TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Engine Failure...

07SGT0547

Mid-Week Update (7/22/2012):

Looks like my replacement Long Block actually arrived at the Dealer on Monday... Service Writer had this particular Monday OFF and didn't see the warranty paperwork until early this Morning... Should have the BOSS back on the road in a few days... Hoping to be able to pick it up on Monday the 30th...

Sorry for being a bit late to the party Gregg....................bummer about the engine failure but real happy to hear Ford is taking care of you. I give you big time props for getting that fantastic machine on the track and driving her the way she was ment to be driven. :worship:

Hugs from Marji and I to you and Esther.

Mid-Week Update (7/22/2012):

Looks like my replacement Long Block actually arrived at the Dealer on Monday... Service Writer had this particular Monday OFF and didn't see the warranty paperwork until early this Morning... Should have the BOSS back on the road in a few days... Hoping to be able to pick it up on Monday the 30th...

Like Dan, I'm just caught up with this...it seems everything will be working out just fine for you Gregg.

I'm looking at a Boss myself while on a biz trip to San Diego tomorrow.

Good luck with the repairs!

Tom

Guess that's what I get for trading in my SGT for a BOSS...

But I still can't see Alex's BOSS BUILD Thread???

Gregg it looks as tho your Team Shelby membership expired... there is no Team Shelby logo under your avatar, could that be why you can't see it!

@ Dan & Tom... No real worries, except having it replaced at a Dealership that is 75 miles from my house... Maybe they'll set up a webcam so I can watch the whole thing from my desktop computer :camera: Just glad that I didn't have to jump thru any hoops with Ford getting this all taken care of under Warranty... From seeing all the pics & videos from Europe, it looks like EVERYONE had a BLAST... I can only imagine what it is like driving your own car on the 'Ring and at Le Mans...

@ Doug... Back when the online Registry was getting started, I was placed in a sub-group just for the Registrars... Unfortunately, Robert never gave us a unique TS Logo, so it shows up as an "empty" graphic under my screen name... Ironically, my Membership expires in 2015... Which might explain why I received TWO Complete Membership kits for 2012 :drop:

Gregg -- still on track to pick it up Monday?

FYI, I had the engine replaced in my LS back in January. Make sure they transfer the serial plate! My dealer didn't, and it was a pain to get it replaced.

Looks like it's going to be Tuesday afternoon... Which is fine by me...

And they are replacing it with a Long Block, which doesn't include a new intake... So they have to transfer the original intake & exhaust manifolds from the original anyhow...

Can't wait to get it back on the road...

@ Dan & Tom... No real worries, except having it replaced at a Dealership that is 75 miles from my house... Maybe they'll set up a webcam so I can watch the whole thing from my desktop computer :camera: Just glad that I didn't have to jump thru any hoops with Ford getting this all taken care of under Warranty... From seeing all the pics & videos from Europe, it looks like EVERYONE had a BLAST... I can only imagine what it is like driving your own car on the 'Ring and at Le Mans...

@ Doug... Back when the online Registry was getting started, I was placed in a sub-group just for the Registrars... Unfortunately, Robert never gave us a unique TS Logo, so it shows up as an "empty" graphic under my screen name... Ironically, my Membership expires in 2015... Which might explain why I received TWO Complete Membership kits for 2012 :drop:

Looking forward to seeing your BOSS in person. SRE 2012 had a great selection of Mustangs but no Boss. Sooooooo next time we need you and your Boss along.

Looking forward to seeing your BOSS in person. SRE 2012 had a great selection of Mustangs but no Boss. Sooooooo next time we need you and your Boss along.

Guess I better start saving up my pennies (for the next 4 years) if Esther & I are going to make this happen... But I plan to keep in the "loop" as I was born near Prestwick, Scotland and would love the opportunity to be able to get back there on a trip like this... Throw in the 'Ring & Le Mans and I might just not come back to Kansas...

Looks like it's going to be Tuesday afternoon... Which is fine by me...

And they are replacing it with a Long Block, which doesn't include a new intake... So they have to transfer the original intake & exhaust manifolds from the original anyhow...

Can't wait to get it back on the road...

Glad to hear it's coming along so quickly. I see you're in Kansas and probably not too far from Motorsports Park Hastings. We're holding the 2nd Annual Mustang Roundup there 9/21-9/23 with three days on track with a lot of great Mustangs and probably half will be Boss 302s and Laguna Secas. Would be a good christening for the new engine ;)

Probably not going to make it up to Hastings for either of these events (Ponies on the Plains or Mustang Roundup)... Just too many other "things" going on during those same weekends... However, there is always the chance that my schedule will change at the last minute...

Right now, I'm just waiting for the Service Writer to call and tell me to come pick up my BOSS... Then I need to break in the replacement motor for the next 1,000 miles... And then, maybe then, I'll take it back out to the track for a little R&R...

Brought the BOSS back home tonight... Almost perfect, except for numerous P0300, P0304 and a couple of P0307 Codes during the 75-mile drive... Guessing it just needs to have the Crankshaft Re-Learn Procedure done again... Will check all the connections at the coil packs in the AM when everything has cooled down... Otherwise (knock on wood) I couldn't be more pleased with FORD and the entire process...

Real happy for you Gregg. Get that beauty all worked in and have a blast.

Don't forget......we need you and your Boss on the Shelby Run UK 2016. :rockon:

Any tentative plans for the UK portion yet? Or is it still too far away?

But according to Esther, we're already "IN"... Especially once she politely reminded me that I'll turn 50 in 2016... And was born in Scotland... So what better way to celebrate my birthday???

Any tentative plans for the UK portion yet? Or is it still too far away?

But according to Esther, we're already "IN"... Especially once she politely reminded me that I'll turn 50 in 2016... And was born in Scotland... So what better way to celebrate my birthday???

I'd think the event for 2016 is in the beginning stages of planning.

The adventure just got a whole lot better with you and Esther going :yahoo: Marji and I told Sean we are in for whatever is planned.

So far so good... No more codes with either Key... Will be a month or two before I get enough "break-in" miles on the new Engine before I get it back to the Track...

Good deal and glad it's up and running again. Well a month or two gets you right to the Mustang Roundup ;) Hopefully your schedule clears so you can make it. You'd be the first Red/White Boss to make the event. It would be cool to see that combo represented.

• 8 months later...

Archived