TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S'MORE GT-Hs F/S ON EBAY (updated 8/13/12)

HERTZ II

Few more GT-Hs listed F/S on Ebay: (updated 8/13/12)

1st time '06 http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT >> AUCTION ENDED..DID NOT SELL

RELIST '06 http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT >> AUCTION ENDED..DID NOT SELL

RELIST '06 http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT >> AUCTION ENDED..DID NOT SELL

1st time? '06 http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27c9d781f5 >> AUCTION ENDED......SOLD

'06 http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT >> AUCTION ENDED..DID NOT SELL

• 2 weeks later...
Having a 66, why not keep the book ends 1966-2006?

..and that was exactly why I bought the 'O6...especially when I found out about the unrented program cars and then found one.... but I think I'm getting a little tired of all this. Doing the truck, trailer and show scene for way too many years. Tired of worrying about if it's gonna rain, what the seagulls had for lunch, how long it wlll take to re-detail the bottom of the car if I get caught in a drizzle ,etc. etc. ...lol We put about 25 miles on the 06 in the last 2 1/2 years, primarily in an out of the trailer and on and off the show field. Have wifey's bessings to sell them all and go buy one to drive. She even put her blessings on a GT500... as long as I promise to drive it.. Seriously thinking about taking her up on the offer!

Fred

..and that was exactly why I bought the 'O6...especially when I found out about the unrented program cars and then found one.... but I think I'm getting a little tired of all this. Doing the truck, trailer and show scene for way too many years. Tired of worrying about if it's gonna rain, what the seagulls had for lunch, how long it wlll take to re-detail the bottom of the car if I get caught in a drizzle ,etc. etc. ...lol We put about 25 miles on the 06 in the last 2 1/2 years, primarily in an out of the trailer and on and off the show field. Have wifey's bessings to sell them all and go buy one to drive. She even put her blessings on a GT500... as long as I promise to drive it.. Seriously thinking about taking her up on the offer!

Fred

Would love to have book ends but I must agree, if you are not using it maybe it is time to consolidate. Was not aware of the unrented program. Oh well, I guess mine has a story along with the miles. Good luck with your decission.

Would love to have book ends but I must agree, if you are not using it maybe it is time to consolidate. Was not aware of the unrented program. Oh well, I guess mine has a story along with the miles. Good luck with your decission.

The program was a special purchase (at invoice) via lottery system to qualified Hertz franchise licensees. Restrictions to the franchisee recipients were that the cars were not permitted to be put into rental service nor could they be sold for a period of two years from program rollout. The rollout was at Shelby's in Vegas and then mine was shipped to West Virginia. The Hertz dealer sold me the car two years later, almost to the day. I have some really neat pix of the roll out in front of Shelby, but I must not have photo posting rights yet, as the forum won't allow me to post them.

Fred

The program was a special purchase (at invoice) via lottery system to qualified Hertz franchise licensees. Restrictions to the franchisee recipients were that the cars were not permitted to be put into rental service nor could they be sold for a period of two years from program rollout. The rollout was at Shelby's in Vegas and then mine was shipped to West Virginia. The Hertz dealer sold me the car two years later, almost to the day. I have some really neat pix of the roll out in front of Shelby, but I must not have photo posting rights yet, as the forum won't allow me to post them.

Fred

Maybe the photos are two big. If you try to resize, I would think you could post.

Hey thanks, I guess the file size was too large... My car is on the left of the first shot. It was shipped back to W.Virgina. Blair Couch is standing next to car. He is President/CEO of Couch's Hertz in Parkersburg, West Viginia. There were 30 cars in this program. I received car with 3203 miles. 15mmflx.jpgvr81zc.jpg1582qs0.jpgn316kp.jpg

"Have wifey's bessings to sell them all and go buy one to drive"

Fred,

I saw your car at Oyster bay in 2008, I mentioned that I was looking for a GT-H, you suggested that I go on Team Shelby to see what was available. Well not to long after I bought a 2007 on Ebay (Nov. 2008). I live on long Island and I am considering selling my 2007, it is in great shape and has 28.4K miles. If you are interested let me know.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the shout, I'm not interested in on 07, but I think one of the guys in the club is. I saw him last week at our anual BBQ and when I told him that I was serioulsy thinking about selling my 06, his comment was that he would have been interested if it was a convertible, We have a meeting tomorrow night at Marjorie Post park. He should be there and I'll mention it to him.

Just an FYI, I met a few very intersesting guys at the MCA National show in Rhode Island last month. Talk about rare cars...one of the guys had one of the few '07 5 speeds, another, Peter from South Africa, although he brought his 06 that he keeps in the states, has an unrestored 1966 GT-350H 4spd, that he keeps in Germany. One of the other guys had a never rented 1966 black/gold GT-350H. Now, that would truly be a bookend for my 06..lol. I'll mention your car tomorrow night.

Fred

You never said how much you'd be wanting for your '06.

Well,

I haven't actually advertised the car yet, but will probably soon list on ebay, Hemmings, SAAC and Team Shelby. The car now has 4900 miles on it and was bought as a mate to my 66. I did not want a car that was rented and driven as such, and when I found out about these 30 un-rented program cars, once I found one that I could aford, I jumped on it. Even at that, I paid a lot more than they are being sold for now, but then again, I can't say that I've seen any unrented cars for sale as of late. I show the car primarily in MCA shows where it is in the SPD, Shelby 2006-2010 class and is a consistant 1st place winner. Recently it won 1st in class at the MCA National Show in Warwick, RI, with 0 point deductions ( incudes judging undercarriage). I'm going to list the car at $52,500, which is about what I have into and realize that the market at this level will probably be limited to someone who has a black/gold 66 and needs a near perfect mate for it. My original intentions were to show the 06 with my 66, but I'm getting tired of the show scene to be honest, and at 4900 miles and what I have into it, I'm not so sure I, personally, want to turn this car into a driver.

Fred

rvhgkn.jpg

687e4g.jpg

nnr1w9.jpg

Well,

I haven't actually advertised the car yet, but will probably soon list on ebay, Hemmings, SAAC and Team Shelby. The car now has 4900 miles on it and was bought as a mate to my 66. I did not want a car that was rented and driven as such, and when I found out about these 30 un-rented program cars, once I found one that I could aford, I jumped on it. Even at that, I paid a lot more than they are being sold for now, but then again, I can't say that I've seen any unrented cars for sale as of late. I show the car primarily in MCA shows where it is in the SPD, Shelby 2006-2010 class and is a consistant 1st place winner. Recently it won 1st in class at the MCA National Show in Warwick, RI, with 0 point deductions ( incudes judging undercarriage). I'm going to list the car at $52,500, which is about what I have into and realize that the market at this level will probably be limited to someone who has a black/gold 66 and needs a near perfect mate for it. My original intentions were to show the 06 with my 66, but I'm getting tired of the show scene to be honest, and at 4900 miles and what I have into it, I'm not so sure I, personally, want to turn this car into a driver.

Fred

rvhgkn.jpg

687e4g.jpg

nnr1w9.jpg

Wow! Nice! Very clean.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the shout, I'm not interested in on 07, but I think one of the guys in the club is. I saw him last week at our anual BBQ and when I told him that I was serioulsy thinking about selling my 06, his comment was that he would have been interested if it was a convertible, We have a meeting tomorrow night at Marjorie Post park. He should be there and I'll mention it to him.

Just an FYI, I met a few very intersesting guys at the MCA National show in Rhode Island last month. Talk about rare cars...one of the guys had one of the few '07 5 speeds, another, Peter from South Africa, although he brought his 06 that he keeps in the states, has an unrestored 1966 GT-350H 4spd, that he keeps in Germany. One of the other guys had a never rented 1966 black/gold GT-350H. Now, that would truly be a bookend for my 06..lol. I'll mention your car tomorrow night.

Fred

Fred, thanks for taking the time to mention my car to your fellow club member.

Rich

Rich,

Mike was not at the meeting last nght, but we have another tomorrow night at the Hauppauge Diner. We have two meetings each month, the second Monday at Majorie Post and the third Wed out at the Hauppauge Diner (for members who live further out on the Island), This is one of those months where both meeting dates fall in the same week. He may be at the Hauppage meeting. If not, I'll get his email address tomorrow night and give him a shout.

Fred

Archived