TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory Front License Plate Bracket

Snoopy49

Texas requires front plate. I've been stopped by local PD's and DPS numerous times for not having one. Warnings were all I ever got and most times I could tell the officers just wanted a closer look. Can’t blame them for that . . . even had I been ticketed, I would have paid fine. No front plate on my Shelby.

Oh, here in Illinois, a front plate is required also. I've never had anyone question my lack of one. Plenty of vettes cruising around without as well ;)

Also in Illinois (2011 and not a '13 SGT tho), and since I didn't want to give the cops an excuse to look at me too closely I mounted my plate- after taking some tin snips and cutting the plate down to where it's only 5 and a half inches wide. Rounded the square corners too. Still not as good as "no plate", but better than the billboard look it had.

Oh, here in Illinois, a front plate is required also. I've never had anyone question my lack of one. Plenty of vettes cruising around without as well ;)

Never take your no front plate car to the airport. The city of Chicago goes thru the lots to find them and ticket them. I have front plates on all my cars just not with drilled holes in the bumper.

Take that front plate and bend it up a little then stick it under the seat, when you get pulled over for not having the front plate on just tell the officer it came off when you went through the car wash a few days ago and you are waiting for ford to send you a new bracket.

Take that front plate and bend it up a little then stick it under the seat, when you get pulled over for not having the front plate on just tell the officer it came off when you went through the car wash a few days ago and you are waiting for ford to send you a new bracket.

Being in the Army I can get my tag changed over in Alabama which has one tag for the back.

I really hate the thought of putting a front plate on the car, but this car is going to attract a lot of attention when it comes to law enforcement. I don't want to be pulled over for something as silly as a missing front plate. Especially when it could have been easily avoided..

Most of the time you can cross a field with a bull in it and not have a problem, but if you do it enough times you will get a horn up your butt. I have enough problems with my butt, I don't need a horn up it.

It would have been nice if Ford had taking the front plate into consideration when they designed the front bumper and incorporated it's mounting into the design.

I will be getting one of these brackets as soon as I get word my car is being built.

• 4 weeks later...

Move to Michigan! You don't need a front plate. Of course you won't have a job either. So you can sit in your front yard, look at your Shelby in the driveway with no plate on it and dream about being able to buy gas for it if you just had a job. You could drink a beer while you contemplate this but you probably won't be able to afford the beer either. :hysterical:

I really hate the thought of putting a front plate on the car, but this car is going to attract a lot of attention when it comes to law enforcement. I don't want to be pulled over for something as silly as a missing front plate. Especially when it could have been easily avoided..

Most of the time you can cross a field with a bull in it and not have a problem, but if you do it enough times you will get a horn up your butt. I have enough problems with my butt, I don't need a horn up it.

It would have been nice if Ford had taking the front plate into consideration when they designed the front bumper and incorporated it's mounting into the design.

I will be getting one of these brackets as soon as I get word my car is being built.

Well... Finally got a "horn up my butt", so to speak. :rant:

Last Friday night at midnight I had to run to the 24 hour Wawa. It was a beautiful night and thought I'd take my Shelby. On the way home a local officer pulls me over and asks 20 questions. I keep asking, "what did I do wrong?"

Eventually he says, "did you loose your license plate?" Why no officer. :blush: Its at home. Okay. I'm not giving you a ticket. Have a great evening.

He was just fishing for drunks. I will start keeping it in my car. But will not mount it.

There is a better solution. A retractable motorized license plate holder. Retract it so it's not displayed, then if you get pulled over, flip it up prior to stopping and then politely say to the Officer that you do have a front plate , and ask "What did it fall off or something?" and then he'll walk up to the front and then see it.. Then drive away happy with out a tag, unless you have a suspended license or something else wrong.... here is the link to it:

Front Plate Only...

To order it:

http://www.rpidesign...spx?itemid=1411

Video demonstration:

Or if you want to hide both plates like if you were showing your vehicle at a car show and you don't want anyone taking pictures of your plate here is the link for that product:

http://www.hideplates.com/collections/frontpage/products/car-plates-hiding-kit-usa-and-canada-model

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I bought the retractable license plate show and go from Altec, it is an easy install, the only draw back is that it is made for a flat installation, however for the 2013, you can easily install with the metal support it comes included.

A piece of advice...don't buy the motorized one, got to be te manual, as it fits perfectly in the mid section of the lower part of the bumper.

I will send pictures as soon as I return from overseas, as the car is home waiting for my arrival.

Safe ride

braztang

I will send pictures as soon as I return from overseas, as the car is home waiting for my arrival.

Safe ride

braztang

Where are you at overseas? I am at FOB Spin Boldak in Afghanistan right on the Pakistan border about 30 minutes from the largest concentration of Taliban over here.

Where are you at overseas? I am at FOB Spin Boldak in Afghanistan right on the Pakistan border about 30 minutes from the largest concentration of Taliban over here.

Hey man, I was there and also spent sometime in Mazar El Sharif and Herat last year.

Now I am doing an assessment in Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia. I will be back in NYC next week if all goes as planned.

Take care and watch your six,

Stay safe,

Luiz

Hey VaporDude, Look at my pic in this thread. It does work! Just requires longer bolts, denohew

Longer bolts came with the bracket, it works very well on my 2011.

I like this bracket because it mounts lower than Craig's (which I tried first) is really sturdy and looks better IMHO. If you hit a curb, you should be able to just bend it back.

To all you non just a couple of beer drinkers, go for no front plate. But I occasionally drink a few beers and drive home from like Chili's or just a good dinner some where else. I am by no means drunk but I just don't want the hassle of getting pulled over at 2 am for no front plate! I have a cop friend and he told me that he only pulls people over for the front plate after midnight just to check the driver out. I DO NOT drive drunk but maybe a little buzzed and I don't need the hassle! Being legal is awsome even if you have to put that plate on! Just find a no drill mount that does not look hidious , like trailer re-builders and you will be ok! Am I the only one that realizes this? denohew

Hey guys, here some pictures of my front plate bracket.

Installation is easy, a few little details needed. If people interested I will describe installation steps.

The bracket is made for a flat surface, since ours is not flat, it required a different screws from the ones that came with the bracket.

Let me know, I will be happy to share it.

Regards

Braztang.

Archived