TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pad Preference

2010KB

Looking to upgrade my OEM pads to something that will not produce as much dust as the OEMS, however also looking to maintain original performance or as close as I can get to it. This is for street use only, no tracking. What are some recommendations or opinions of the following

Hawk HPC

EBC Red Stuff

Performance Friction Carbon Metallic

Thanks for the opinions.

Honestly I never considered AutoZone. I am old school and AZ never carried the brands that I was used to using (gates, moog, federal mogul etc) and a long time ago when AZ first started, they were considered or had the stigma to carry the "cheap parts" Through more research on this and other websites, quite a few folks as you state are running the AZ Duralast Gold C-MAX. I will more than likely give them a shot since for the money you can't go wrong. I also did not list one other manufacture that from reading about them and other comments have a great product and that is Carbotech, however, they are not cheap! I don't want anyone to think that my goal is strictly cheap, however if the C-MAX perform as well as the Carbotech 1521 and have equally less dusting, then cost does become a factor. If however the Carbotechs are superior in performance and still produce far less dust than the OEM, then I am not opposed to shelling out the additional cash. Thanks for the inputs.

I have an almost new set of Carbotech 1521 pads on the shelf but I bought a set of AZ C-MAX for my GT-500. Way less dust than stock, zero brake noise and performance seems to be equal to or better than stock. I think they're a great choice for street use only.

I like Carbotech pads and I used the 1521s very briefly on a Shelby GT with Brembos before replacing them with XPs for track use. I didn't put them on my GT-500 because they don't have chamfered edges and the C-MAX also have the rubber shim on the backing plate so I thought they would be quieter.

I have an almost new set of Carbotech 1521 pads on the shelf but I bought a set of AZ C-MAX for my GT-500. Way less dust than stock, zero brake noise and performance seems to be equal to or better than stock. I think they're a great choice for street use only.

I like Carbotech pads and I used the 1521s very briefly on a Shelby GT with Brembos before replacing them with XPs for track use. I didn't put them on my GT-500 because they don't have chamfered edges and the C-MAX also have the rubber shim on the backing plate so I thought they would be quieter.

Thanks for the info

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

For the guys running the Duralast gold, the rear pads come out of the box with metal shims installed on the back of the pads. Are the front pads supposed to have the same shims? The fronts I just purchased do not have the shims.

Thanks

Archived