TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood blemishes

19again

Looking for helpwith my problem. As you can see I have some holes developing on the hood. The big hole came as I washed the car about a month ago. I showed this to my local Ford dealer and his reply was to open an investigation with Ford.

My question has anyone else seen this happen on the fiberglass hood? The photos are on the passenger side and there is similar delaminating on the drivers side.

GT-Hhoodcompress1.jpg

GT-Hhoodcompress2.jpg

GT-Hhoodcompress3.jpg

GT-Hhoodcompress1.jpg

GT-Hhoodcompress2.jpg

GT-Hhoodcompress3.jpg

Only issues I've seen with the Hertz hoods are thin paint and stress cracks from people pushing down on the hood to close it. Best to always drop the hood and not push down on it when closing.

Because of the cars age I doubt Ford would be willing to do much. Can't hurt to try, just don't get your hopes up.

Perhaps you could take your GTH to a body shop, that has lots of fiberglass experience to see what they have to say.

Keep us informed on the outcome.

Steve

Only issues I've seen with the Hertz hoods are thin paint and stress cracks from people pushing down on the hood to close it. Best to always drop the hood and not push down on it when closing.

Because of the cars age I doubt Ford would be willing to do much. Can't hurt to try, just don't get your hopes up.

Perhaps you could take your GTH to a body shop, that has lots of fiberglass experience to see what they have to say.

Keep us informed on the outcome.

Steve

I did talk to a personal friend that owns a shop. One of his employees told me it would be easy to repair but the problem is repainting the hood with the stripes, It would leave a ridge along the stripe. I am going to call Ford and start the process. In the mean time I will watch and wait.

I did talk to a personal friend that owns a shop. One of his employees told me it would be easy to repair but the problem is repainting the hood with the stripes, It would leave a ridge along the stripe. I am going to call Ford and start the process. In the mean time I will watch and wait.

I called 1-800-FORD and because it's not a corrosion issue they won't/can't do anything for me. I am still looking for ways to remidy this. Again I will keep eveyone informed.

Another thing off subject is I replaced the seal that is around the air box. I was looking ALL over for this material and found it locally at McMaster-Carr. The old seal seperated from the windlace and look really bad. So for $30 and a little time all is well again. The picture is of the old gasket before it went south. Trust me the new one looks way better!AirBoxGasket.jpg

Archived