TEAM SHELBY FORUM

4th Annual Race N' Rod Nationals, Laguna Seca, Sept. 8th

Brad Barnett

I originally posted this on Feb, 13, as a "heads up" to those who might interested in this event to place it on your calendar. This is a great event and for only $35 you get a parade lap at LS, a Mothers goody bag (last year they gave out bottles of Showtime instant detailer), free raffle, a walking poker run, event T-shirt, and 2 tickets to the Continental Tires Sports car races with the Racing Boss 302s. They also give out an award to the Top Club which was won by a group of CHEVY camaros (I think they about 20) from San Jose. There are enough TS members in the Central California and the Bay Area to participate (we should be able to get more than 20!!) and take the club award away from the chevys and given to a FORD club like TEAM SHELBY. Go to "Race N Rod Nationals, 4th Annual" and follow the prompts for signing up or you can go to Mazda Raceway.com. If you sign up make sure to put down that you are from TS in the Club Affiliation box. I already have a great place to meet up near LS just off Hwy 1 in the Seaside/Del Rey Oaks area.

• 1 month later...

Just signed up. This looks like a good event. as Brad stated. We should try to get as many TS members to sign up and attend so the club trophy can go to TS pacific region. 35.00 gest you a parade lap at Laguna Seca, goodie bag and tickets to the races. I hear the corvette club that one had about 20 cars. We should be able to match that.

4th Annual

Make sure and stop by the Grand Am truck to visit me. I will be there working the Rolex and Continental races that weekend. I can try to set up a visit and tour with some of the Mustang and Ford DP teams if we can work it out timing wise. Let me know when you will be there. If anybody will be around Thursday afternoon, it looks like I'll be pretty free then, Friday around 1:00-2:00 I'll have some time, Saturday looks pretty packed schedule wise, pretty much on track or in tech all day. Sunday morning is pretty free until 10:30. Hope to see some of you there!!

Make sure and stop by the Grand Am truck to visit me. I will be there working the Rolex and Continental races that weekend. I can try to set up a visit and tour with some of the Mustang and Ford DP teams if we can work it out timing wise. Let me know when you will be there. If anybody will be around Thursday afternoon, it looks like I'll be pretty free then, Friday around 1:00-2:00 I'll have some time, Saturday looks pretty packed schedule wise, pretty much on track or in tech all day. Sunday morning is pretty free until 10:30. Hope to see some of you there!!

Show is Saturday but I will look you up. I will pm you with my phone if you want to go to dinner or something.

I'll reg in the am. Just found out I don't have "night class" that day. One thing I learned last year is the earlier you get there the better parade lap position you get. I've been looking forward to this race for a long time!!

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town starting Sept. 8th, so I'll have to put this event on my calendar for next year. All the best taking away the Top Club award from the Chevy Camaros!

Well I doubt taking the club award will happen since I first posted this 6 mos ago and now we only have 2 others (that I now know of) signed up!! I sent an e mail to the coordinator last week and he didnt know of any other TS members signed up but me. Maybe with a few more TS members going this year that more of us can talk this event up for next year. I really had a great time last year and couldnt beat the price for what you get.

I'll reg in the am. Just found out I don't have "night class" that day. One thing I learned last year is the earlier you get there the better parade lap position you get. I've been looking forward to this race for a long time!!

Andy. last year we got there early, got our chairs, etc. set up and waited until just before the parade lap was to take place and then got in on the end of it. I didnt like the dirt lot that the cars had to stage in for hours before the lap and I made a suggestion to the coordinator to maybe change the location for the staging so we will see what happens. Since we were pretty much the last car we kind of hung back and we were driving down the Corkscrew all by ourselves so I am going to try that this year also but I dont want to be pressured by some Race Red Boss 302 in my rear view mirror,LOL. Interested in going there together? We will probably go with H0050 down Hwy 1 from Marina but we could meet you at San Miguel Canyon/Hwy 101. Brad

Jeff, thanks for the offer but can we get in there on Thurs or Fri? Sunday wont work for us (getting ready to go to Germany and meet a Shelby group there a few days after this event).Brad

Jeff, thanks for the offer but can we get in there on Thurs or Fri? Sunday wont work for us (getting ready to go to Germany and meet a Shelby group there a few days after this event).Brad

I would certainly think so. I'm not sure if there is a fee on the test and practice days to get in. I know Thursday all day is a track run test day. We tech all the Rolex and Continental Cars Thursday morning. Friday is practice pretty much all day for us. Here's a link to the weekend schedule for Grand Am

http://www.grand-am.com/Portals/0/grandam/12%20-%20Laguna/2012_Competition_Laguna_OfficialSchedule_ver1.pdf Second to the last race of the year for us, so should be pretty good.

Andy. last year we got there early, got our chairs, etc. set up and waited until just before the parade lap was to take place and then got in on the end of it. I didnt like the dirt lot that the cars had to stage in for hours before the lap and I made a suggestion to the coordinator to maybe change the location for the staging so we will see what happens. Since we were pretty much the last car we kind of hung back and we were driving down the Corkscrew all by ourselves so I am going to try that this year also but I dont want to be pressured by some Race Red Boss 302 in my rear view mirror,LOL. Interested in going there together? We will probably go with H0050 down Hwy 1 from Marina but we could meet you at San Miguel Canyon/Hwy 101. Brad

Can you sign up online? All I see is a form to print out and mail in...

I think I'll just shoot down HWY 101 to 68 or whatever highway the entrance is on. But I will be all over you pressuring you through the cork screw!

Well I doubt taking the club award will happen since I first posted this 6 mos ago and now we only have 2 others (that I now know of) signed up!! I sent an e mail to the coordinator last week and he didnt know of any other TS members signed up but me. Maybe with a few more TS members going this year that more of us can talk this event up for next year. I really had a great time last year and couldnt beat the price for what you get.

Sorry to hear there aren't enough TS participants for the Top Club award this year ... I'll definitely be there for the next one (Harald & Brad told me about the event at the Monterey Motorsports Reunion last weekend). Have a great time on the track!

Can you sign up online? All I see is a form to print out and mail in...

I think I'll just shoot down HWY 101 to 68 or whatever highway the entrance is on. But I will be all over you pressuring you through the cork screw!

Ok, Harald just called the other day and got registered. The guy coordinating the event is Connor Barr. You can contact him at connor@mazdaraceway.com. Really nice guy.

Just signed up. This looks like a good event. as Brad stated. We should try to get as many TS members to sign up and attend so the club trophy can go to TS pacific region. 35.00 gest you a parade lap at Laguna Seca, goodie bag and tickets to the races. I hear the corvette club that one had about 20 cars. We should be able to match that.

4th Annual

Just bumping up. The link is attached: 4th Annual

Still thinking about this one, looks like fun. We have some pretty full weekends coming up.

We would love to see you there but I just want to warn you that there ARE NOT any awards available at this one for best ORANGE car, best ORANGE Super Snake, or best ORANGE mustang,lol,lol, but you might win one of the other ones,haha. Hope to see you there. Brad

However, if you show up, I will award you with a Carroll Shelby Memorial Sticker! I will have some with me for any of you who may not have one yet. I'm also going to see if I can get the Mustang Race Teams to put a sticker on and maybe get some TV time on Speed with them.

However, if you show up, I will award you with a Carroll Shelby Memorial Sticker! I will have some with me for any of you who may not have one yet. I'm also going to see if I can get the Mustang Race Teams to put a sticker on and maybe get some TV time on Speed with them.

Dont worry I will be there!! Just got my packet info to check in on Sat. Dont I will be there before that. We should ask for you at the Grand Am truck? They will know who "Jeff J" is I assume? Brad

I originally posted this on Feb, 13, as a "heads up" to those who might interested in this event to place it on your calendar.

Brad,

I *might* be able to make this. I'm heading out to CA on the Weds. before and the plan is to leave for Disneyland (from Salinas) on Sunday the 9th.

Just in case, keep a eye peeled. I'm hard to miss.

Phill

Dont worry I will be there!! Just got my packet info to check in on Sat. Dont I will be there before that. We should ask for you at the Grand Am truck? They will know who "Jeff J" is I assume? Brad

Sure. JeffJ, Jeff Jacobucci, "49", or the funny looking Mustang guy from Colorado.

Sure. JeffJ, Jeff Jacobucci, "49", or the funny looking Mustang guy from Colorado.

Jeff,

Will you have your rig and canopy there? I can spot that from a mile away....

Phill

Jeff,

Will you have your rig and canopy there? I can spot that from a mile away....

Phill

No, I fly out Wednesday. Our rig is always parked at the top of the garages (closer to the cork screw end). Our tech area is always the first two garages. I'm usually around there unless on pit lane.

No, I fly out Wednesday. Our rig is always parked at the top of the garages (closer to the cork screw end). Our tech area is always the first two garages. I'm usually around there unless on pit lane.

Cool. Maybe I'll see you there. Maybe not.

Phill

Brad,

I *might* be able to make this. I'm heading out to CA on the Weds. before and the plan is to leave for Disneyland (from Salinas) on Sunday the 9th.

Just in case, keep a eye peeled. I'm hard to miss.

Phill

Call me on cell 831-359-0080. Maybe we could meet up before Sat? Feel free to call. Brad

Archived