TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Test driving a SGT this week... opinions?

SaintnDE

There will be more. I had to wait about a year for the perfect used 08' automatic coupe. When it came up, I was ready and the whole deal just fell in place, dealer warranty and all.

Also I remember that Kelly Blue Book KBB, had a check-off for the Shelby package. When you checked that box, it only added $1,500.00 to the GT premium. I used this to work in my favor while dealing on the car. When it was all said in done I only paid about that much more than a regular Mustang GT. These cars are awsome.

Are these mods/items that I can install afterwards? I assume the lights and such can be, but what about the upgraded instrument panel? I though I saw someone's SGT that had one that sat up on the dash?

Early in the S197 history there were a number of people looking for the upgraded instrument/gauge panel. Several Mustang sites have how-tos and parts numbers in case anyone really needs them. The two-gauge was standard and really undercuts the "luxury" aspect of an upgraded car like the SGT. It may be possible to get the parts from a dismantler; my impression was that the installation was not very difficult.

This was GREAT advice. I just did so; explained the process and that they were tagging the VIN back to it's original "GT" state from the factory. The underwriter did his homework and now I have another $4K to play with.

Thanks a TON, Jeff! Hollowed ground for you, partner!

No problem, now you have to find another car I guess huh?

Well, I was just informed by the dealer that they sold it last night. Bummer! Guess I'll have to do some more shopping.

thats ok, Blue is faster

Putting CSM # 1989 up for sale. 2007 Shelby GT, 9500 miles, White with silver stripes and black interior, premium up-fitters pkg, interior upgrade pkg, active anti theft are factory options. Mods,Shelby Kicker stereo upgrade with Pioneer Avic 700 head unit w/Navigation and Sirius radio, upgraded Shelby billet hood pins, KR 500 mufflers, Shelby sequential turn signals, Shelby Extreme six piston brakes with Baer rotors, upgraded rear Baer rotors, stainless steel brake lines front and rear. Shelby CS40 20" rims silver w/polished lip, Sumitoma HTRZ tires. Honeycomb Lower Grill insert, KR Brake cooling ducts w/flexible tubing connected to Shelby brake duct kit. Brushed aluminum shift boot trim, map light accent, cup holder trim, shoulder belt mount, sill plate trim, tail light trim, rear quarter window trim, Hood prop rod and billet fuse box cover. Shelby GT engine cap set, Shelby pedal set and dead pedal, Battery hold down and trunk finish panel with Shelby lettering. Carbon Fiber rear splash guards and mirror covers. Shelby custom car cover white w/ silver stripes. Currently the the car does have FIA fender stripes which are removable in minutes.The car has had the Shelby scoop replacement and stripes replaced through Ford Racing and Shelby.

The car has had its oil changed about every 1000 miles or six months due to minimal operation, Royal Purple oil change last weekend with Canton Racing Prod race billet oil filter and a new fuel filter. Transmission and rear differential fluids changed at 5000 miles. Mods purchased but not installed on the car yet , Shelby valve cover set, 8 quart oil pan, billet lower control arms, Shelby adjustable upper control arm and bracket. Anti wheel hop control arm relocation kit, KR rear axle evaporator tank.

This car is garage kept, and obviously by the miles not driven tons, basically it has been my weekend cruiser, it was caught in the rain once since ownership.

I live in suburban Chicago, PM me or contact at 630-329-5563 after 6 p.m. CST. Will send requested pictures for interested parties.

Archived