

R

Those are the cheap cheap OEM style ones. Those suck.

But anyways pictures of the products from websites like that don't really help. Need real actual pictures of them. But anyways another member got these lloyd ultimate mats with red lining I may go that route to add some color to the interior.

Those are the cheap cheap OEM style ones. Those suck.

But anyways pictures of the products from websites like that don't really help. Need real actual pictures of them. But anyways another member got these lloyd ultimate mats with red lining I may go that route to add some color to the interior.

The oem mats that I have had experience with have a rubber backing with the rubber nubs (tits) to hold the mats in place as well as the eyelet on the drivers mat. This rubber backing also keeps all dirt, sand, etc. from getting to the carpet. Mats without rubber on the back may look nice from the top, but the finest of dirt and sand will get through the mat and into the carpet. <<They will even "somewhat" contain a liquid spill with the rubber back. These are the oem mats I was thinking about when comparing to the Shelby mats.

Usually, the rubber area on the rear of the oem mats is where the oem part number is found? I have not seen oem mats that are just the cheap carpet backing on the bottom.

R

The oem mats that I have had experience with have a rubber backing with the rubber nubs (tits) to hold the mats in place as well as the eyelet on the drivers mat. This rubber backing also keeps all dirt, sand, etc. from getting to the carpet. Mats without rubber on the back may look nice from the top, but the finest of dirt and sand will get through the mat and into the carpet. <<They will even "somewhat" contain a liquid spill with the rubber back. These are the oem mats I was thinking about when comparing to the Shelby mats.

Usually, the rubber area on the rear of the oem mats is where the oem part number is found? I have not seen oem mats that are just the cheap carpet backing on the bottom.

R

Yes what you are describing are the regular OEM mats. The one in that linked are lloyd ones designed to look like the OEM mats. I was asking how the shelby mats compare to the OEM ones that say gt500 on them.

I am thinking though of getting thishttp://bergfamily.zenfolio.com/p553804734/h3a09e962#h3e2c0b3c. They are the lloyd ultimate mats which are one step below the luxe ones

Archived