TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kenne Bell 3.6LC install

Picked up the complete kit with the intake and dual 75mm throttle body a few days ago. Going to start the install in a couple weeks and just looking for any useful info that might help make it easier. I went through the 3 stages of install guides that came with it and it seems pretty straight forward. Its got another guide that assumes you already have a 2.8 installed and goes through swapping those out as well as adding the coolant lines. It says if to go through all 3 stages first and when I get to the part about installing the compressor to go into this other guide. That doesn't make sense to me since the blower install is also covered in the stage 1 book.

Also, I started swapping electronics over from my old stock throttle body over to the new KB unit and when trying to install the TPS I noticed the OEM torx screws were bottoming out early. I was thinking it was some leftover loctite on the threads so I made sure they were all nice and clean and they still stopped about 1/8" early. I took a paper clip and dropped it in the holes where the screws go to measure the depth and they are indeed short. Did anyone else have this problem? did you just cut the OEM screws down a little shorter? All 5 screws from the motor plate went in just fine on the new throttle body.

Am I the first person to get the new intake tube with my kit? I've never seen it before so I called Kenne Bell when I got home and Matt told me the black oval tubes have been discontinued and the polished tubes are brand new. It's a 4.5" tube but no idea what the exact measurements were on the oval tubes to see if this actually changes the amount of air flow or if its just for looks.

36LCkit.jpg

and a pic of the TPS on my KB throttle body with the screws in about as much as I'd want them to go without feeling like I'm going to snap something

tps.jpg

2nd2none, check your parts bag for the correct screws for the throttle body TPS screws. Stock screws will not work. I just did the same install and didn't notice the screws in the kit. It's a great kit to install and we're really happy with the results. You'll love the power.

GT500 KB Install

Archived