TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll's KR up for auction

I wonder what differences from a production KR that one may have. Did Mr. Shelby just take a stocker from the production line, or was that one special in some way? I doubt he required more power (at his age), but who knows...? Anyone have more info on that car?

Nope. I looked it up. Not a glass roof car. Looks like it has the Shaker 1000. Maybe Robert could let us know more about it? I wonder what #it is?

Hard to see in the picture but I believe the CSM is # Jan 11 2008

DSCN4753a.jpg

cov-08shel1.jpg

OK. I went on the actual auction site. The car listed is an '09. It is CSM 09KR0445. The pics that Rob has posted of Carroll with the black KR is a different car, an '08 not an '09.

From what I remember the car was given to him on his birthday. That is why it had a date for the CSM#. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.

I do know that there are several KRs out there that don't have the traditional KR CSM #.

Hopefully some day SA will provide an actual list of all the KR CSM #.

I thought the black w/glass roof was auctioned off from the very begining. It is the only '07-'09 GT500 with a factory glass roof...and a KR to top it off.

That's my recollection also. If I remember correctly, it was auctioned to Ron Pratte at the Barret-Jackson auction in Scottsdale in January 2008.

From that above .pdf, it looks as though he may have had TWO black KRs; the '08 with the birthday CSM#, and also that '09 going to auction.

I need to get another KR to drive at my ranch. First, I need the ranch... :)

That's my recollection also. If I remember correctly, it was auctioned to Ron Pratte at the Barret-Jackson auction in Scottsdale in January 2008.

I heard the the orginal 2007 (the one sold at the auction for $550,000) was crushed and was replaced with a registationable one. I believe the CSM# on that one is 08KRXXXX. Yes all X's...

Again that's just what I heard.

cov-08gt500krg1.jpg

cov-08gt500krg4.jpg

OK. I went on the actual auction site. The car listed is an '09. It is CSM 09KR0445. The pics that Rob has posted of Carroll with the black KR is a different car, an '08 not an '09.

Correct. Some are confusing this 2009 KR with Carroll's B-day KR that is still in Carroll's collection. This 2009 KR was shipped to Texas and was titled in Carroll's name. At some point this 2009 KR was sold off and is now currently being put up for auction by the current owner.

Steve

Correct. Some are confusing this 2009 KR with Carroll's B-day KR that is still in Carroll's collection. This 2009 KR was shipped to Texas and was titled in Carroll's name. At some point this 2009 KR was sold off and is now currently being put up for auction by the current owner.

Steve

Do you have any idea what the current owner paid for the car?

Unfortunately not but let me send him an email and see what info he's willing to share on how he purchased the KR. Gotta be a story there.

Steve

Yes, would be interesting to hear what transpired in the past and what they are expecting at this point.

Auctions can be quite unpredictable though.

• 2 months later...

Archived