TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mini-Nats at Sears Point

mustang_girl

Had a great time this weekend at Mini-Nats, and it was great to see so many Shelbys out there. I took the GT-500 out for parade laps, but the real fun was getting some great sessions in with the Boss. It was great having multiple other Laguna Seca Bosses out there to run with!

As usual, Dito from gotbluemilk.com got some great shots!

BG3D7280.JPGBG3D6193.JPGBG3D4616.JPGBG3D0794.JPGBG3D3989.JPGBG3D0793.JPG

BG3D0793.JPG

BG3D0794.JPG

BG3D3989.JPG

BG3D4616.JPG

BG3D6193.JPG

BG3D7280.JPG

I've been going 20+ years, and always enjoy myself.

The car show on Friday was a success with a great cross section of entrants, then two awesome track days. I had seven runs, 4 on Sat, and 3 on Sun, plus one as a passenger in Andy's (FatBoss) Race Red B302 on the last run of the day...great fun with great people...

Agreed! Great cars, great people!

Looking forward to the next Norcal-SAAC event!

Ditto on that - fantastic event - even got to drive David Ray's SPEC MUSTANG (a new series/regional class in SCCA) .Enjoyed talking with you Nicole at dinner Saturday night - even that was killer- the wall of Cobras to look at while dining and the wine - Denbeste's ROCK !!! I would say that this years Mini-Nats was the best so far and I have also attended over 20 of them ( like Cali_KR)

Ditto on that - fantastic event - even got to drive David Ray's SPEC MUSTANG (a new series/regional class in SCCA) .Enjoyed talking with you Nicole at dinner Saturday night - even that was killer- the wall of Cobras to look at while dining and the wine - Denbeste's ROCK !!! I would say that this years Mini-Nats was the best so far and I have also attended over 20 of them ( like Cali_KR)

You two must be really old...

The SPEC Mustang is pretty fun to drive -- I've driven it at Thunderhill... Love the Stoptech brakes!

The Denbeste dinner was fantastic -- so much car eye candy...

And great talking to you at dinner! See you around!

You two must be really old...

Speaking of old, I was going to make a crack about being follically challenged...but decided against it... Oh snap...I think I just did...

Nothin' but love for my brothers

Speaking of old, I was going to make a crack about being follically challenged...but decided against it... Oh snap...I think I just did...

Nothin' but love for my brothers

I set that one on a tee for ya!

I was running Hoosiers -- which by that lap were on their 13 or 14th heat cycle, so they were pretty much done. This was my first time at Sears Point.

My Boss is "mostly" stock -- it has a carbon fiber Tiger racing hood, the 302S grill, the AC condenser removed, a roll bar and harnesses, AIM data acquisition, extra brake ducting, and 18" wheels for the track. But I have yet to do anything to the suspension or engine.

The Cortex kit looks pretty interesting, maybe someday I'll upgrade my suspension to coil overs with that...

Thanks! I love running with other Mustangs, I wonder if it would be worth starting a thread for upcoming track days... I have a few at Thunderhill lined up...

I hope to run Thunderhill this October with Norcal SAAC.

Nice video Fat Boss...nice lines, but what an embarrassment to not ever pass the Fairmont!! I saw it last year at the Mini Nats, cool car....

Alex

Ha, ha, it's always fun to see the Fairmont out there!

Martin's Fairmont rocks, especially with that new 351 under the bonnet

Shelby club newsletter from a few months ago has pics of him passing Kevin E's Ferarri. Bet that's not gonna make it in the Ferrari club newsletter ;-)

He he he! God I love American! Gives me hope about the potential possibilities for my 65'. Hmmm!

Archived