TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Side Badges

Same quality and only place that I know of where you can get them. The 2006 and 2007 are different. The 2006 versions have two pins that push into the fender where the 2007 is only double stick tape. You will also need to send SA your old ones.

Good luck

• 1 year later...

Also, as far as I know, only the 07's are available through Shelby. Luckily, those are the ones you are looking for! I got lucky and have an extra set of '06 badges which I purchased on ebay years ago. I paid quite a bit for them, but thought it would be a good idea to keep them out of the hands of the bad guys! :lol: I used the new ones when I had my paint job done. The old ones are missing quite a bit of chrome. Figured I'd get them re-chromed someday. The guy I bought them from supposedly found them in the glove box of a rental car GTH back in 2006. I believe him as they were brand new with pins and tape.

Also, as far as I know, only the 07's are available through Shelby. Luckily, those are the ones you are looking for! I got lucky and have an extra set of '06 badges which I purchased on ebay years ago. I paid quite a bit for them, but thought it would be a good idea to keep them out of the hands of the bad guys! :lol: I used the new ones when I had my paint job done. The old ones are missing quite a bit of chrome. Figured I'd get them re-chromed someday. The guy I bought them from supposedly found them in the glove box of a rental car GTH back in 2006. I believe him as they were brand new with pins and tape.

A great investment ... very hard to come by.

Are any of these badges still available? I just purchased 07GTH079 and the side badges have almost lost all the chrome finish.

Yes the 2007 versions are available. As already mentioned, you'll need to return your old emblems before the new ones are shipped. I don't recall the latest pricing but give Wendy a call at 702-405-3500 and she'll fill you in.

Steve

• 1 year later...

I replaced my side badges last year as the originals were peeling. I sent my old ones, proof of ownership and $75 to Shelby and got a new set. Now the new set is peeling already. Ares these still left overs from 2007?

I replaced my side badges last year as the originals were peeling. I sent my old ones, proof of ownership and $75 to Shelby and got a new set. Now the new set is peeling already. Ares these still left overs from 2007?

+1 great question.

• 9 months later...

I'm very surprised anyone is willing to trade in their Hertz badge and $75 for the same poor quality badge. I might look local to find someone that can re crome it.

Now if Shelby would produce a billet Hertz badge, I would be very interested as it would hold up much better. Unfortunately, there is not enough profit in the 100+/- they would sell.....

the 06 badges had pins where the GT badge stuck to the fender plus double sided tape. The 07 badges had no pins. I think the replacement SAI is providing has no pins.

the 06 badges had pins where the GT badge stuck to the fender plus double sided tape. The 07 badges had no pins. I think the replacement SAI is providing has no pins.

+1... My replacement set are the 2007 versions.

Archived