TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Shelby wins again

joebob948

I decided to enter an A.A.C.A car show in my area today. I competed in the category of 2009-2012 Stock vehicles and not to my surprise came away with the first place trophy!!!!! There were a few Camaros, Challenger SRT8's ,other Mustangs and was fortunate to make Shelby Nation proud. If there was a trophy for most photographed car,it would have won that ,too. I could count the number of young kids that came up to me and said that this is their dream car and would like to own one in the future. Shelby power is still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish it was that way in Phoenix. I can enter new muscle car categories and be up against maybe a few other mustangs and some Camaros decked out to the bumble bee theme with weird disco lights all over it. Trust me there's a couple of those around here. The Shelby doesn't get recognized even though it is nowhere near stock. All I can really do is laugh when they call the Camaro's to win. Like the judges really look at those with disco lights and bumblebee crap all over it and think "Oh man that is really nice and that is the best muscle car here." Do they even know what their looking at when they look a Shelby? It just makes me laugh that people don't even know what their looking at when they judge cars. As long you have fancy flame paint and disco lights and loud music playing they think that's the best cars made.

But hey congrats on winning first place! It does feel good when your car gets recognized.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations. My 45th Anniversary 350 always gets lots of looks whether or not at a car show. I remember one time when a couple of mid-teen age fellows came up to me. One of them knew his cars and was 'blown away' with mine. He knew as much about the car as I did. Including the fact that there are only about 170 in existence. He asked if he could sit in it and start it up. Of course I tossed him the keys and told him, "Be home by 10l" :happy feet: I made some young fellow very happy that day. Yes, the Shelby Nation lives.

Archived