TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Automatic Shifter

I'd like to see SAI develop or partner with Hurst or B&M shifters to develop a replacement shifter for automatic transmissions. A shifter like the Hurst Pro-Matic or Comp-Stick with both the Hurst and Shelby logo would be a great improvement over the factory automatic shifter.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this idea. I'll check it out.

Jer

There were approximately 2,354 auto tranny GT & GTH cars built from 2006-08. Perhaps there is a market for a automatic shifter. I'm sure if Jer and the SPP team can make this happen they will.

Steve

TCI street fighter is a plug and play and can be put back to stock easily. Nice billet w/Shelby script etc. Sounds like anew partnership. That said, Hurst may also be nice even though I have not checked it out but the SGT already had a Hurst so partnership may be in place.

I had the pleasure of meeting Linda Vaughn (Miss Hurst) when I sold the mustang for the foundation and bought the cobra. Hurst had sold a flat gold painted viper that night. I was prepping the cobra with anti freeze after hours and there was a very stately blonde balling her eyes out by the viper. I went over and asked if she was ok and if I could help with anything. She introduced herself and my jaw dropped. We'd both had a charity car that day and as she said "we done good today". I asked if I could take a picture of her with the gold viper and she said shed rather not since her mascara was all droopy (it was). I respected her. I actually deleted some other photos I took before. I will never forget that night

She sold one of her personal cars at but in Florida. It was to help with expenses for heart surgery. Craig Jackson bought the car

And she's still hot

There were approximately 2,354 auto tranny GT & GTH cars built from 2006-08. Perhaps there is a market for a automatic shifter. I'm sure if Jer and the SPP team can make this happen they will.

Steve

Sounds like an awesome upgrade !!!

• 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of meeting Linda Vaughn (Miss Hurst) when I sold the mustang for the foundation and bought the cobra. Hurst had sold a flat gold painted viper that night. I was prepping the cobra with anti freeze after hours and there was a very stately blonde balling her eyes out by the viper. I went over and asked if she was ok and if I could help with anything. She introduced herself and my jaw dropped. We'd both had a charity car that day and as she said "we done good today". I asked if I could take a picture of her with the gold viper and she said shed rather not since her mascara was all droopy (it was). I respected her. I actually deleted some other photos I took before. I will never forget that night

She sold one of her personal cars at but in Florida. It was to help with expenses for heart surgery. Craig Jackson bought the car

And she's still hot

I've met Linda quite a few times. She does still look good "for her age" but have ya ever seen pics of her when she was in her prime?

YEEESH! She was STUNNING.

I was a NHRA Top Fuel Eliminator Club member. The NHRA started a 'off season' (nostalgia) event they called The California Hot Rod Reunion at Fomoso Raceway in /Bakersfield, CA. I started going to it at its inception and I went to it every year after for the first few years. It got REAL BIG, and then the NHRA started a 2nd event (in Ohio, I think) and Linda was there every year STILL representing Hurst.

Her and "TV Tommy Ivo" always had a booth together. I probably have pics of her/them/us somewhere but 'the dig' to find them would be a lengthy one.

So anyway, with all that said: Can't you use a generic shifter (Hurst or otherwise) and mount it under the console, still using the OEM shift boot? I know I've seen lots of guys do it on older cars.

Phill

There were approximately 2,354 auto tranny GT & GTH cars built from 2006-08. Perhaps there is a market for a automatic shifter.

I wouldn't limit the market to just Shelby's though.

How many A/T *Mustangs* were built that use the same trans or shifter? My bet is, a LOT more than 2,354.

A shifter mfgr. could market a Shelby logo shifter to anyone with a A/T Mustang so as not to limit the market so severely. Unless you're suggesting a proprietary shifter intended solely for Shelby GT's or GTH's.

JMHO,

Phill

I'm in for that :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: ,,need old style wooden T-handle with snake ,,,like in the 1967-1967 's

,, Something like this ,,but a upgrade style for the newer cars now ,,, $(KGrHqV,!hkFBLYZPf5MBQVo7NUiiQ~~60_57.jpg, :salute: ,,OK,, guys ,,,a Billet Aluminum ,or Carbon fiber T-Handle one would look nice also ,,but lets just get a old style T-handle that looks kinda like the old style . with that Shelby Style to it :happy feet: . and a Shelby shifer plate ring too would be nice .

$(KGrHqV,!hkFBLYZPf5MBQVo7NUiiQ~~60_57.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing yet, folks. Sorry, the new Shelby Forged Wheel program and Christmas rush has fogged our goggles for a bit. But I am working on it. Stay tuned.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

My factory handle is starting to delaminate a bit at the top seam. What a bummer. I can't get just the T handle piece from Ford and have to get a whole new shifter. I'd rather have a cool SAI shifter so let's get one made! I've looked into the TCI ratchet shifter and am not sold on it. I also don't like how big it is.

Would be cool to have a "Shelby Shifter" in my 2013 5.0. The only thing I wonder about is that the 2013 is the 6-speed selectshift with a sport mode including manual shift capability via thumb-button, so I wouldn't want to lose that function.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a subject I know because due to my injury I can Only drive Automatics so I researched just about everything. Its not as simple as 1,2,3, swapping out say an old 67 shifter and putting in a B&M compared to the modern cars and it being electronic and PCM run car. Its not difficult but its not like the old ones so there is a little more to it...

I'd prefer B&M if can be done

Archived