TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch drag TSB 4th revision - $1,438.18 if you have to pay for it

Grabber

GT500THUNDER , I heard rumors of a fall run but nothing definite. Would likely consider that one if everything works out. Looks like your GT500 is the opposite color of mine. Mine is white with blue stripes.

I had forgotten how well this thing works. I think the clutch wears and grabs less at a relatively slow rate and you don't really notice it . Until a new clutch reminds you of how it should have been all along. The difference is amazing . You can be sure when ever we see another Shelby we always check them out , usually stopping for a quick chat if they are parked. So quite possible our paths may cross one day.

Mark

To the fella that did this without a hoist...my hat is off to you! Mark

Ha! Thanks. You got yours done in 1/3 the time it took me. I plan to have a hoist by the time I ever have to do this job again, or I won't be the one doing it.

I'm well past my 300 mile break in now, and getting more aggressive. Can't wait to hit the track!

Enjoy the ride.

Ha! Thanks. You got yours done in 1/3 the time it took me. I plan to have a hoist by the time I ever have to do this job again, or I won't be the one doing it.

I'm well past my 300 mile break in now, and getting more aggressive. Can't wait to hit the track!

Enjoy the ride.

Yes I want a hoist as well. The only problem is I didn't think of it before and now my garage has infloor heat pipes. I don't dare go drilling holes. When the time comes I will have to look into alternatives. Thought maybe I can pour a pad on the existing floor and bolt to that. A project for another day......now I just want to drive my car! Won't be too long and she will be put away for the winter. Mark

Yes I want a hoist as well. The only problem is I didn't think of it before and now my garage has infloor heat pipes. I don't dare go drilling holes. When the time comes I will have to look into alternatives. Thought maybe I can pour a pad on the existing floor and bolt to that. A project for another day......now I just want to drive my car! Won't be too long and she will be put away for the winter. Mark

If you go four post BendPak has the HD-7P that has an optional caster kit. Kind of a lighter weight lift, but should handle most cars.

Wouldn't need to drill any holes for that one.

Edited by wingsnut

Clutch Drag TSB 10-3-8 (4th revision 2010 clutch set up) - Prices for labor and materials if you have to pay for it.

This post is to help those that are out of warranty and want to get the 2010 clutch TSB done on their car. The parts listed below are the latest part numbers that are currently being installed on cars under warranty. In fact my wife just had all this work done on her 2009 Shelby GT500 and it drives great now. The clutch is very smooth and every take off is perfect for her. Personally I like the way this set up drives and operates and will be having it installed on my car by the Senior Master Tech at my ford dealership. After Driving my wifes car…..I gotta have it. It’s that nice !

I have found that Tasca Ford has the parts for the best price. They offer the parts for $303 cheaper than most ford parts stores. The shipping is about $50 bucks to get all the parts delivered. Below are Tasca Fords prices. A dealer should charge you no more than 5.1 hours to install all these parts.

If you have not modified your car past a Pulley and a Cold air Intake, this system will last along time in your car. Please do not turn this thread into a Clutch bashing thread on the Ford system. I am quite aware that the after market clutch systems are more suited for cars that have bigger Super Chargers.

Tasca Ford’s Parts phone number: 1-800-915-3141

CLUTCH ASY - $495.99

Part #: CR3Z7B546A

Pack Qty: 1

FLYWHEEL ASY - $167.38

Part #: AR3Z6375A

SLEEVE (pilot bearing) - $8.71

Part #: F6ZZ7600A

CYLINDER ASY - CLUTCH SLAVE - $165.33

Part #: DR3Z-7A508-A (was part# AR3Z7A508A)

BOLT - $2.01 each x 6 = $12.06

Part #: N808969S100

Pack Qty: 6 bolts needed

LUBRICANT – TEFLON - $6.35

Part #: XG8

TUBE (hydrolic clutch line) - $53.23

Part #: AR3Z7A512A

FLUID – BRAKE - $3.16

Part #: PM1C

BOLT - HEX.HEAD - $2.45 x 8 = $19.60

Part #: F6ZZ6379AA

Pack Qty: 8 bolts needed

Total = $931.81 Tasca Ford price ($303.02 savings)

Ford price = $1,234.83

Labor books out at 5.1 hours at $99.29 per hour = $506.37

Labor and materials = $1,438.18 for the total job.

Hi Grabber!

First of all I want to introduce myself - I´m from AUSTRIA and I´m a prowed owner of a 07er GT500.

Sorry for my bad English but I try to give my best!

I have my Shelby since four years and after a week and 24000 miles the clutch is gone...Now I have installed a OEM clutch+flywheel+shorter slave from the next model 2012 - but it doesn´t work fine! The problem is, that i can´t shift into the first gear or in the reverse gear when engine is running and also the clutch pedal is pressed to the bottom it doesn´t really desclutch! I have bleed the clutch system like ford manual over many hours but nothing is better - the pressure from the clutch pedal seems normal there is no slacknass - Hope you understand what i mean - i am desperate! Sometimes i think that the new (shorter) slave (Part # AR3Z-7A508-AA) is too short? Do you have any idea what i can do?

Best regards from Austria!

Hi Grabber!

First of all I want to introduce myself - I´m from AUSTRIA and I´m a prowed owner of a 07er GT500.

Sorry for my bad English but I try to give my best!

I have my Shelby since four years and after a week and 24000 miles the clutch is gone...Now I have installed a OEM clutch+flywheel+shorter slave from the next model 2012 - but it doesn´t work fine! The problem is, that i can´t shift into the first gear or in the reverse gear when engine is running and also the clutch pedal is pressed to the bottom it doesn´t really desclutch! I have bleed the clutch system like ford manual over many hours but nothing is better - the pressure from the clutch pedal seems normal there is no slacknass - Hope you understand what i mean - i am desperate! Sometimes i think that the new (shorter) slave (Part # AR3Z-7A508-AA) is too short? Do you have any idea what i can do?

Best regards from Austria!

So you used the vacuum pump system to bleed the clutch ? Hope so.

Try pumping the clutch pedal 20 times before you start the car. Do this several times and see if it makes any difference. Are you a mechanic and did you do the work personally ?

When I bled my clutch ( using a vacuum pump) my car did the same thing you describe. I repeated the bleed procedure a few more times and tried again until it was better. Just curious...did you change the hydraulic line as well? Mark

Hi Mark - thanks for answer!

I´m also using a vacuum pump (own construction) but it dosen´t work - I repeated also the bleed procedure again and again but no success, I can´t shift in the reverse gear during engine is running.

I haven´t changed the hydraulic line - is it necessary?

Hi Mark - thanks for answer!

I´m also using a vacuum pump (own construction) but it dosen´t work - I repeated also the bleed procedure again and again but no success, I can´t shift in the reverse gear during engine is running.

I haven´t changed the hydraulic line - is it necessary?

Yes it is required. The flow was increased with the new line size. That is why it is listed as a part # in the TSB.

So you used the vacuum pump system to bleed the clutch ? Hope so.

Try pumping the clutch pedal 20 times before you start the car. Do this several times and see if it makes any difference. Are you a mechanic and did you do the work personally ?

Hi Grabber - thanks for answer! Yes, i used a vacuum pump (own construction) but it seems it doesn´t work - I have bleed the system like the manual procedure again and again but no improvement. Pumping the clutch pedal like you say - also no improvement. I don´t know what I can do now? May be the used vacuum pump is defect or doesn´t work. The next problem is that this hydraulic system isn´t known in European cars, coz every system has a bleeding valve! On one of your pictures I have seen a special bleeding system from the mechanic who repairs your clutch - may be I have to use the same machine but I don´t know in which garage in my city such one is avaiable....could it be that the new clutch is defect?

I would upload some pictures from my vacuum pump but I´m not able to do this - don´t know how...?

And no, I´m not a mechanic - but the change of the clutch was be done by a mechanic from a ford garage - but you must know in my city (population 300.000) I am the one and only with a GT500 so you can understand the experience from the mechanic - especially bleeding clutch like this system...

Best regards

Hannes

Hi Grabber! Are you sure? If I understand right - I have to order the TUBE (hydrolic clutch line) Part #: AR3Z7A512A?

I was told that the inside diameter of the new hydrolic line was a little bit bigger circumference to allow more flow. The part that is listed on the TSB is there for a reason. also the specific instructions on installing all the parts and the special tools needs are critical to a successful installation. If the procedure and parts are not followed....it's hard to figure out why your system does not work.

Hi Grabber!

I understand - its not really logical (new slave is shorter - so may be also less volume fluid) but otherwise for me the explanation! I have looked on eBay for this item and now I am a little bit unsure because I have found this part number but it will fit only for GT500 from 2007-2010. My problem is now that my clutch set is from a 2012 GT500 - but i think it is the same flywheel+clutch+slave like 2010?

If you want take a look: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-AR3Z7A512A-GENUINE-OEM-FACTORY-ORIGINAL-HYDRAULIC-LINES-/121163200551?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c35e3b827&vxp=mtr#ht_786wt_1255

Do you think it will fit?

Hi Grabber!

I understand - its not really logical (new slave is shorter - so may be also less volume fluid) but otherwise for me the explanation! I have looked on eBay for this item and now I am a little bit unsure because I have found this part number but it will fit only for GT500 from 2007-2010. My problem is now that my clutch set is from a 2012 GT500 - but i think it is the same flywheel+clutch+slave like 2010?

If you want take a look: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-AR3Z7A512A-GENUINE-OEM-FACTORY-ORIGINAL-HYDRAULIC-LINES-/121163200551?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c35e3b827&vxp=mtr#ht_786wt_1255

Do you think it will fit?

If you were a Ford Dealer and went onto the OASIS system right now today and looked up the TSB to do a new clutch in a 2007 GT500 with the new 2010 parts....this is the list of parts the Ford site would tell you to order:

TSB

10-3-8

PART NUMBER PART NAME AR3Z-6375-A Flywheel AR3Z-7B546-A Clutch 7R3Z-7C391-B Transmission Kit XG-8 Motorcraft® PTFE Lubricant XT-5-QM Motorcraft® MERCON® V Automatic Transmission Fluid PM-1-C Motorcraft® High Performance DOT 3 Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid XG-1-C Motorcraft® Premium Long-Life Grease TA-30 Motorcraft® Silicone Gasket and Sealant TA-25 Motorcraft® Threadlock and Sealer F6ZZ-7600-A Pilot Bearing 1R3Z-7052-AA Transmission Input Shaft Oil Seal AR3Z-7A508-A Clutch Slave Cylinder AR3Z-7A512-A Clutch Slave Tube N808969-S100 Clutch Bolt (6 required) F6ZZ-6379-AA Flywheel Bolt (8 required)

Edited by Grabber

Is Ford still doing TSB on 2007 GT500? Mine was built in July 2006, now with 6,300 on the clock. Last year I asked my local Ford dealer and they were told no. Same answer when I asked them to fix rearend howl.

I understand but don't at the same time.

Is Ford still doing TSB on 2007 GT500? Mine was built in July 2006, now with 6,300 on the clock. Last year I asked my local Ford dealer and they were told no. Same answer when I asked them to fix rearend howl.

I understand but don't at the same time.

TSB is the Technical Service Bulletin so the mechanic knows the known procedure and parts list to fix the car. Who pays for it is a different story. Hence the thread.

Edited by Grabber

If you were a Ford Dealer and went onto the OASIS system right now today and looked up the TSB to do a new clutch in a 2007 GT500 with the new 2010 parts....this is the list of parts the Ford site would tell you to order:

TSB

10-3-8

PART NUMBER PART NAME AR3Z-6375-A Flywheel AR3Z-7B546-A Clutch 7R3Z-7C391-B Transmission Kit XG-8 Motorcraft® PTFE Lubricant XT-5-QM Motorcraft® MERCON® V Automatic Transmission Fluid PM-1-C Motorcraft® High Performance DOT 3 Motor Vehicle Brake Fluid XG-1-C Motorcraft® Premium Long-Life Grease TA-30 Motorcraft® Silicone Gasket and Sealant TA-25 Motorcraft® Threadlock and Sealer F6ZZ-7600-A Pilot Bearing 1R3Z-7052-AA Transmission Input Shaft Oil Seal AR3Z-7A508-A Clutch Slave Cylinder AR3Z-7A512-A Clutch Slave Tube N808969-S100 Clutch Bolt (6 required) F6ZZ-6379-AA Flywheel Bolt (8 required)

Good mornig Grabber!

Basically I have ordered all the parts from the list above except the Clutch Slave Tube (AR3Z-7A512-A) and some other small parts like Brake Fluid, Shaft Oil, because we used the same lubricants from Europe. The replacement did a professional mechanic, it was done in about 4 hours.

So, I think you are right - the fault was that we have´t changed the hydrolic clutch line! But nobody knows that this is also to do - we have no information in Europe about that. It is also incredible that Ford changed the diameter from the clutch line - so i can only say it again, I believe you are right - I will replace my slave tube with the tube from the list above!

Thanks a lot for your support!!

Best regards from AUSTRIA/Graz (Birthplace from the Terminator/Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Hannes

Good mornig Grabber!

Basically I have ordered all the parts from the list above except the Clutch Slave Tube (AR3Z-7A512-A) and some other small parts like Brake Fluid, Shaft Oil, because we used the same lubricants from Europe. The replacement did a professional mechanic, it was done in about 4 hours.

So, I think you are right - the fault was that we have´t changed the hydrolic clutch line! But nobody knows that this is also to do - we have no information in Europe about that. It is also incredible that Ford changed the diameter from the clutch line - so i can only say it again, I believe you are right - I will replace my slave tube with the tube from the list above!

Thanks a lot for your support!!

Best regards from AUSTRIA/Graz (Birthplace from the Terminator/Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Hannes

Let us know the outcome of this and verify that this solved your problem by changing out the Clutch Slave Tube (AR3Z-7A512-A.

Let us know the outcome of this and verify that this solved your problem by changing out the Clutch Slave Tube (AR3Z-7A512-A.

Hi Grabber - sorry for exhausting but now I am a little confused! There are two partnumbers avaiable: AR3Z-7A512-A is from 02/26/09 - 03/22/10 and BR3Z-7A512-AA is from 03/22/10 - 04/30/12. Is there a different between this tubes? I have installed a clutch from a 2012er model - must I order BR3Z-7A512-AA?

Do you know a answer?

http://www.lakelandfordparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=9323373&ukey_assembly=1132193&ukey_make=0&ukey_model=0&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

Hi Grabber - sorry for exhausting but now I am a little confused! There are two partnumbers avaiable: AR3Z-7A512-A is from 02/26/09 - 03/22/10 and BR3Z-7A512-AA is from 03/22/10 - 04/30/12. Is there a different between this tubes? I have installed a clutch from a 2012er model - must I order BR3Z-7A512-AA?

Do you know a answer?

http://www.lakelandfordparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=9323373&ukey_assembly=1132193&ukey_make=0&ukey_model=0&ukey_driveline=0&ukey_trimlevel=0&modelYear=0

Ford is always changing the part numbers and not necessarily the part itself. My best advice to you is to contact Ford Parts at a Ford dealership and tell them what you want to order and see if they now have a new cross reference "new" part number for that same part. Like I said....they change the darn numbers all the time. Talk to someone in person.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about this part: "TUBE (hydrolic clutch line) - $53.23 Part #: AR3Z7A512A" I was told it is plastic?

What does everyone think about replacing it with a Braided Stainless Steel Hydraulic Clutch Line? They can be purchased form American Muscle for $59.99. http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-hydraulic-clutchline-0514v8.html

post-40772-0-12562700-1378751822_thumb.jpg

post-40772-0-12562700-1378751822_thumb.jpg

I have a question about this part: "TUBE (hydrolic clutch line) - $53.23 Part #: AR3Z7A512A" I was told it is plastic?

What does everyone think about replacing it with a Braided Stainless Steel Hydraulic Clutch Line? They can be purchased form American Muscle for $59.99. http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-hydraulic-clutchline-0514v8.html

Hi Force-Fed - tomorrow I´ll install the new Clutch Line from McLeod - it´s the same TUBE you have posted - after installing I´ll describe (hopefully) improvement...

Today I have installed the new tube line and bleed the system again and again - but the problem isn´t gone!! Can´t shift into 1. gear and reverse gear when engine is running! I am really desperate - don´t know what i can to now! Tomorrow we will remove the gearbox again - maybe the slave cylinder doesn´t work correct - somebody any idea??

Today I have installed the new tube line and bleed the system again and again - but the problem isn´t gone!! Can´t shift into 1. gear and reverse gear when engine is running! I am really desperate - don´t know what i can to now! Tomorrow we will remove the gearbox again - maybe the slave cylinder doesn´t work correct - somebody any idea??

Now it´s clear - the pressure plate is damaged, there are some springs bent!! Super, I have bought this clutch set last year from an American guy on eBay - the items are new, rebuild from an 2012 GT500 with only 5 miles on it - this was the describtion on eBay!! Now I understand why this guy has dismantled the clutch.....now I can buy a clutch set again....I´m really happy! I have found a new OEM Clutch Set again on eBay - from TASCA PARTS, do anybody know this Company, can I trust them? I think this items will fit:http://www.ebay.at/itm/230824028153?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Best regards from an disapointed AUSTRIAN

Now it´s clear - the pressure plate is damaged, there are some springs bent!! Super, I have bought this clutch set last year from an American guy on eBay - the items are new, rebuild from an 2012 GT500 with only 5 miles on it - this was the describtion on eBay!! Now I understand why this guy has dismantled the clutch.....now I can buy a clutch set again....I´m really happy! I have found a new OEM Clutch Set again on eBay - from TASCA PARTS, do anybody know this Company, can I trust them? I think this items will fit:http://www.ebay.at/itm/230824028153?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Best regards from an disapointed AUSTRIAN

Don't have an answer for ya, but can feel your frustrations.

I'm guessing Tasca Parts is a partner to Bob Tasca Ford.