TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kind of a newbie and in need of some answers! This one is crazy

Okay I have a 2007 GT500. It has been called a freak car because with only 113 mm FRPP intake and a pulley and tune it did 555 RWHP and 568 tourqe. So of course that wasn't enough and the mod bug bit me hard.

I fist installed a dual fan HE, then got a 2.3 l VMP TVS blower from VMP and their elbow. I'm running the 2.5 upper pulley with the 2008+ harmonic balancer (lower) with the VMP 90mm tensioner (no belt slippage at all). So back to the dyno, keep in mind still had the stock throttle body and 113 mm intake. Completely stock fuel, and exhaust except for axel back KR mufflers. I pulled a 665 RWHP and 686 Tourque on 16 pound of boost, 93 octane by the way! Again completely shocking everyone. Then stupidity kicked in again I had to get to 700+ why? I don't friggin know why. Sickness I guess.

So pulled out the wallet and bought the 65mm cobra jet throttle body and bigger morso tanks. I thought okay this will do it and back to the dyno. Pulled a 656 and 662 at 17 psi. What, down in power uet up in boost? I was told it was due to the weather and heat soak. My tune and A/F has been perfect. Not sure on timing? So next I was told that maybe a bigger intake would also help so k could see the benifits of my cobra jet TB. I was warmed though i may max out my stock injectors and have to send them out to VMP to be flowed to 72 lbs. So a month later I saved up and purchased a 127 mm JLT intake this is where it gets weird!! (also during this time I did the best mod to date drag radials putting that power to the ground finally and wow what a difference but still chasing that number).

So I go back to the dyno the other day and the car pulls 662 and 668, still down from my best which was on a 113 intake and stock throttle body. What was so weird is I now have 19lbs of boost. WTF so lets get this straight. Bigger throttle body, lose power, bigger intake lose power yet my boost is now at 19 so again up 3 psi and still down power. All the drivability is great, the tune is at 19 timing, A/F ratio was perfect and stock injectors are fine, yet still down on power! Can anyone please help solve this riddle. VMP was handling my tunes but due to the e-mail issues and general pain in the ass of always bugging guys in Florida I hooked up with the best tuner around here he is VERY capable and pretty much left my VMP the same and just adjusted some things for the new add on's. Errrrrrrrrrrr

Anyone?

Still loyal to VMP and Justin but having a local shop with a very good tuner is just a hair more convienant, thought I'd throw that out there hoping I don't piss in anyone's Cheerios here!

I know there's a lot to digest here but first off how the F did my boost go from 17 to 19 by just adding a JLT intake yet didn't gain any HP from the intake or 2 pounds of boost?? That boggles my mind!

I was just putting out random ideas. Things that you may not of thought about. You mentioned that you upgraded the intercooler radiator, did you consider adding a higher volume pump? The 2013 more than doubled the flow rate. How was the IAT compared to the other pulls?

Told me is was great at like 73degrees. ?

No I appriciate any feed back just wondered how it could be A fuel thing whenA/F was allegedly perfect and I even saw the graph it ran right at 11.8 - 12 during pull.

Something has to be off somewhere. Maybe my stock cats? Just guessing would that cause extra boost and kill power at the same time? IDK I'm lost!

No I didn't upgrade the inter cooler pump. I hope it's something that simple. Now I haven't shared that the car is pulling like never before. I notice a huge difference in the seat of my pants but no the numbers. Running like a rapped ape but why the loss and no gains? That's a lot of money to lose numbers or stay essentially the same.

(also during this time I did the best mod to date drag radials putting that power to the ground finally and wow what a difference but still chasing that number).

Now I haven't shared that the car is pulling like never before. I notice a huge difference in the seat of my pants but no the numbers. Running like a rapped ape but why the loss and no gains?

I wonder if the tire change is the major contributing factor for your enhanced seat of the pants experience?

Yeas all the dyno pulls were at a new facility equipped with a Superflow technologies dyno not dyno jet pumped up number here! This dyno is awesome and even simulates road conditions for the drivability part of the tune!

I had the tires way before this latest round of stuff so I'd say no it def feels way stronger just not translating to the dyno? Also is 19 pounds of boost ( how ever it got that high) is that safe on 93 with *19 timing? My head hurts over this crap!!

Archived