TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Class reunion smoke blower

verlyn12

Went to hubby's class reunion last night. Always the smoke blower who needs to be the top dog and if you believe the bs he throws out then he sure sounds good. Some friends were discussing the Shelby 500 etc in a nice way and having fun when :Mr Know it All and I am better than anyone else sounds off. He says Yeah I had two mustangs and took one to TX to get Carroll Shelby's sig for $30000. Bought one for $100000and sold it for $90000-that was dumb in my opinion. Now, the thing is that this guy doesn't have a pot and we all know it. But when he was blowing smoke he didn't know we had a Shelby-I offered to take him outside and show him and he about choked! Didn't go either-imagine that.

Question is-is there a place in TX that does official Shelby mods or just at SA in Vegas? One of the guys asked if hubby had ever been to SA and he said no but my wife has and probably knows more about that type of thing than me. Mr Know It all never said another word. So for the follow up tonight I need to have my ducks in a row about the TX thing.

Thanks!!

Went to hubby's class reunion last night. Always the smoke blower who needs to be the top dog and if you believe the bs he throws out then he sure sounds good. Some friends were discussing the Shelby 500 etc in a nice way and having fun when :Mr Know it All and I am better than anyone else sounds off. He says Yeah I had two mustangs and took one to TX to get Carroll Shelby's sig for $30000. Bought one for $100000and sold it for $90000-that was dumb in my opinion. Now, the thing is that this guy doesn't have a pot and we all know it. But when he was blowing smoke he didn't know we had a Shelby-I offered to take him outside and show him and he about choked! Didn't go either-imagine that.

Question is-is there a place in TX that does official Shelby mods or just at SA in Vegas? One of the guys asked if hubby had ever been to SA and he said no but my wife has and probably knows more about that type of thing than me. Mr Know It all never said another word. So for the follow up tonight I need to have my ducks in a row about the TX thing.

Thanks!!

there was but quantam is out of the business

Question is-is there a place in TX that does official Shelby mods or just at SA in Vegas?

Quantam Motorsports was the official Shelby mod shop in Texas. They converted GT500's in to Super Snakes but not sure if the did the others (GT500SE, etc.). If Mr. Know-it-all paid $30K for Carroll's signature, he's a fool or got scammed. And I don't think the earliest base Super Snake was only $30K but I do seem to remember a $33K "base" starting point on early Super Snakes.

As pointed out by another member, Quantam closed awhile back. Probably about a year ago, or slightly longer?

Shelby American in Las Vegas NV, Quantam in TX and Tasca Ford in Rhode Island are the only 3 in the USA. Them and Sean Hyland Motorsports up in Canada.

Phill

Archived