TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Flat Rock - Quality Hold - any news?

emmetcs@pu

Today, 04:44 PM Post #1

StangsUnleashed Member

Group: S197ShelbyOA Member

Member No.: 8,062

Just heard from VOPC that my white/blue which was released from foreign(stripe) plant on April 10 is still sitting with others on 'quality hold' - anyone know anything about this particular hold? Know from past experience from many of your posts that this is not long but would just like to know if it's a major issue or not. Thanks for any info.

--------------------

White/blue stripes

Nav/sat radio

interior upgrade

ordered: 02/06/07

vin:1ZVHT88S375331891

scheduled build: 04/02/07

Hobe Sound, FL

Full Edit

Quick Edit

NipNTuck

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 05:27 PM Post #2

StangsUnleashed Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,214

My car was released from the stripe plant and scheduled for arrival the week of 041207. After reading your post I called Ford and the young lady said my car was sitting in a lot at the plant waiting for rail car. I asked her if that was considered a "material" hold and she said no. I hope your car gets here quick along with mine because the suspense is killin me!

Mark

--------------------

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Received VIN on 031207 was

Scheduled for production 032607

Built on 033007-033107

Dealer notified me 041107 car would be here sometime after

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition

2004 Jeep Liberty

2006 Mustang GT

Formerly Owned 3 Corvettes

http://www.twinoaksrvpark.com/

emmetcs@pu

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 05:37 PM Post #3

StangsUnleashed Member

I heard the same thing from CS - it's only when I called VOPC that I heard about the quality hold - she said she had just checked on another vehicle and called the plant and they told her about GT500s on quality hold.

--------------------

White/blue stripes

Nav/sat radio

interior upgrade

Hobe Sound, FL

Full Edit

Quick Edit

emmetcs@pu

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 05:38 PM Post #4

StangsUnleashed Member

Sorry I seem to have posted this on the 2008 GT 500 forum - didn't realize there was one already, oops - sorry!

Today, 04:44 PM Post #1

StangsUnleashed Member

Just heard from VOPC that my white/blue which was released from foreign(stripe) plant on April 10 is still sitting with others on 'quality hold' - anyone know anything about this particular hold? Know from past experience from many of your posts that this is not long but would just like to know if it's a major issue or not. Thanks for any info.

--------------------

White/blue stripes

Nav/sat radio

interior upgrade

Hobe Sound, FL

Full Edit

Quick Edit

NipNTuck

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 05:27 PM Post #2

StangsUnleashed Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 8,214

My car was released from the stripe plant and scheduled for arrival the week of 041207. After reading your post I called Ford and the young lady said my car was sitting in a lot at the plant waiting for rail car. I asked her if that was considered a "material" hold and she said no. I hope your car gets here quick along with mine because the suspense is killin me!

Mark

--------------------

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Received VIN on 031207 was

Scheduled for production 032607

Built on 033007-033107

Dealer notified me 041107 car would be here sometime after

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition

2004 Jeep Liberty

2006 Mustang GT

Formerly Owned 3 Corvettes

http://www.twinoaksrvpark.com/

emmetcs@pu

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 05:37 PM Post #3

StangsUnleashed Member

I heard the same thing from CS - it's only when I called VOPC that I heard about the quality hold - she said she had just checked on another vehicle and called the plant and they told her about GT500s on quality hold.

--------------------

White/blue stripes

Nav/sat radio

interior upgrade

Hobe Sound, FL

Full Edit

Quick Edit

emmetcs@pu

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Today, 05:38 PM Post #4

StangsUnleashed Member

Sorry I seem to have posted this on the 2008 GT 500 forum - didn't realize there was one already, oops - sorry!

What the heck? My post was merged with his post? LOL? Admin help please!

The young lady at Ford did not give me an ETA but she did say that she has been hearing from people all day who were suppose to get their cars 3 weeks ago so I should be thankful? I told her if I called in 3 weeks from now I guess I will be unhappy too! I guess the rail cars are messing everyone up? Seems like everyone goes through this? How long before someone in management says "Houston, we have a problem!" LOL Either get the RR in gear or ship them by truck.

The young lady at Ford did not give me an ETA but she did say that she has been hearing from people all day who were suppose to get their cars 3 weeks ago so I should be thankful? I told her if I called in 3 weeks from now I guess I will be unhappy too! I guess the rail cars are messing everyone up? Seems like everyone goes through this? How long before someone in management says "Houston, we have a problem!" LOL Either get the RR in gear or ship them by truck.

Didn't you hear about the train wreck??? :rip: They now have to re-order everyones car!! I really feel bad for you guys. It would be a :heartbreaker: to know I was so close to having my car to only find out that it will be another 6 mos. :headspin:

Quite a few people have seen delays. Mine was caught up in the emergency brake cable changeout. Hang in there.

Didn't you hear about the train wreck??? :rip: They now have to re-order everyones car!! I really feel bad for you guys. It would be a :heartbreaker: to know I was so close to having my car to only find out that it will be another 6 mos. :headspin:

Your not very nice. :hysterical::poke:

Does this mean there are a bunch of spare parts available? I got dibbs on the engines! :hysterical2:

Your not very nice. :hysterical::poke:

Does this mean there are a bunch of spare parts available? I got dibbs on the engines! :hysterical2:

I was just on ebay and saw a 5.4S/C ENGINE STARTING BID $14,999, buy it now was 16,499. Still want to buy the engine?? :hysterical2: For anyone wanting to make a clone they should just buy the real deal for that price!! As for the other parts from the wreck they will be available soon..... :hysterical:

As for why still on hold , really I don't know, :poke: Grabber might be able to find out

Several major rail lines out of detroit run through the area where I live on their way to Chicago (through the rail yard in Osceola, IN). Looking up rail numbers a couple of times it's easy to see that the shelbys going west go over these lines.

Recently we had two freight trains collide, several cars derailed. I actually went and drove by the accident just to make sure no shelbys were on the cars that were impacted.

No shelbys were involved, but the plant where they make Humvees for the military is right here, too, and about 5 cars from the last one that derailed there was a whole bunch of them. 3 or 4 rail cars worth.

- Tony

Archived