TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 gt500 head gasket leaks

tonyd1

Maybe they are confusing the water on the ground under the GT500's with head gasket leaks? I guess they don't realize that GT500 drivers can still use their A/C when racing ZL1's without fear of losing.

Sorry I couldn't help myself the :devil: made me do it.

Maybe they are confusing the water on the ground under the GT500's with head gasket leaks? I guess they don't realize that GT500 drivers can still use their A/C when racing ZL1's without fear of losing.

ROFL! :hysterical2:

Sorry I couldn't help myself the :devil: made me do it.

+1

Hi guys, I was just cruising the web and on a camero site, one of the bowtie boys stated he heard the 13 gt500 was having head gasket problem, Is it true? I surely not not -Tonyd1

There have been NO reports of any such problem here or on the SVTperformance.com site.

ZERO.

That sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Phill

LOL, this is becoming the I hate comaro guys thread more than addressing the issue, or lack therof at hand.

I don't hate the Camaro or Camaro guys.These dumb back and forths are for the birds, the ZL1 is a very fine and capable machine, as is my 2013 GT500.

To each their own. I don't think we have these made up problems with head gaskets though.

LOL, this is becoming the I hate comaro guys thread more than addressing the issue, or lack therof at hand.

I don't hate the Camaro or Camaro guys.These dumb back and forths are for the birds, the ZL1 is a very fine and capable machine, as is my 2013 GT500.

To each their own. I don't think we have these made up problems with head gaskets though.

We have not heard of any reports regarding head gasket failures on the 2013 Shelby GT500.

On another note though, I think we need to stop bashing the Camaro and Camaro enthusiasts - Shelby owners are better than this. I think it's safe and fun to judge and compare the Camaro vs. GT500, but not attack Camaro enthusiasts as a group. I believe that Carroll Shelby would agree.

Very well said...I agree totally with this post....If it wasn't for Chev pushing the Camaro up to 580 hp the GT500 would still be at 550 hp

one is making the other better and in this case the GT500 is better...thanks Chev keep pushing.

We have not heard of any reports regarding head gasket failures on the 2013 Shelby GT500.

On another note though, I think we need to stop bashing the Camaro and Camaro enthusiasts - Shelby owners are better than this. I think it's safe and fun to judge and compare the Camaro vs. GT500, but not attack Camaro enthusiasts as a group. I believe that Carroll Shelby would agree.

I agree with this also Robert...Carroll Shelby was a very competative guy but always had respect for other car brands..heck he was even envolved

in the conception of the Viper.

This thread went south starting with the 2nd post and hasn't changed direction since then. I did contribute, but not in a positive way, sorry about that.

If it's really a big problem, there are plenty of mods who have the power to delete these types of threads whenever they show up. End of problem.

Probably because he was on a Camero forum and was 16 years old. Why do we care what the Camero crowd says about our cars. Why do football fans bad mouth each others teams?

If I want to know what's bad about a Ford, I don't have to look any further than a good Ford forum, the Ford guys don't candy coat any problems that come up with their cars. The difference is, they also don't hesitate when it comes to helping each other find a way to fix the problem.

Fellow TS members,

There's always been some good natured competition between the Chevy and Ford fans on the track and at car events, so that's to be expected on the forums as well. Most Camaro owners are just like us and they share the same enthusiasm for their cars (and other classic and muscle vehicles), as we do for our Shelby's. I was reminded of that recently following the passing of CHS this past May when I stumbled upon this Camaro5 thread whose members were paying their respects for a great American icon.

http://www.camaro5.c...ad.php?t=223093

Competition is a good thing. It's made the Mustang breed stronger. I prefer to cheer it, rather than be critical.

Fellow TS members,

There's always been some good natured competition between the Chevy and Ford fans on the track and at car events, so that's to be expected on the forums as well. Most Camaro owners are just like us and they share the same enthusiasm for their cars (and other classic and muscle vehicles), as we do for our Shelby's. I was reminded of that recently following the passing of CHS this past May when I stumbled upon this Camaro5 thread whose members were paying their respects for a great American icon.

http://www.camaro5.c...ad.php?t=223093

Competition is a good thing. It's made the Mustang breed stronger. I prefer to cheer it, rather than be critical.

I agree with this post.

Thanks for posting that NAJA...They all showed Carroll Shelby respect..Good form Camaro5 guys.

There is one guy over on Camaro5 that has already had a catastrophic engine failure. He didn't even have a 1000 miles on the car, it was in the shop more than it was on the street. I think they finally found the problem to it. But, I know he posted he wasn't happy and was possibly (at one time) trying to see if he could return the car under the lemon law.

I agree with this post.

Thanks for posting that NAJA...They all showed Carroll Shelby respect..Good form Camaro5 guys.

Yes, from a competition standpoint and racing sure. Even in making the car more and more apealing to the masses. I just think the we are better than you or you are better than me is rediculous. I am all about respectful competition. Sometimes I marvel at the level of maturity and respect that goes along with motorsports. It is like any other Sport though, some people are too prideful.

Anyway Yes, good post and as long as their are level-headed guys competing and discussing, the Enthusiasts are better off!

Archived