TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is missing from the bottom of this car?

I am about to pull the trigger on this GT-H. The current owner says it looks like there was something missing from the bottom under the car attached to the K member. On the GT500s there is a splash guard that goes from the bottom of the front chin spoiler to the K member. Looking at this picture it appears that there is a piece of a plastic tab remaining on one side and there are three screws that is supposed to hold something on the K member. Can anyone provide any insight?

Underneath car 10a.JPG

Underneath car 10a.JPG

Yep, definitely missing the undertray there. Yes, it goes from the bottom of the front chin spoiler back to the K-member. I'm pretty sure that it's nothing special that you couldn't find, but I could be wrong that the piece is specific to the GTCS nose piece. Even then, should still be available.

I haven't seen it at SPP, but I have replaced it once on my SGT and need to replace it again. It does match up with the California special parts, so there are no issues getting it from the dealer. There are actually 2 pieces

Mrfarmdog.....I may be able to shed some light on this. I was missing the same piece(s) on my 06 GT-H.

The replacement piece that goes where your broken piece of plastic is still screwed on is Ford Part

# 5R3Z-17626-BA. However, and I can't tell for sure from your photo, but it looks as though you could be missing another piece that attaches to the bottom of the chin spoiler and runs the entire length of the front of the car...front of wheel well to front of wheel well. I needed that as well and it's Ford Part # 7R3Z-17C947-AA. It's called a "filler". The "splash guard" or whatever it's actually called screws to the "filler" and the filler attaches to the chin spoiler. Best bet might be to check with your local Ford dealer parts dept and let them show you the parts pictures. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the $'s were. Hopes this helps.

You can go to Tousley Ford parts on line and see the parts break down and price. They get damaged from parking lot stop blocks, and Hertz just removed them. I had to replace both parts on my 07 as they were missing also. American Muscle also sells the lower flat plate on their site for the California special.

If you get it and need to order the parts. Tousley Ford is probably the best to deal with on the phone or online. They probably have the best prices also. Here are the two parts you would need:

http://www.tousleyfo...h&siteid=214771

http://www.tousleyfo...h&siteid=214771

Funny that I was working on posting this when the above comment was posted. See, I told you Tousley was the best.... :)

• 1 month later...

Archived