TEAM SHELBY FORUM

upgrading Interior - opinion

39Mustang

I am upgrading my interior on my 08 GT/SC using the same people who are doing it now for Shelby on the Super Snakes, GT350, and GT500 and need an opinion by GT/SC owners and Shelby GT owners that on the front seats going to use the new style Snake logo but do I use just Shelby GT say like on the faux gas caps or should it say Shelby GT/SC?

Even though I upgraded at factory and went with the SC package I was never a fan of the slash and SC on the rocker panel stripe just always though it was import like.

Because mine is an 08 Vista Blue w/ Silver stripes you really only have a couple ways to go with the interior color because its too much of in your face I'm jst not sure on using the GT/SC on the seats. I know when Saleen did the 2008 Dan Gurney Mustang the Blue seats wee awesome but is that too much Blue?

any opinions? thx

My Opinion is go with Shelby GT/SC if it is a True GT/SC, definately go with the Shelby GT snake.

Good luck, I will do it eventually, almost went with it the last time they had a deal going, but held off.

+1...agreed

I used SA's upgrade and just had them embroider Shelby GT on the seats & console cover. But since then I talked to Gary Disney about changing out the upper panels and console cover to complete the interior GT/ SC transformation. I want to do it. My opinion after a few years sitting in it is I really like the SA upgraded interior and even had them sell me an extra half hide in case something was ever damaged or for future use, it is worth the extra $100-150.

When it came time to upgrade my interior I played around with a Paint Shop program trying out different colors & designs until I was happy with the look. You may want to give that a try and if you're still undecided you could always post your interior mock-ups with a voting poll here on TS.

When it comes to interiors though, sometimes less is more. Go easy and don't worry about covering every inch of real estate. :)

Steve

When it came time to upgrade my interior I played around with a Paint Shop program trying out different colors & designs until I was happy with the look. You may want to give that a try and if you're still undecided you could always post your interior mock-ups with a voting poll here on TS.

When it comes to interiors though, sometimes less is more. Go easy and don't worry about covering every inch of real estate. :)

Steve

I know exactly what I wanna do it was just do I have it as Shelby GT or Shelby GT/SC

I am also having hard time deciding if I want to put the 'LeMans' stripes on the seats. On most of the GT500's the stripes look great, but mine is Vista Blue w/ Silver stripes. I've seen a seat done with Blue stripes and looks really good, but then I seen one with Silver and didn't like it at all. Now on the lower part of the seat it doesn't have to have stripes at all but only doing it once so I better get it right the first time. I'm using the Recaro seats and will have the newer Snake emblem and say Shelby GT/SC. 90 percent of all seats I've seen recovered have the Carroll Shelby signature on the headrest but I'm not convinced I like it. Cost is not a concern as will never sell it and I've learned my lesson over 20 years ago that its better to pay the extra money and have it done right the first time but then again my saying is 'thou shall not pimp thy Mustang'

Archived