TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake In The Works

The brake rotors kind of look like carbon ceramic though I HIGHLY doubt they are.

It's to bad they're not..I got them on my ZR1 and I can drive 100 + miles and not get hardley any brake dust

at all...on my GT500 I used to have I'd drive 10 miles and the brake dust was even on the side of the car.

If the aftermarket made a carbon ceramic brake or even brembo offered one that would work with car I'd buy it in a heart beat. Cleaning the brake dust off the wheels is a PITA. I'd gladly pay 4000 dollars to not have to clean them every 4-7 days.

What size tires and rims are they? The look super plain and not very stylish. If it helps jam more rubber in back then maybe it's worth it.

I can't tell from the picture but I see that it has Michelin's on it now, as someone said in another thread.

I need to find that thread and tell him he was right and I was wrong.....

I said the SS had Pirelli P-zero's on it.

Phill

I hate to say it, but I have to agree. I think 2012 was the last of the mohicans regarding Super Snake styling. The wheels on this new Shelby are terrible and never was a fan of concave wheels. The Alcoas were WAY better. Honestly if they wanted to go with a different wheel, I would prefer something like the Shelby CS1 or the CS40 wheel. I also see that Shelby put on the egg crate grill. Is that too much air for the car to handle? Also hate to say, but I have to agree with what one of the FB commenters said about the tail pipes which I think was deleted: it would look better with quad chrome tips on it. I understand that the round mufflers may be the reason on changing the tips but still.

I hate to bash on such a great package. The Super Snake package was partially the reason why I chose the username. But this I can't describe. It's like a step backward. I guess if I wanted to get a Snake, the '07-'09 is the way to go. I will take a 2013 GT500 defiantly, just mod it myself to get the power, keep the GT500 look sleeper-wise and keep it at that.

Did anyone notice that is a 2012 GT500 ? It has the mesh styled grill.

Look closer.

The lower grille is open, the blower is the new SVT 5.8L badged blower, the rear lights are the new 2013 LED lights and the facia has the middle blacked in lic. plate area...It's not a 2012, it's a 2013.with a 2013 upper egg crate grille installed.

Phill

The upper grill change is going to kill sales, mine possibly being one of them. The wheels are from the same manufacturer used on the S-1000 with a different center sections. I don't like the wheels style or function, because the valve stem is inside of the center section and not easily assessable. They will also be a pain in the butt to keep looking pristine, as I believe they are a raw brushed aluminum surface from what I saw on the S-1000, but I didn't rub my hand across the surface to confirm this. If the grill change was done to accommodate the room needed for the SS wings around the cobra this was a shitty idea to make sure the badge was installed at minimum cost and thought. You're spending $35K for this upgrade, plus the optional upgrades on top of that. At these prices the little things are noticed also

The idea of the carbon ceramic brakes is great, but I doubt it will ever get offered whether it was an upgrade option or standard. I'd buy it though if it was offered whether as a performance parts offering or option package on a SS.

Can you also explain why the SS front rotor size is being decreased in diameter when compared to the stock diameter rotor size? Again taking the parts we have on the shelf and making them work, instead of building upon what is already a great brake from Ford makes me think I need to build my own car. Swept area does count for something.

Also not a fan of those new wheels. Glad I got the old style SS alcoas. Just don't understand why they are using the 10-12 upper grille with the open 13 lower grille. If it is just so they can use the Super Snake Cobra wings, I think that's a mistake. If you can't use the wings with the 13 grille just use the fender wings. I'm pretty sure most people will be able to identify the car without grille wings.

Also not a fan of those new wheels. Glad I got the old style SS alcoas. Just don't understand why they are using the 10-12 upper grille with the open 13 lower grille. If it is just so they can use the Super Snake Cobra wings, I think that's a mistake. If you can't use the wings with the 13 grille just use the fender wings. I'm pretty sure most people will be able to identify the car without grille wings.

I started that rumor so don't take it to the bank. I just can't see any other reason for putting the early grille on.

And I totally agree with you on the side "wings" and not grille wings. The hood will tell you a SS is coming at you. You don't need to see the wings on the cobra to know it's a SS.

Phill

The upper grill change is going to kill sales, mine possibly being one of them. The wheels are from the same manufacturer used on the S-1000 with a different center sections. I don't like the wheels style or function, because the valve stem is inside of the center section and not easily assessable. They will also be a pain in the butt to keep looking pristine, as I believe they are a raw brushed aluminum surface from what I saw on the S-1000, but I didn't rub my hand across the surface to confirm this. If the grill change was done to accommodate the room needed for the SS wings around the cobra this was a shitty idea to make sure the badge was installed at minimum cost and thought. You're spending $35K for this upgrade, plus the optional upgrades on top of that. At these prices the little things are noticed also

The idea of the carbon ceramic brakes is great, but I doubt it will ever get offered whether it was an upgrade option or standard. I'd buy it though if it was offered whether as a performance parts offering or option package on a SS.

Can you also explain why the SS front rotor size is being decreased in diameter when compared to the stock diameter rotor size? Again taking the parts we have on the shelf and making them work, instead of building upon what is already a great brake from Ford makes me think I need to build my own car. Swept area does count for something.

With how little effort they are putting in this SS and just downgrading it in every way possible do you really think they will put in the time for carbon ceramic brakes? lol

Now, do you think we would leak the actual final parts?

Correct on the tires. No more P-Zeros. Rear wheels 11" The gille was being test fit for another design for mark up. We have been testing carbon ceramic brakes for over 9 months.

Roger

Now, do you think we would leak the actual final parts?

Correct on the tires. No more P-Zeros. Rear wheels 11" The gille was being test fit for another design for mark up. We have been testing carbon ceramic brakes for over 9 months.

Roger

I hope those wheels are not the final parts. If it is true about the carbon ceramic brakes then I'm glad I was wrong about what was going on here. You guys had me worried there for a second. Please offer those carbon ceramic brakes to the public. They will sell like crazy. I will deffiantly buy for all 4 corners.

Archived