TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What do you think?

Amigo GT500

If you painted it white its going to look SO SO SO UGLY. I saw a picture of a mule that was red and didn't have the black decklid. It was essentially a 2012 but with 13 head lights. It looks so bad it makes you want to gag. With these new headlights you have to have the decklid otherwise it looks horrible.

about the black part of the trunk between the tail lights in the 2013? Does it look good or is better with the paint color of the car?post-33685-0-78696000-1344215206_thumb.jpg

Personally the back end and the cheap plastic piece on the bottom are the reasons I would get only a black 2013. If I had any other color that bottom piece would get painted.

Hi Amigo,

If you want the look of the 13 I would leave it black, but I like the cleaner look of the trunk being white of the 10-12 cars. Thats why I am leaving the stock look of my 12 just the the rear came from the factory. I think the black 13 look does look good with the rear 13 tail lights however. If you are going with the 13 tail lights I say leave the trunk cover between the 13 lights black.

Personally, I would want it painted to match the body color but if you have stripes they would need to be put in their place too to make it look right. If I trade up for a 14 I'm getting white with black stripes so I would be painting mine. If the area was flat black or satin like the stripes it would be better but gloss....No model year is perfect but that's the worst part of the new rear treatment for me.

I think it would look better painted body color with the stripes added. As it is, there is so much going on in the stock configuration, paint, stripes, glossblack panel, more stripes, flat black corregated license plate panel, different flat black diifuser, red accent lights, the white circle around the third backup light, its just too busy. I think taking out the panel and adding the new same stripe you already have would lessen it some. I think thats why guys seem to like the dark color cars with dark stripes in the 13, it downplays all thats going on. ut in the end its just what you like, and if you take off the panel and dont like it, pretty easy to put back.

Thanks for all of you for your opinion....Let's wait until I get my car back. I might do in PhotoShop to see how looks before paint it the decklid.......

And yes!! the car will have the black stripes all the way....

Jorge

Mi Amigo...if you go to the 2013 SS build page on Shelbys Facebook account..you can see the 2013 back end with the blackout portion off...it doesn't have the faux gas cap or stripes extended through the area. But it gives you a look at it. I think it looks better that way.

There are a few pics in the series: http://www.facebook....67062780&type=3

You guys really rather have it without the decklid? I think it makes the tail lights look out of place. On 11-12 it looked good because of the style of the tail lights. But with these new tail lights it just looks unfinished. Kind of like how the grill looks like on stripe delete cars. Thats why stripes look 100x better on this car than 10-12 hence why everyone is getting their cars with stripes as oppose to before when you saw way more stripe delete. Subconsciously we are all thinking the grill looks unfinished and crappy without stripes (even though none of you will admit to this B) ).

You guys really rather have it without the decklid? I think it makes the tail lights look out of place. On 11-12 it looked good because of the style of the tail lights. But with these new tail lights it just looks unfinished. Kind of like how the grill looks like on stripe delete cars. Thats why stripes look 100x better on this car than 10-12 hence why everyone is getting their cars with stripes as oppose to before when you saw way more stripe delete. Subconsciously we are all thinking the grill looks unfinished and crappy without stripes (even though none of you will admit to this B) ).

I think most opted for stripe delete because the thin SVTPP stripes were horrible! That's why I did anyways. That and the color stripes I want wasn't offered.

Archived