TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New Boss 302 Laguna Seca Has Arrived!!

vapor08GT500

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tedj: Thank you Ted!! It was great to hang out with you and your wife at SEMA. Hope to see you both at the BASH?

NJPat: Thanks, Pat, but I think you're pretty biased...LOL..the Kona blue on your car is pretty close to the Designio Mystic Blue on my AMG!! When I get the time, I will have my paint guy color sand and buff it, then the final clear bra areas....loving the car, as of yesterday, now at 1350 miles....

Tanabanana: Thanks Tana!!! I wish you'd all come and visit!! I don't know who started the Blue Beauty name, hehe, but I guess it stuck. I really didn't want to post anything about the car, but I guess it would have been brought up sooner or later. Glad you are caught up a bit now...I have been busy, but still finding time for other things. Had a great time with Glen and Lisa, as always...they are a hoot and we always have fun!!! Hope t see you, Rob, and David at the BASH....NO EXCUSES for not coming...LOL!!! :)

Grabber: Thanks, Rob...wait until you drive it!! It really, seriously is a 4 door BEAST with very nice street manners. Every time I drive it, it amazes me...handles like a sports car, seats 4, huge trunk, and very fast....hard to get in and drive many of my other cars and appreciate them...I hope you, Tana and David are coming to the BASH....like I said above^ :)

jerseygator: Thanks Peter. I will do my best to keep pics coming. I have many more on my computer, but need to delegate the time to post them, where I I am not just rushing them with out explanations...I hope you and your family are coming to the BASH again this year?

To all: It sure sounds like I push the BASH...If on the fence, just COME. It is my 6th year going and it is great fun, not only car wise, but socially. it is not only about the cars, it is about the people, and there are a great deal of really neat people that attend. I have lifelong friends that I have had the opportunity to meet and get to know because of this. Like I have said many times before...to me, it is 90% about the people and fun, and 10% about the cars. Bring your wife, husband, kids, or a friend, ou will enjoy your time. I know the cost is prohibitive to some, but fun wise, it is worth every penny in my opinion...

Alex

The Bash starts in Alex's town again this year!

We had a blast the last time we started in Rancho Mirage.

Thank you Alex for helping with the arrangements and for your sponsorship of the Kick Off party!

See you shortly......

jerseygator: Thanks Peter. I will do my best to keep pics coming. I have many more on my computer, but need to delegate the time to post them, where I I am not just rushing them with out explanations...I hope you and your family are coming to the BASH again this year?

Unfortunately not coming this year.

Doing Terlingua and Grand National Bash in Carlisle. So I'll see you in Texas!

Bring the LS!

My pleasure Michael...see you in less than 2 weeks!! It will be a blast

That's a shame you won't make it again Peter, but I'll see you in Terlingua...you will love it!! I don't know what car I will bring this year yet...

Nicole: It's a shame you wont be able to make the BASH. Not as fun track wise as driving SCCA SPEC Mustang, but you will be missing out on all the social fun at the BASH....:(

Alex

Wow I haven't checked on this thread in a while. Alex your boss looks amazing now and I'm sure it performs amazing. If you want a good price for a used gt500 check out eliteautosllc.com from time to time. He is constantly getting more and more shelbys and sometimes they are at good prices (unless he mods them then they are high).

I have been contemplating doing the husmat treatment to my car. Tell me why didn't you go with ranmat? Also how did the feel and sound of the car change afterwards? Also did you use their foam or just the foil, or a combination of the 2?

If you can get me a good price I'll order my hushmat from you. I would want doors, entire floor, and maybe full trunk depending on price if it is too high then just half. But I would probably go with a combination of the foam and the other material they have.

That AMG looks nice, can't wait to see what you do to it. But its TOO BLUE lol.

• 1 month later...

Alex, awesome build on the Boss! It was great to see it documented from start to its current state. I had a chance to pick up a '13 LS for sticker and passed to get my '13 GT500 instead. I can't say I regret it but I would love to have both!

BTW, the AMG is a sick ride and the perfect color!! My '13 is DIB and dark blue is my favorite color for performance cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi myfast70,

Thank you. DIB is one of my favorites for the 13 GT500!! I enjoy owning a myriad of "performance cars'...thay are all fun in different ways.I am biased with picking a favorite, but have a pretty decent list of 1-10 of my 31 current cars as to the ones I love, like, OK and HATE.

Alex

Hi myfast70,

Thank you. DIB is one of my favorites for the 13 GT500!! I enjoy owning a myriad of "performance cars'...thay are all fun in different ways.I am biased with picking a favorite, but have a pretty decent list of 1-10 of my 31 current cars as to the ones I love, like, OK and HATE.

Alex

Hey Alex,

I missed my chance to hang out with you at Knotts and didn't get to say goodbye.......seems we're all to busy these days.

Anyways, I hope we all can get together before Terlingua.

Hey Alex,

I missed my chance to hang out with you at Knotts and didn't get to say goodbye.......seems we're all to busy these days.

Anyways, I hope we all can get together before Terlingua.

Dan

Lisa and I are in PS May 29th and then to LA on June 3rd for one of the TP concerts and then off to wine country on the way home. Alex is supposed to be coming for the trip to Sonoma. Any of theses dates work??

Glen

Dan

Lisa and I are in PS May 29th and then to LA on June 3rd for one of the TP concerts and then off to wine country on the way home. Alex is supposed to be coming for the trip to Sonoma. Any of theses dates work??

Glen

Hey Glen,

Could be........I'll check with Marji's calendar. I know our daughter Jessica is running a marathon around that time and we're part of her support team.

Hey Glen,

Could be........I'll check with Marji's calendar. I know our daughter Jessica is running a marathon around that time and we're part of her support team.

cool on the marathon. our youngest used to run them a few years back befroe he got into weights. quilfied for boston 3:05 but never went .

cool on the marathon. our youngest used to run them a few years back befroe he got into weights. quilfied for boston 3:05 but never went .

Wow, 3:05 is pretty fast, fast, fast :worship:

I can't quite get why a guy is posting his AMG in this forum...

Should I post my ML63? Would that make sense? :confused:

Hi Patrick,

LOL...Absolutely...post it, I love ML 63's....post it in my thread...

I only posted my AMG in my thread so rumors don't start...if I admit it before someone that doesn't know me does and gets pissy, I just reference my own post...I have owned many peformance cars of all genres, but always stick with Shelby's. Why? There really isn't a better car for the money that does what they do, nor is there a platform that has such an inexpensive muriad of upgrades available to make them even better!!'

Alex

And yes Dan, I drove home feeling bad that I saw you for less than 5 minutes at Knott's and never got to see Marji. Let's try to do a get together while Glen and Lisa are here. We should start planning now...

Alex

Wow, 3:05 is pretty fast, fast, fast :worship:

yea we will have to sit down and talk. we will include his first where he blue up at 32K and we had to carry him back to the car.

• 1 month later...

LOL...no just kidding, Ted...didn't sell the Boss...Jon Lund is doing a new tune for it right now...

Whew, thought you broke down and sold that bad boy. I just got my lethal kit in a week ago with a Lund tune and it transformed the car. You still have the kenne bell on there that you had at sema? Did you every work the deal on the blow through turbo?

Pat (NJPat) l have used Jon Lund many times before.If he can't make the KB run right, then the supercharger IS coming off. I don't care if this is the first 13 Boss to get a KB, it has not run even close to right since it was put on when the engine and drivetrain was all stock.

Ted ( tedj) Yes, KB as you saw at SEMA is still on. Car is not driveable and I am still amazed it made it to SEMA!! I probably own more,and have owned more KS supercharged cars that anyone else (16-18) and have a huge moral delema on this one. Their superchargers consistently make more power than the rest, are more efficient, and are smoother right off the bat. This one is terrible and has been since put on. Jon will make it all right, I am confident. If not, back to stock than the twins...

It is SHOCKING my twin turbo 2013 CLS63 AMG made 535 RWHP on garbage 91 octane pump gas bone stock, and 745 RWHP with only a a tune, exhaust and downpipes on 91. I know, apples to oranges, but when you all make fun of me for other cars I own and have owned, there is a reason why I daily drive what I choose to daily drive. Every day of my life for the last 19 years I have driven Mustangs every day, either my own, or customers and still do and probably always will, I do love them for what they are and can be, but can I drive one as an only car, every day, as an only car with that kind of power, NO WAY.

Alex

Archived