TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID Fog lights

08SS0144

It depends on the angle you look at them. I seen them in person they are a 6000k LED bulb. That will have a blue look. Pretty much every aftermarket "white" LED bulb is 6000k. The factory HID headlights are 4300k. So to match you can not go above 5000k. Thats also why everyone complains about the poor light. Past 5000k the light thrown becomes more and more useless. Thats why the factory doesn't ever go above 5000k.

It depends on the angle you look at them. I seen them in person they are a 6000k LED bulb. That will have a blue look. Pretty much every aftermarket "white" LED bulb is 6000k. The factory HID headlights are 4300k. So to match you can not go above 5000k. Thats also why everyone complains about the poor light. Past 5000k the light thrown becomes more and more useless. Thats why the factory doesn't ever go above 5000k.

Yep... had them too. 6K does have a blue-ish tint to them. Better than the OEM yellow-ish fogs, but still blue. V-Leds have the 5Ks, but they're currently out of stock: http://www.v-leds.com/5K-WHITE-28-LED-13W-DRLFOG-p9619283.html I plan to pick-up a set and will post...

Archived