TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$250.00 Off Shelby Take Off Hoods

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, I ordered a take off hood from you on July 21. I paid for it via CC and was billed shortly thereafter. I notice the ad for these hoods mentions...

Availability: Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Weeks

On 8/7/12 I sent an email to store@shelbyautos.com inquiring as to a possible ship date and got no response. Checking the status of the order I've noted it as 'processing' but have yet to see 'shipped' or anything else.

Can you please update me on the order?

Shack, when did you order your hood? I can't get any confirmation and today is the one month anniversary of my order. Did you by chance order yours after July 21st?

How long was your order in 'Processing'...

OrderFromShelby.jpg?t=1345586704

Placed the order on 8/2/2012 (last day of the sale) and the hood arrived 8/15/2012. The site wasn't taking the coupon code so I called and placed my order that way. Might want to call and check on the status - maybe an issue with credit card processing?

I was already billed, as I stated before. Thanks for responding though.

Robert, I'm sure you've perused this thread. Nobody responds to my emails. Is there an issue or reason why?

Shack, when did you order your hood? I can't get any confirmation and today is the one month anniversary of my order. Did you by chance order yours after July 21st? How long was your order in 'Processing'... OrderFromShelby.jpg?t=1345586704

Please call us at 702.405.3500

This order should have already been shipped. I was going to check into it, but don't have the order number, last name or other details.

I was already billed, as I stated before. Thanks for responding though.

Robert, I'm sure you've perused this thread. Nobody responds to my emails. Is there an issue or reason why?

If this has not been resolved, please send me an email: JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Thanks!

Jer

Jer/Robert, I spoke with Cameron(?) a few days ago on the phone. He was apologetic, but more importantly his sincerity seemed genuine. His business acumen was first rate.

He offered me a store credit as well.

I now see via a provided tracking number, that the item has shipped. I look forward to the delivery date.

Thanks guys.

Tob

Excellent!

Kameron is a veteran customer service rep. Glad to hear you were taken care of.

Jer

The hood showed up!

I did my best to get in touch with FedEx Freight (Buffalo) in order to set up a delivery time, yesterday. When I was told I needed to be home between the hours of 1pm and 5pm I let them know that was unacceptable. I stated that in the past I was able to leave my number so that the driver (or their dispatch) could contact me when the driver was one hour away. The woman from FedEx reluctantly agreed to do it.

Fast forward to today. I get a phone call at 10:45am that the driver is sitting in front of my house. Nice. I was there in less than 15 minutes. Turns out the driver was a great guy and he explained the deficiency that is their 'appointment' lady. We both laughed and shared a story or two.

I moved the hood to my shop so that I could open up the huge box it was shipped in and give it a once over. The box was listed at 70lbs.

IMAG0763.jpg?t=1346870312

It was marked well indicating which side needed to be up as well as to not be stacked upon. It looked as though FedEx obliged. Curious as to how well the nose and corners made out, I was happy to see some rigid insulation at each corner as well as a rip of insulation on top and at the bottom of the hood.

IMAG0765.jpg?t=1346870310

One of my Great Danes came over to see what was inside as she loves opening presents as much as my niece and nephew!

IMAG0767.jpg?t=1346870338

The hood color is a match for my '09, Vista Blue, and was in better condition than my hood was when my car was new. A quick inspection revealed no scratches or dents. OE vents and squirters were in place as well. So was the underhood blanket - in excellent condition.

IMAG0769.jpg?t=1346870774

Color me a satisfied customer.

Great pix, congratulations, and THANK YOU!

Jer

any white hoods w/ silver stripes for my 07 sgt? and is the code no longer valid?

These are GT500 hoods, and do not fit Shelby GT models.

Jer

The disconnect in this topic (and some others) is an unfortunate side-effect of changes and realignments here at Shelby.

Robert Lane and Sharon Elliot are no longer handling Shelby Performance Parts or accessories, they are 100% focused on Team Shelby (this website, events, etc...).

So, for any questions or issues regarding SPP, you can PM me, or email me at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com. I'm also all over the forums, looking for opportunities to get involved and help.

http://www.teamshelb...-and-expansion/

There will be news on Deep Draw hoods, watch for a new thread.

As for the GT500 takeoff hoods, I've refreshed that promo code (hooddeal) so it is good to go until October 2.

Because that's my birthday, and I wanted a subtle way of hinting at it.

:happy feet:

Jer

Thanks Robert. I must say, I have no idea how many of these hoods you have in storage, but I'm rather impressed that you and yours have been able to keep them in such good condition. I know that over time inventory gets moved or rearranged and it is good to see that such care was given in consideration of future sale. They are big but at least they are light enough for one person to handle.

You wouldn't happen to have any takeoff '07-'09 fenders by any chance would you?

Archived