TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone drive both 2013 GT500 and 2011/12 GT350

I am sitting here spinning my wheels. I have a 2013 GT500 ordered in March and still waiting production and have a chance to buy a very low mile 2011 GT350. Money is close on both cars and I need some deciding which one to go for. I am not a 1/4 mile guy, will drive the car about 5-6000 miles/year and take it on the track 2-3 times a year. Please let me know your thoughts, especially if someone has experience with both cars. I need to decide soon ~ Thanks Mike

GT350! The 350 is under 200 cars for 2011 and will be around and more desired for years to come. It will turn heads. You will feel like a blonde with double dd's walking down the street. The gt500 will be on every ford show room across america. I only have experience with my 08 kr. But i have a 2012 gt350 in production at this moment. But what ever the choice, drive 'em hard! Enjoy your tough decision.

GT350! I know I would if I could! I have never driven,nor ridden in one for that matter, but have heard and seen them in action. They are an A++++!

• 1 month later...

I have both (not the 2013 GT500 however) and find the GT350 much more exhilarating. As for the attention it draws, there is no comparison. The GT350 gets more looks than the 500, simply because nobody has ever seen one in these parts.

With the exclusive design and limited production of 170 units for the 2011 GT350 and over 30,000 for all the GT500 models, the GT350 is a great choice. It is a great attention getter and has the power and handling to back up the looks. And it was built at Shelby American, not at Ford. The ride is slightly different so it would be best to drive both to see what appeals to you. And make it a good test drive, not just around the block in the lower gears.

I don't think you could go wrong with either and agree on the GT350 in terms of rarity. There might be one consideration as to which is easier to "fix" in the event of an accident or some other event that requires repairs. A minor fender bender on a car with rare parts could be more difficult to make whole again. With that said, I would suggest getting one of each :rockon:

Archived