TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Woodward Dream Cruise/Mustang Alley

Carl Bishop

My wife and I will be heading to Motown for this years Dream Cruise and Mustang Alley. We'll be leaving North Carolina on August 10th to spend time with family before partaking in the Mustang Alley events, we were selected for both the AAI Plant Tour on Thursday and the DDC Track Day on Friday.

Is there any interest in having an unofficial Team Shelby get together for dinner one night somewhere off Woodward during the week? I believe my wife and I might sign up for the Mustang Alley charity dinner at Marinellis Friday evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost finished packing the car, my wife and I plan on leaving eeeeeeeeeeeeearly tomorrow morning.... :peelout:

I know I'll be seeing DrKSGT for sure. Hope to meet a few more TS members.......

Hello, is anyone out there? :poke:

I am in but taking the Roush to do track stuff with the Roush guys. For Woodward I turn to the Dark Side and take the Black Jack! I will be visiting the Sshelby area in Mustang Alley for sure!

Day 1 & 2:

My wife and I arrived in St. Clair Shores at my mom's place yesterday afternoon. For the most part we had crappy wet weather on our tip up from NC. Dang, my car was filthy dirty, at least I was able to give her a quick bath before dinner last evening and tucker her away in mom's garage... -_-

Today's plans, my sister is hosting a family and friends "welcome home" party for Kim and I... Looks like one my day of wet weather before things will start clearing up here.

I'll be there for sure! I'm also attending the Roush event with a couple other Team Shelby members and I'll be in Mustang Alley supporting the Shelby name. :rockon:

Which Round Up Events are you doing? It looks like a good turn out this year. My Dad is coming with me and will turn 81 wile we are there. Looking at your car pic I would think it will be on the track at Waterford? Look forward to meeting you.

Rick

Day 2:

Went to leave for my sisters place to find a dead battery, I knew it was starting to go bad on the trip up.... Caught a great deal at Advance Auto on a store brand to get me thought this week. Had a great time with my family and friends that I haven't seen since high school, good times.

Can't wait to get on Woodward to do some cruising....

Which Round Up Events are you doing? It looks like a good turn out this year. My Dad is coming with me and will turn 81 wile we are there. Looking at your car pic I would think it will be on the track at Waterford? Look forward to meeting you.

Rick

There's an event at the Romeo Proving Grounds that we're going to. It's my first time going to this event, but it came with some high praises so I had to go.

Is there an event at Waterford??? I hadn't heard there was going to be one.

There's an event at the Romeo Proving Grounds that we're going to. It's my first time going to this event, but it came with some high praises so I had to go.

Is there an event at Waterford??? I hadn't heard there was going to be one.

PM sent with details on Friday Track Event. I look forward to seeing you Thursday @ Romeo.

Myself, Rumors, and another friend from West Michigan will be in town for:

1. Wed. evening hangout with SAAC in Birmingham

2. Thu. Romeo Proving grounds tour

3. Thu. afternoon/evening cruise in at Roush in Livonia

4. Fri. Dearborn Proving Grounds

5. Fri. evening cruise Woodward

6. Sat. Mustang Alley

Myself, Rumors, and another friend from West Michigan will be in town for:

1. Wed. evening hangout with SAAC in Birmingham

2. Thu. Romeo Proving grounds tour

3. Thu. afternoon/evening cruise in at Roush in Livonia

4. Fri. Dearborn Proving Grounds

5. Fri. evening cruise Woodward

6. Sat. Mustang Alley

Look forward to meeting you Thursday at the Roush event and again Friday in Mustang Alley.

SGT1234 sent me a link through my iPhone but had not figured out how to get it visible to understand where the post resided(iPhones seem to be like HP calculators, other side of the brain).. Now from my desk top I am able to work better. iPhone will get mastered.

Like Stngfever I start with SAAC-MCR meet on Wednesday night. Past years they have hung out till 11:00+ and then did a little bit of Crusing as they head for home.

Thursday morning Roush Group at the Romeo Proving Grounds. Unfortunate that they closed signup Sunday night so, if you are not in you'll miss a good time. Third year I have done it and I will come back as long as they keep doing it.

Checking if the Roush Museum Open House and Car Show scheduled either 3:00 or 5:00 start is srill open. Their Roundup still can be read at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e52t1de9d4b7f520&llr=mkqdpwdab does not show a charge.

Friday there is a Waterford Road event for them as well. Not yet into tracking my car so that is a pass. Will most likely go to MRT Open House and car show after a little work on my daily. Saw Friday night Dinner still has room.

Saturday will be Mustang Alley and looks like we should be in the Snake Pit again as Team Shelby and Cobras. Have a Team Shelby Snake Pit Windshield card made from Great Lakes Team. Just have to finish on printing.

Everyone surely has seen the notes about opening at 7 am and better if you come as a group. Found Webb Elementary School close ( 2100 Woodward Heights, Hazel Park). Clear parking lot to stage in and reasonably easy to get Mustang Alley entrance. Meeting Carl there along with any others interested to go in together.

Looking forward to meeting more new TS members and reacquainting with others that I have seen several years now.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for posting this info...

Here's my plans for the rest of the week....

Tuesday:

Kim and I are headed to Frankenmuth for the day, on our return tip home we hope to get some cruising on Woodward in this evening......

Wednesday:

Dealing with family property in Eastpoint (long story), family dinner and cruising on Woodward.....

Thursday:

AAI Plant Tour & cruising Woodward in the evening....

Friday:

DDC Track Event & Team Mustang Marinellies Charity dinner...

Saturday:

Meeting Tom at Webb Elementary School to pre-stage for Mustang Alley/Snake Pit....

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone over the next couple of days.

Carl

• 5 weeks later...

I took my Roush Black Jack to Woodward and did several track events with the Roush Guys. Met numerous Team Shelby folks at several events. It was a blast! Didn't get many track pics of the Shelby GTs as they were in the same run group with me at Waterford.

2012WoodwardCruise027.jpg

Here is a link to a ton of pics from the track and the Roush events:

http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/vv248/3ponies/2012%20Roush%20Gathering%20Woodward/

I strapped my dad in and celebrated his 81st Birthday on the track!

I took my Roush Black Jack to Woodward and did several track events with the Roush Guys. Met numerous Team Shelby folks at several events. It was a blast! Didn't get many track pics of the Shelby GTs as they were in the same run group with me at Waterford.

2012WoodwardCruise027.jpg

Here is a link to a ton of pics from the track and the Roush events:

http://s688.photobuc...ing%20Woodward/

I strapped my dad in and celebrated his 81st Birthday on the track!

Great picture. The Proving Grounds tour was my favorite part of Dearborn 2011.

Perfect way to celebrate your Dads 81st Birthday............. :salute:

I strapped him in and put a helmet on him the next day and we did the first session at Waterford he took a pass oin the next 4 and told me he thought he would puke if we did another one! :)! It was a fun day and a great event!

2012RoushWaterford13.jpg

I strapped him in and put a helmet on him the next day and we did the first session at Waterford he took a pass oin the next 4 and told me he thought he would puke if we did another one! :)! It was a fun day and a great event!

Too cool, that's great that you were able to share that with your Dad!

My wife tagged along with me on Dearborn '11 and we both had a great time!

2012RoushWaterford13.jpg

Archived