TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Half Retro House and Full Garage....

gt350lp

My garage was 1 of 3 choosen to be featured in a local magazine ( Gilroy Today ) They came out today and took pictures. It should be in print September issue....They only did the garage but I included the house...my half..lol...it matches the garage...Enjoy Larry....

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/aQ8Pm5zD

Holly molly, it’s like walking back into yesteryear!

Looks like a whole lotta time and love invested, congrates on the feature story, nicely done and well deserved.

I'll take a milkshake, please.

As a kid I'd save my coins till I got a whole $0.50 save up, then I'd go to the local corner Rx (Mc Donald’s who?) for a grilled cheese sandwich with a can of Campbell’s tomato or chicken soup followed by an ice cream cone. I'd have a soda to go with, they would pump couple squirts of syrup in to the glass then add the soda water sorry seltzer water. If I didn't get the soda I'd go for a milkshake and skip the cone. Man what a treat, thanks for the trip done memory lane.

Gas was $0.15 to 0.25 cigarettes $0.10 Arco was Atlantic Richfield Co. My sisters were in love with Elvis. I use to drop a nickel into the table jute box and play songs like Monster Mash, Yellow Polk-A-Dot-Bikini, Camp Gurnadda <- spelling chk?

Lawrence Welk & Benny Goodman shows were big on TV. Moms didn’t want there kids watching the Three Stooges but we did any way and bugs was top. Rin Tin Tin, Long Ranger, Roy Rogers, The Rifle Man and Have Gun will travel were cool cowboy shows. And everyone had their toy holster and six shooter.

Good old Ike made was leaving office and GI Joe and army gear replace the six shooter and bow as every kids favorite toy. Frank Sinatra Dean Martin the Rat Pack and JFK, were the new cool. Dean Martin show and roast, was the show to watch.

Then came my first job, the Rolling Stones followed by the Beatles and the end of an era.

Wow..... Things have certainly changed.

• 1 month later...

My garage was 1 of 3 choosen to be featured in a local magazine ( Gilroy Today ) They came out today and took pictures. It should be in print September issue....They only did the garage but I included the house...my half..lol...it matches the garage...Enjoy Larry....

http://www.photoshow.../watch/aQ8Pm5zD

I just received my copy of the publication of Gilroy Today....Google Gilroy Today then scroll down the front cover to Cool "Man Cave" garages. You can read about the 4 Garages here in Gilroy, then you can click on the photos....It was fun doing this....Larry.....

I've heard about your place before but never seen it - love it . I'll have to run down and get a copy of the magazine. Glad to see that you made a video of the place to show us . Question - have you ever forgotten where you sat down your bottle of soda ? :hysterical2:

I have the phone number for a good therapist that might be able to help you. May take a while though. All kidding aside, I really enjoyed the slide show you posted on your house. What a great collection. Must have taken a very long time to collect all that. Thanks

I've heard about your place before but never seen it - love it . I'll have to run down and get a copy of the magazine. Glad to see that you made a video of the place to show us . Question - have you ever forgotten where you sat down your bottle of soda ? :hysterical2:

Iv'e never forgotten where my soda is....But I'm always looking for my detail spray...so I have about 3 of them all over the garage.......

• 2 months later...

Archived