TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5 Year Anniversary Today!

IASHELBYGT

Well, 5 years ago today I picked up my SGT at Gretter Ford in the little town of Washington, IA. At that time Gretter was the only dealership in the area that would sell me a Shelby with no ADM. My how things have changed. It's been a great ride with this car. I've gotten to meet some terrific people as a result, including Carroll at the 09 Shelby Bash. I've modded her up and won a few car shows. Overall an unforgettable time. I've posted a few pictures of the delivery day. One good thing is I'm now 100 lbs lighter than the guy on the right in the picture below.

100_0166.jpg

100_0155.jpg

100_0152.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Did you special order the deep draw hood. Do you have an idea on how many came from Shelby with that hood. Still hoping to see your car in person some time.

Congrats...very nice. California Edition? w/ factory gauge pod and deep-draw hood?

Nope, while waiting for my car to be finished at Shelby, then director of sales John Walker told me about their "new" Shelby Mod shop and asked me if I wanted anything done. I added the CS6/Hertz hood, the gauge pod cluster for non-supercharged cars and the lower grill w/driving lights before it was shipped to my dealer. So I think my car is somewhat one-of-a-few with those options installed at SAI. Man if only I'd had the funds to pull th trigger on a factory installed Paxton SC at the time!

Did you special order the deep draw hood. Do you have an idea on how many came from Shelby with that hood. Still hoping to see your car in person some time.

2+2, see my post above. I can't imagine more than a handful had that hood installed prior to dealer delivery. If the weather is good you can see it at Shelbyfest next year.

congrats Dave! As I recall, wasn't there some kind of deal about the getting healthy part and the supercharger? Just let me know if you need a witness. LOL :hysterical2:

Yep, next Spring/Summer is the plan, or so Beth says. Depends on finances. Now that both daughters are married maybe we'll have a few extra dollars.

Jeez, I almost forgot that it's been 5 years for ME and my SGT!

Happy Anniversary!

Sam

Thanks Sam - I may talk to you when I finally take the SC plunge. I'm leaning towards the Edlebrock E-Force and remember your install thread.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Dave's car in person. He and the car are fantastic to be around. Beautiful car and great guy. Congrats on 5 years. I celebrated mine in April as well.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Dave's car in person. He and the car are fantastic to be around. Beautiful car and great guy. Congrats on 5 years. I celebrated mine in April as well.

Thanks for the nice compliments, you are too kind :blush: Hope to see you at another show soon. Let me know if there is anything in your area coming up.

Dave

Hard to believe that it will be five years since I picked up my 2007 SGT on 9/11/07. I had waited since March for the car. It was a very long summer. I still have the car and it will stay in my shop until they throw dirt in my face. I did get a 2012 Boss 302 to give her some company.

Archived