TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordering products from Shelby

spoucher

I've ordered many products from Shelby over the past few years. I'm very happy when I receive these products but the only downside is that it takes a long time for them to arrive. I believe that when you order something on line you should only have to wait maybe a week for your product to arrive. I know everytime I order something from Shelby I have to wait at least 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. I'm waiting on a product that I ordered last Friday and it's Wednesday and the product hasn't even been processed and shipped out. Shelby offers no expedited shipping when ordering products. I believe that Shelby figures they have a monopoly on these products and they pretty much don't care about how long people wait for them. I don't like to wait on anything and most people don't like to wait. Especially when spending what Shelby charges. I know Shelby makes a lot of money off these products they sell and it seems they should focus a bit more on customer service. Don't know if anyone else feels like this but I'm hoping that Shelby will see this post and use it as constructive advice on how to make it's customers more happy.

If they had the items "In Stock", then yes, I would think it should take no more the 24 Hours to get your Order, Pull the Items, Pack the Items and then Ship the Items. I would think that if the Order was received before Lunch then it should go out the same Day. BUT, if the items are NOT in Stock and are Drop Shipped from another Vinder then all bets are off.

Shelby PP is NOT like American Muscle. It's a very small operation and their order processing is a 2-3 day process.

My own personal opinion is that they do need to improve order processing as well as shipping. As I said, it's a pretty small operation and it will take more time than the larger suppliers. Additionally, it appears that Shelby is out of stock on many items at any given time. Small operations can't afford to have a lot of money tied up in inventory sitting on the shelf and as such they have to wait for manufacturers to get more product back to Shelby.

Another point that bothers me is the lack of supplemental material, instructions, adapters, bolts, etc. It seems as though they supply parts but not ALL the parts which can be frustrating.

Lots of room for improvement , IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I feel that SPP is somewhat inept. Either that or they may be only an internet "front" for a middle-man ordering operation, but hopefully I'm wrong. I've been waiting on a brake duct system for my Shelby GT literally for years. Production of the original system ceased, and a new system was in the works for months and months. Finally, it allegedly was available, however when I ordered it, it was "out of stock". This does make me wonder if it really exists, I must admit. If it does, and if it is ever in stock again (I signed up for the email notice back in July), hopefully at that time I again have the cash available before it disappears again. I think most would agree that a good business should not run this way.

My order process is coming up on 1 year.

Clearly an anomoly that needs correcting or explanation. Please email me any details you can ASAP, I'll begin looking into it immediately:

JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

Personally, I feel that SPP is somewhat inept. Either that or they may be only an internet "front" for a middle-man ordering operation, but hopefully I'm wrong. I've been waiting on a brake duct system for my Shelby GT literally for years. Production of the original system ceased, and a new system was in the works for months and months. Finally, it allegedly was available, however when I ordered it, it was "out of stock". This does make me wonder if it really exists, I must admit. If it does, and if it is ever in stock again (I signed up for the email notice back in July), hopefully at that time I again have the cash available before it disappears again. I think most would agree that a good business should not run this way.

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. News ASAP. You're on my list of interested parties (a charter member, I figure). Drop me a line anytime:

JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. News ASAP. You're on my list of interested parties (a charter member, I figure). Drop me a line anytime:

JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

Thanks Jer!

• 2 weeks later...

Ilmor:

Sorry you missed out again this week.

The next batch is ALMOST ready, just waiting on one part, then we should be good to go with plenty for everyone.

Ditto for the GT500 version. I will call you myself when they are back in stock.

Ohio Snake:

Did you get your complete order?

Jer

Ilmor:

Sorry you missed out again this week.

The next batch is ALMOST ready, just waiting on one part, then we should be good to go with plenty for everyone.

Ditto for the GT500 version. I will call you myself when they are back in stock.

Jer

I was gonna say this sounds strange because when the last batch became available, (early May?) I told a co-worker about it and he had his within a week. Now granted he only wanted the bezels and not the complete system, which may be the difference.

At least you have the luxury of contact, sir. That's one part I love is that SAI people are floating around the forums constantly.

I ordered a chill mat from a large company called Targus for my fairly high end laptop in mid July due to a malfunction of the product initially. Free replacement, but I just received an email today saying it'll be here this week.

Point is: all companies are different, but for a "small" company like Shelby parts, they sure do a great job!

I was gonna say this sounds strange because when the last batch became available, (early May?) I told a co-worker about it and he had his within a week. Now granted he only wanted the bezels and not the complete system, which may be the difference.

That's the whole difference. I've got PLENTY of bezels for both kits, just PM me for something simple like that. No lines, no waiting.

The complete brake duct kits have been selling out with great frequency, so I stepped up the quantity of all the neccessary parts we ordered this time. They also need to be assembled into kits, which takes time, and the techs who do it are busy building cars at the same time. Only then does the kit show "in stock". It's the same routine with loaded dash gauge pods, BTW.

I signed up a full-time pre-assembly guy this week. He's assigned to do that as his main task. So, all 3 of those products will now be MUCH easier to find in stock.

Jer

That's the whole difference. I've got PLENTY of bezels for both kits, just PM me for something simple like that. No lines, no waiting.

The complete brake duct kits have been selling out with great frequency, so I stepped up the quantity of all the neccessary parts we ordered this time. They also need to be assembled into kits, which takes time, and the techs who do it are busy building cars at the same time. Only then does the kit show "in stock". It's the same routine with loaded dash gauge pods, BTW.

I signed up a full-time pre-assembly guy this week. He's assigned to do that as his main task. So, all 3 of those products will now be MUCH easier to find in stock.

Jer

Since you're working this fine holiday weekend I have a question too.

Any brake duct bezels on the horizon for the 2010-2012s? I understand the 09 will work with some fine tuning but it would be nice for a proper set that doesn't need tuning.

Since you're working this fine holiday weekend I have a question too.

Any brake duct bezels on the horizon for the 2010-2012s? I understand the 09 will work with some fine tuning but it would be nice for a proper set that doesn't need tuning.

On my to-do list.

Honestly, I haven't been able to give it any attention yet, but I certainly will. I'll post pix when we've got something good.

Jer

You got a lot on your plate Jer ;) Good luck with it all

I'm excited, there's plenty to do, and we're already making progress and doing some good stuff.

It's a great team, I'm in good company.

Jer

Archived