TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch drag TSB 4th revision - $1,438.18 if you have to pay for it

Grabber

Clutch Drag TSB 10-3-8 (4th revision 2010 clutch set up) - Prices for labor and materials if you have to pay for it.

This post is to help those that are out of warranty and want to get the 2010 clutch TSB done on their car. The parts listed below are the latest part numbers that are currently being installed on cars under warranty. In fact my wife just had all this work done on her 2009 Shelby GT500 and it drives great now. The clutch is very smooth and every take off is perfect for her. Personally I like the way this set up drives and operates and will be having it installed on my car by the Senior Master Tech at my ford dealership. After Driving my wifes car…..I gotta have it. It’s that nice !

I have found that Tasca Ford has the parts for the best price. They offer the parts for $303 cheaper than most ford parts stores. The shipping is about $50 bucks to get all the parts delivered. Below are Tasca Fords prices. A dealer should charge you no more than 5.1 hours to install all these parts.

If you have not modified your car past a Pulley and a Cold air Intake, this system will last along time in your car. Please do not turn this thread into a Clutch bashing thread on the Ford system. I am quite aware that the after market clutch systems are more suited for cars that have bigger Super Chargers.

Tasca Ford’s Parts phone number: 1-800-915-3141

CLUTCH ASY - $495.99

Part #: CR3Z7B546A

Pack Qty: 1

FLYWHEEL ASY - $167.38

Part #: AR3Z6375A

SLEEVE (pilot bearing) - $8.71

Part #: F6ZZ7600A

CYLINDER ASY - CLUTCH SLAVE - $165.33

Part #: DR3Z-7A508-A (was part# AR3Z7A508A)

BOLT - $2.01 each x 6 = $12.06

Part #: N808969S100

Pack Qty: 6 bolts needed

LUBRICANT – TEFLON - $6.35

Part #: XG8

TUBE (hydrolic clutch line) - $53.23

Part #: AR3Z7A512A

FLUID – BRAKE - $3.16

Part #: PM1C

BOLT - HEX.HEAD - $2.45 x 8 = $19.60

Part #: F6ZZ6379AA

Pack Qty: 8 bolts needed

Total = $931.81 Tasca Ford price ($303.02 savings)

Ford price = $1,234.83

Labor books out at 5.1 hours at $99.29 per hour = $506.37

Labor and materials = $1,438.18 for the total job.

Edited by Grabber
Slave cylinder part # was changed to DR3Z-7A508-A

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I want to say that this 2010 clutch drives so nice. My wife had the TSB done last month in her 2009 under warranty and I have been fortunate to drive it and test it a few times. After driving her car and then driving mine….I had to have it. This clutch is so drivable and smooth and never any chatter. No need to feather the clutch or give the car high revs to make a smooth release. It is such a pleasure to drive. So much more fun to to drive this car now. A dream !!!

Here’s the new 2010 big duel disc clutch with the organic pads.

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

Here’s the new 2010 flywheel

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

Edited by Grabber

Bleeding the clutch takes about 20 minutes to do it correctly. Dan puts a flash light on top of the reservoir so he can see the air bubbles coming out of the hydraulic line. Then he pumps the clutch a bunch of times and more air comes out. He does this for about 20 minutes. We then did a test drive together.

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

So that was your 08 old set up, looked to me that their was already some hot spots on the pressure plate and the clutch had some burn marks on it?

So you just wanted a clutch that was lighter to peddle ? Your old set up was working ok..

Mine must look really bad by now. I'll have to install that Spec clutch. Wish that mechanic worked here, I like the way he does his work.

So that was your 08 old set up, looked to me that their was already some hot spots on the pressure plate and the clutch had some burn marks on it?

So you just wanted a clutch that was lighter to peddle ? Your old set up was working ok..

Mine must look really bad by now. I'll have to install that Spec clutch. Wish that mechanic worked here, I like the way he does his work.

There were some hot spots on it. The unit was working fine but after driving my wifes 2009 with the new 2010 set up in her car, it was such a pleasure. I never knew what I was missing till I drove her new set up. It's not just that it has a light pedal, it's the fact that the clutch release is so smooth and controlled. It is awesome to drive. If you drove it, you would understand.

Look at my signature and you will see that my other set up is 4 years old and it has about 5500 miles on it. It is a chattering clutch and you have to work at getting the clutch to release smoothly by over reving it and feathering the clutch. Those days are now over. Now I can just drive the car and enjoy it. This new clutch is great for everyday driving and hills and normal stuff. I do not plan on adding any more HP so it will be fine for me. My Pulley and CAI / VMP tune is plenty and this clutch will handle that just fine.happy%20feet.gif

Edited by Grabber

I edited post #1 to change the Slave cylinder part number because Ford has changed this part number. For some reason they change the first letter of the part from A to D

The new part number is:

CYLINDER ASY - CLUTCH SLAVE - $165.33

Part #: DR3Z-7A508-A (was part# AR3Z7A508A)

Make sure your Ford Tech uses the 2010 Clutch and flywheel installation instructions when installing the 2010 clutch on a 2007 - 2009 GT500. The torque spec's are different. The TSB tells them to use the 2010 procedure, but it does not hurt to remind them.

Here is the 2010 clutch install procedure

2010 GT500 Clutch installation manual.pdf

2010 GT500 Clutch installation manual.pdf

Great thread, Rob. For those not going with high HP, the 10 clutch is the way to go, no chatter, no hang up, and no embarrassment when driving!! The late 08-09 set-up and early TSB seriously makes those that know how to drive manual transmissions well, stall the cars constantly and shudder the car to no end...Royal Purple too, is the way to go...better than anything else out there for these transmissions.

Alex

I have one question, I went to the TASCA PARTS website to order everything and noticed the slave cylinder is still being recognized under the old "A" part number. Will this automatically convert over to the new "D" number, or should I call them to ensure the new number is what's shipped?

I have one question, I went to the TASCA PARTS website to order everything and noticed the slave cylinder is still being recognized under the old "A" part number. Will this automatically convert over to the new "D" number, or should I call them to ensure the new number is what's shipped?

When I ordered mine from Tasca I ordered the A number part number on the Slave and they converted it over and sent me the D one. I placed my order over the phone and that might be the better way to go. That way you can get all the questions answered and he will give you shipping costs.

If he asks you for your vin # and year of car...make sure you also tell him you are ordering the parts for the TSB and that they are the 2010 parts or he will send you the wrong part.

Edited by Grabber

Great thread, Rob. For those not going with high HP, the 10 clutch is the way to go, no chatter, no hang up, and no embarrassment when driving!! The late 08-09 set-up and early TSB seriously makes those that know how to drive manual transmissions well, stall the cars constantly and shudder the car to no end...Royal Purple too, is the way to go...better than anything else out there for these transmissions.

Alex

Alex, I got so used to compensating for the chatter of that old clutch by over revving and mastering the feather technique. Those days are over now that I have this new 2010 Ford clutch. Besides that I have not read about a single failure yet and it has been going in the cars for over 2 years now and also look at all the 2011 and 2012 cars that have this same clutch and no problems !Royal Purple is great fluid and makes the tranny feel so much smoother. I could tell right away that it made a difference. For those of you doing the clutch, you should bring your Ford Tech 4 quarts of Royal Purple Syncromash synthetic Manual transmission fluid. It is very easy for him to put in when the tranny is out or you can do it yourself when the tranny is in. It takes 3.65 Quarts of the fluid. Attached is the PDF file on how to change it. There is a drain plug and a fill plug. Don' forget to use the thread sealant when you put the plugs back.2007 GT500 Transmission drain & fill procedure.pdf

th_038-1.jpg

th_039-1.jpg

th_002-1.jpg

th_003-1.jpg

th_004-1.jpg

th_005-1.jpg

th_006-1.jpg

2007 GT500 Transmission drain & fill procedure.pdf